Author Topic: My Bowl Prediction: FIU 34 - MU 14  (Read 4336 times)

Offline 360

• Varsity
My Bowl Prediction: FIU 34 - MU 14
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm just going to post this directly to the smack board.

We are going to play hard until we get down by 14 (which will happen midway through the 2nd quarter). Then the team is going to give up.

This is going to end up being an Ohio-like road game for us: pumped up FIU team, crowd 10-1 in their favor, little to no emotion from our guys.

They also have a young up and coming head coach and we, well, we have Johnny "Chicken $h!t" Holliday.

Final score: FIU 34-14 (we get 1 TD late).

Our recruiting will take a huge hit from this game.

If we were in any other bowl (and playing a 6-6 team) I'd predict a Herd win. But we are walking into a hornet's nest playing a pumped up FIU team in St. Pete

HerdFans.com

My Bowl Prediction: FIU 34 - MU 14
    « on: December 14, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »

Offline luvherd

Re: My Bowl Prediction: FIU 34 - MU 14
    « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 07:28:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • U give me 20 points, i would bet you $1000 and give 2 to 1 odds.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 10:21:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline LetsDoThis

• Varsity
    • Member Since 09/2011
    « Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:59:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why do you think we lose that badly? At least back it up with something, such as matchups etc.
    GO HERD!

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:38:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why do you think we lose that badly? At least back it up with something, such as matchups etc.

He did back it up. He called Doc "Johnny"... How much more back up do you need? This guy 360 is a real bad a$$ and he says he'll tell "Johnny" to his face. I still think the reason he refuses to call our coach Doc is because Coach Holliday and this guys high school girlfriend played a little game of "dirty doctor" back in the day. He makes it too personal for there not to be any ex-girlfriend banging involved.

Offline kyherd05

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 12:44:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His christian name is John not Doc, so that ends that discussion. 360 is being a smartass in his use of of it though. I am not a believer in Doc nor am I a non believer. Next season is when I will form an opinion of him. I support Coach Holliday until he gives me a solid reason next year to not support him. I don't agree with 360 being a smartass about the situation, however I also don't agree with everyone jumping on him for using John or Johnny, when that is what his mother named him. John is on his birth certificate, not Doc, so if someone wants to call him John I have no problem with it. If someone wants to call him John, that is their right as an American and a Herd fan. Sorry guys I'm a little buzzed tonight if this doesn't make sense, just wanted to throw my 2 cents out there. Sorry for the ramble, basically, I don't agree with 360's seeming hatred of Holliday, nor do I agree with people jumping on 360 for using his birthname of John or Johnny.

Offline cutmeopenibleedgreen

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 01:47:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I still think the reason he refuses to call our coach Doc is because Coach Holliday and this guys high school girlfriend played a little game of "dirty doctor" back in the day. He makes it too personal for there not to be any ex-girlfriend banging involved.

BOH, my man, you never fail to crack my ass up. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Dirty Doctor. I can hear you sayin' that at the tailgate.
    "What day is it, son?" "Game Day." "What day?"  "Game Day!" "Thats Right! Time to play till the whistle blows!"

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He did back it up. He called Doc "Johnny"... How much more back up do you need? This guy 360 is a real bad a$$ and he says he'll tell "Johnny" to his face. I still think the reason he refuses to call our coach Doc is because Coach Holliday and this guys high school girlfriend played a little game of "dirty doctor" back in the day. He makes it too personal for there not to be any ex-girlfriend banging involved.

Extremely mature. Do you attack 360 because he nailed your girlfriend?
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 09:36:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He started calling him John last year. Said that he had to earn his nickname back. Wasn't aware that 360 was the one that gave him his nickname.

Also, extragreen appears to be the official Herdfans white knight when it comes to 360 and GB60.

Offline 360

• Varsity
    « Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I did:

I said they are going to be pumped. We aren't. (see Ohio)
    They will have 12K there. We will have 500. Making this our 8th true road game. (see our away record the last 7 years)
    They have a good young coach. We don't.
    I said we are walking into a hornet's nest. This will feel like a bowl game for them and just an away game for us (due to the crowd, FIU's intensity, etc.)
    I said I also see us giving up (and them keeping the pressure on) which is why the score will be so lopsided. Every loss we've suffered except UCF has been by 20 points or more (we've been blown out 5 times), so I don't see why that score would be so surprising. 

Plus...They have T.Y. - we have a 10 yard cushion.

Let me also clarify this, I could see all of this happening (maybe 45% chance)...I hope we win. But if everything I said happens I wouldn't be surprised. 

Offline exanimate

• Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I did:

They will have 12K there. We will have 500. Making this our 8th true road game. (see our away record the last 7 years)
    I said we are walking into a hornet's nest. This will feel like a bowl game for them and just an away game for us (due to the crowd, FIU's intensity, etc.)
    I said I also see us giving up (and them keeping the pressure on) which is why the score will be so lopsided. Every loss we've suffered except UCF has been by 20 points or more (we've been blown out 5 times), so I don't see why that score would be so surprising. 

