Author Topic: Marshall football player has been shot  (Read 5274 times)

Offline JEP3rd

Marshall football player has been shot
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:15:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Incident appatrently happening early Sunday morning in Huntington, some of the story has been on WSAZ's web site, but not full details of what happened, only where - in the 1900 block of 6th Avenue, and that the player is expected to make a 'full recovery'.

The identity of the player hasn't been revealed. I'd expect more to be revealed soon.

HerdFans.com

Marshall football player has been shot
    « on: June 28, 2017, 05:15:19 PM »

Offline chris88

Re: Marshall football player has been shot
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:26:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • 4AM not usually a good time to be out.  In any case i'm just glad to hear the player is going to be fine.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:12:23 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • 4AM not usually a good time to be out.  In any case i'm just glad to hear the player is going to be fine.

The behind-the-scenes actions, activities, and attitudes is what brought down the team last season.  Doc was supposed to get it straightened out. 

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 08:47:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc can't fix it in one year. He brought this type of player in here and you can't get rid of that many. Now i'm not saying all are like that. But he has brought in a LOT of questionable players. And now it is hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 09:40:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you can put the tooth paste back in the tube then you have defied the laws of entropy. :P

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: NerdHaitian

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Incident appatrently happening early Sunday morning in Huntington, some of the story has been on WSAZ's web site, but not full details of what happened, only where - in the 1900 block of 6th Avenue, and that the player is expected to make a 'full recovery'.

The identity of the player hasn't been revealed. I'd expect more to be revealed soon.

If any information has to come from the Shewey Building, you will be waiting forever and a day.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, wasbarryb

Online herd2win

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 01:04:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't care who it is he should be gone...this is exactly what hurt the team last year...off the field garbage..

riflearm3

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 01:51:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • I don't care who it is he should be gone...this is exactly what hurt the team last year...off the field garbage..

Shotgun decisions like this show a lack of maturity, a lack of leadership, and a lack of control.

That's quite a big decision to make without knowing what's going on. Perhaps he and his girlfriend went to a late night movie, grabbed a bite to eat, and he was being a gentleman and walking her to her door when dropping her off. On his way back to his car, he refused to give his keys to a mugger.

There are way too many unknowns to be blaming the victim at this point.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, horsrman

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 06:15:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shotgun decisions like this show a lack of maturity, a lack of leadership, and a lack of control.

That's quite a big decision to make without knowing what's going on. Perhaps he and his girlfriend went to a late night movie, grabbed a bite to eat, and he was being a gentleman and walking her to her door when dropping her off. On his way back to his car, he refused to give his keys to a mugger.

There are way too many unknowns to be blaming the victim at this point.

If that is what happened I'll donate $100 bucks to your favorite charity.

The following users thanked this post: SouthernHerd, MUinDE, miltonherdfan, NerdHaitian

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 06:57:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm impressed this happened last Sunday at 4 AM and we still don't know who the player was.  Hamrick & Doc keeping the info tight on this one.

Offline NerdHaitian

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 09:20:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There's been a lot of situations where player arrests come out 2-3 months after they happen, for one reason or another.  Sometimes the player gets arrested for something else, and the prior arrest gets noted in the report.  Sometimes a Marshall fan is cruising the WRJ website on a Sunday, sees a player name and posts it on social media. 

My guess is the AD never releases the name of the player.  We're just going to have to look for somebody with a visible scar or limp.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 09:35:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

I was out at 4 am yesterday.  I had a business call to make in Tennessee at 8 am and it's four hour drive.

Shotgun decisions like this show a lack of maturity, a lack of leadership, and a lack of control.

I suspect it was a handgun.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 09:35:30 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 10:13:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did I read it right that the HD said a teammate made the 911 call?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

riflearm3

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 10:33:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • If that is what happened I'll donate $100 bucks to your favorite charity.

The point, which seems to have gone well over your head, is that we don't know what happened. Claiming the guy should be kicked off of the team without any information on the incident is absurdly dumb. It could have been an accident; he could have been buying a dime bag; he could have been in a fist fight; he could have been a victim of a random robbery/shooting. Numerous Marshall players have done some of those things in the past without getting kicked off. Are we going to start kicking off every student-athlete who tests positive for weed, gets a citation for possession, gets in a fight, or is a victim of a violent crime? If so, we will have hundreds of scholarships available.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, horsrman

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 10:42:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The point, which seems to have gone well over your head, is that we don't know what happened. Claiming the guy should be kicked off of the team without any information on the incident is absurdly dumb. It could have been an accident; he could have been buying a dime bag; he could have been in a fist fight; he could have been a victim of a random robbery/shooting. Numerous Marshall players have done some of those things in the past without getting kicked off. Are we going to start kicking off every student-athlete who tests positive for weed, gets a citation for possession, gets in a fight, or is a victim of a violent crime? If so, we will have hundreds of scholarships available.

Also, don't forget the Darius Watts misidentification debacle.  I prefer to let things play out and see what the facts actually show, instead of speculating
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, overherd1

Offline coalherd

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 12:28:29 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did I read it right that the HD said a teammate made the 911 call?

Then again, it could just be that the two Herd teammates were innocently on their way to a sunrise Bible study!! ;D

The following users thanked this post: Herdfan2005, HaveUherd

Offline chris88

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was out at 4 am yesterday.  I had a business call to make in Tennessee at 8 am and it's four hour drive.

I suspect it was a handgun.

I let my dog out at 4am but it's not really apples to apples either...which is why I said "usually not"  8)
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline backontrack

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 02:07:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]6
  • Someone who was merely exercising his/her Constitutionally-guaranteed Second Amendment rights, thanks to the fine folks in the NRA...

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 03:30:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Someone who was merely exercising his/her Constitutionally-guaranteed Second Amendment rights, thanks to the fine folks in the NRA...

hmmm since you went there, what does the NRA have to do with the Second Amendment of the constitution of the United States?

Offline Killer Buffalo

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 04:12:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Those people at the NRA are fine folks. I'm glad someone else noticed.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 04:51:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2

Thanks to the Founding Fathers........liberal leftist idiot.

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 04:54:37 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • Thanks to the Founding Fathers........liberal leftist idiot.

LOL...somebody got triggered.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 04:54:37 PM »

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • Here comes the politics thanks to the left bringing in the NRA.

Doc needs no more diversions.

Offline whf

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 06:48:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just like so many folks these days, never miss a chance to make a statement...

Offline ed swain

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 06:57:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's hope it is not Litton.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 06:57:30 PM »