Author Topic: I am so glad i went to practice tonight  (Read 2122 times)

Offline GreenWhite

Re: I am so glad i went to practice tonight
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2017, 12:54:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I, for one, want Dan to remain at Marshall. But, I also realize that we have some serious gaps that were not filled for this season. But, I like the direction the program is going. It has an awful lot of upswing to it. For those who want Dan gone, let me remind you of the years with Dwight Freeman, Ron Jirsa and Tom Herrion. You might also want to throw in Donnie Jones since he could never win in the conference tournament. And for those who want to talk about the year we went to the NIT under Herrion, just remember that team laid down because they didn't get the home game they thought they deserved in the NIT.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2017, 12:54:36 PM »

Offline MIA

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2017, 02:44:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I  don’t believe anyone is calling for him to be fired. All I am pointing out is the accountability ALL of our coaches need to fall under. The same people who are calling for Docs head on a platter, (and in some cases rightfully so) seem to turn a blind eye, or the “we are building the right way” theory or mediocrity. Remember this line of thinking/acceptance got us in the bind we are in with football. I used the LA Tech example as a school with a smaller budget than ours who made a great hire and that hire turned it around in a 4 year period.
    As for Danny I want him to succeed. But I am not going to be naive enough to be in a wait till next year mode every year. Expect results.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think this is his 3rd year?  Coaches Should get 4-5 years to show results unless series explosion.  Man took the Herd to the title game last season.  He just needs to be sure he surrounds recruiters around him and player developers.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2017, 03:19:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is his 4th year.  Can rationalize it all you want.  Mike Hamrick played games in trying to replace Herrion.  Couldn't get a yea or nay from Mike D'Antoni on Herd job; perhaps he knew all along he could always offer the job to Danny if Mike finally wasn't able or willing to come to Huntington.  That's on Hamrick.  If he would have hired Danny soon after letting Herrion go it would have been better for everybody concerned, including Danny AND MU.

As for making it to the conference tourney "finals", should that really be the "standard"?  Hell, Greg White made it to the Southern Conference finals and was finally "let go".  And look at Greg's overall won-loss record.  He also coached his last several seasons in the MAC, which was every bit the equal, if not better, in overall basketball quality as the CUSA league we are currently in!!

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While it is his fourth year coaching, it is only his third true recruiting class. And, Coalherd, you are right in Hamrick taking too long to get a replacement for Herrion. Remember how things were when Pruett left and Snyder was hired? I believe it was shortly before signing day if my memory is correct. If not, then I stand corrected. I also believe in accountability. I do believe things are getting better in the basketball program. I expect good things this year. Not great, mind you, just good. And I am not even going to look to next year because we still have this year to play out.

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• So ill take you as a yes. Got it!!!!

Well since he refered to Jon as "your" point guard, I'd assume he isn't even a Herd fan so who cares what he thinks.

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2017, 04:39:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not only did danny not have time for re ruiting his first year. But he had to clean house as well. He was basically starting from scratch his second year. Canty, goard and thomas was sent packing and then boykins and manning was urged to transfer the next year. Honestly the first 2 years was just cleaning up and stabilizing the mess. He now has all his recruits and most are young or sitting out. I know where tbis is headed and im not worried. Jmo

Offline MIA

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2017, 06:45:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah your right i am not a fan. I am a supporter - big difference financially speaking. Seems like the profile here is if you disagree you aren’t a fan.

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2017, 07:48:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah your right i am not a fan. I am a supporter - big difference financially speaking. Seems like the profile here is if you disagree you aren’t a fan.

No not true at all. Herdorbust and I just had a bit of a disagreement about DD a couple of days ago. But, Marshall is my school, I refer to it and Herd athletics as We, Us and Our.. If you refer to the school and sports teams as You, Yours, Them or Theirs then I just assume you aren't a Marshall person.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2017, 07:48:44 PM »