Let me also clarify this, I could see all of this happening (maybe 45% chance)...I hope we win. But if everything I said happens I wouldn't be surprised. 

Why do you think the team won't be fired up?

We will have more than 5000. Ticket office has reported 2k tickets sold.

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Also, extragreen appears to be the official Herdfans white knight when it comes to 360 and GB60.

Pivot man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »

Offline 360

• Varsity
    « Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why do you think the team won't be fired up?

We will have more than 5000. Ticket office has reported 2k tickets sold.

I think we will out of the gate (be fired up), but if/once we get down by 14 (if that happends say in the 2nd QTR) it may quickly turn into another ohio-like game.

I heard they are expecting 4K (Herd Fans) so FIU is likely to outnumber us 3-1. Not as bad as it could be, so that is a positive.

We'll see, hey we may win 34-14. But going up against a well coached, fired up, 8-4 team (with a passing attack) at what will basically be their place doesn't make me very optimistic. I know, I know, when am I EVER "optimistic", right?  JMO.

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 02:51:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline exanimate

• Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 03:00:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Previous post was meant to be 500 not 5000, though I do hope that we have 5000 there.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 07:57:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He started calling him John last year. Said that he had to earn his nickname back. Wasn't aware that 360 was the one that gave him his nickname.

Also, extragreen appears to be the official Herdfans white knight when it comes to 360 and GB60.

Got a question for ya big guy. Has marshallguy04 been banned or relegated to the smack board only?

Offline exanimate

• Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 08:14:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really not sure. I had nothing to do with it. I didn't mind him. When he'd go on his tirades I'd just drop him a message and he'd apologize.

Hell, I don't dislike anyone on here. I really enjoy reading GB60's basketball posts. They are great, but the second that he lets his emotions take over, that's where it goes downhill.

360, I don't dislike either. I've agreed with some posts of his.

I just can't stand the constant negativity. It's like it kills you guys to acknowledge anything good that does happen. It's always on the negative side.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 12:03:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really not sure. I had nothing to do with it. I didn't mind him. When he'd go on his tirades I'd just drop him a message and he'd apologize.

Hell, I don't dislike anyone on here. I really enjoy reading GB60's basketball posts. They are great, but the second that he lets his emotions take over, that's where it goes downhill.

360, I don't dislike either. I've agreed with some posts of his.

I just can't stand the constant negativity. It's like it kills you guys to acknowledge anything good that does happen. It's always on the negative side.

So I'm curious. marshallguy04 wished death on people more than once. What has GB done that's worse than wishing death on someone that would get him banned from the main board?

Offline exanimate

• Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So I'm curious. marshallguy04 wished death on people more than once. What has GB done that's worse than wishing death on someone that would get him banned from the main board?

Mainly personal attacks against other members over and over again.

There have been very few people actually banned.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:49:33 AM by exanimate »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 09:04:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mainly personal attacks against other members over and over again.

There have been very few people actually banned.

That's worse than wishing death on someone several times?

Offline LetsDoThis

• Varsity
    • Member Since 09/2011
    « Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 09:19:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I did:

I was more referring to matchups on the field but I do see your point. I think we stack up nicely against them but I only got to see FIU play twice this year so I am in no way the expert on them.
    GO HERD!

Offline exanimate

• Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 09:29:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's worse than wishing death on someone several times?

What are you trying to accomplish? They were both being (@/:; on the  main board so they were relegated down here. If you want to get technical, GB60 has wished death on people as well.

Get over it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 09:29:02 AM »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 10:20:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What are you trying to accomplish? They were both being (@/:; on the  main board so they were relegated down here. If you want to get technical, GB60 has wished death on people as well.

Get over it.

Well I wasn't on the board when the decision was made to ban them from the main board, so I don't know the extent of it. But I can imagine, from how these boards operate, that they were banned from the main board chiefly because their beliefs on how they view the progress or lack of, concerning the football program. While people get banned for being too pessimistic, which is simply a point of view, I have yet to see someone banned for being too optimistic. My point is there is a strong bias in favor of those who drink the koolaid.

Offline exanimate

• Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 11:11:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I wasn't on the board when the decision was made to ban them from the main board, so I don't know the extent of it. But I can imagine, from how these boards operate, that they were banned from the main board chiefly because their beliefs on how they view the progress or lack of, concerning the football program. While people get banned for being too pessimistic, which is simply a point of view, I have yet to see someone banned for being too optimistic. My point is there is a strong bias in favor of those who drink the koolaid.

They weren't sent down here for that. If it was the case, wouldn't 360 be sent down here? Marshallguy04 wasn't negative about the program at all, he was a huge kool-aid drinker.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They weren't sent down here for that. If it was the case, wouldn't 360 be sent down here? Marshallguy04 wasn't negative about the program at all, he was a huge kool-aid drinker.

That's my point. 04 was a koolaid drinker, wished death on people, and isn't banned to the smack board.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »