Author Topic: Very sad day for me, Maurice White of Earth, Wind and Fire has passed away.  (Read 32353 times)

Offline The E-Man

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a very sad emotional day for me. My mentor Maurice White founder of Earth, Wind and fire died today. I'm sure most Herd fans that know me, know how much I love the greatest band ever! Earth, Wind and Fire's music changed the landscape for many different genres of music. Here's what a great musician David Foster had to say as he pay's homage to Maurice.

HerdFans.com

Offline BHFIOHIO

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I feel ya dude. Glen Frey and Richard Wright hit me hard. I'm the same age and don't like to think about that stuff. Pink Floyd and the Eagles have kept me company many an evening since I retired.

Offline ed swain

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw them this past August with my daughter;they were awesome.

Offline wferg

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2014
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw them in Charleston in 77(I believe).  They were amazing and even recently they were.

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sad. Always liked their music.

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Saw them for the first time while a freshman or sophomore at MU at an amphitheater in Columbus with the Temptations. Since then, I've seen them at least 5 times in between my most recent occasion 2 years ago at Wolf Trap in NOVA sans Maurice.  His brother Verdine looked great and was jumping around onstage as if he was 22.

Online The Right Stuff

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man another sad day for those of us that appreciate good music.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline herdly4

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A great musician. RIP

Offline MarshallSteve

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a very sad emotional day for me. My mentor Maurice White founder of Earth, Wind and fire died today. I'm sure most Herd fans that know me, know how much I love the greatest band ever! Earth, Wind and Fire's music changed the landscape for many different genres of music. Here's what a great musician David Foster had to say as he pay's homage to Maurice.

I hate to hear that. We have lost quite a few of these guys the last several years. Glenn Frey, Rick Wright, Bob Burns etc. Just seen Frey and the Eagles in Lexington back in July. Never thought it would be the last time I would see them again. You just never know. I was very fortunate to see the Rolling Stones twice this past summer. Felt like that would probably be the last chance I would ever get to see the play live again. Jagger/Richards/Watts/Wood are all in their 70's now. Hard to believe. Speaking of the Stones, they were burning down the house last night in Chile'.......

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:50:21 PM by MarshallSteve »

Offline The E-Man

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Earth, Wind and Fire, with (Chicago my second best group ever!) I love these two groups.. here's (25 or 6 to 4) EWF & Chicago together jamming!..
    (Warning!: these horns and guitars are on fire:)

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:45:26 PM by The E-Man »

Offline The E-Man

Re: Very sad day for me, Maurice White of Earth, Wind and Fire has passed away.
    « Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 11:16:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another classic together "If you leave me now"

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good stuff E and Steve.  Hey that sounds like a group.  Saw Chicago with Peter Cetera live in Huntington circa 1978.  Totally unbelievable.

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »

Offline bighat

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 04:15:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chicago Transit Authority was the name then and they were the introductory band
    for Sam and Dave.  It ended up being the Sam concert because Dave was strung out on drugs.

Offline backontrack

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Saw Chicago in '71 and then again in '13 with the Doobies...loved II & III and the posters that came with them...

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »