Author Topic: Any other instant Texas fans tonight  (Read 1253 times)

Offline 81MU

• Rookie
Any other instant Texas fans tonight
« on: November 21, 2005, 06:22:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Prediction : WPU exposed as Bball frauds ....news at 11.
    "The sting of a reproach is the truth of it"

Benjamin Franklin

HerdFans.com

« on: November 21, 2005, 06:22:22 PM »

Offline 81MU

• Rookie
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 09:01:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CHOKE, yeah can you say

PITTSNOGLED
    "The sting of a reproach is the truth of it"

Benjamin Franklin

Online W0lfman

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 09:09:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • PITTSNOGLED...thats a good way to describe it.

BigMountaineerFan

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 09:19:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree that WVU choked (and I'm disappointed by that) but considering MU's blow out loss tonight to VT, I don't think the Herd fans have alot to crow about.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 10:12:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hit your free throws brother!

Offline Bill In Huntington

• Earfan
    • Junior Varsity
    WPU exposed as Bball frauds ....news at 11
    « Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 12:02:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    WPU exposed as Bball frauds ....news at 11

Yea the #2 Team in the Country Blew us out playing in Big 12 country with their refs......We looked awful and didn't look like we belonged on the court with the #2 team in the country didn't we...Make one of those 1-1s and WVU wins...WVU led the majority of the game and was getting hammered most of the game....See last play of the game.....We'll be "o.k." this year.  I'm betting THIS year that WVU beats the Herd by 20 or more...Any takers?

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 12:16:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bill, I have already posted at the herdfans.com that the team should have won. Even the last no call was lousy. The rest of your post is just pure B/S. You even bring dishonour to your own school. Shut da %^&* Up.

P.S. I do not want to ever bring any dishonour to the great Marshall University, or the great State of West Virginia, but if 20 is all you fellows can hang or this Jirsa piece of %^&*, than you fellows are way overrated.

CHF

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 12:55:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "BigMountaineerFan"
    I agree that WVU choked (and I'm disappointed by that) but considering MU's blow out loss tonight to VT, I don't think the Herd fans have alot to crow about.

I know this is a smack forum. I don't give a you know what. The truth is we don't need any mountie fans telling us anything about this piece of crap basketball team of ours. We, as Herdfans.com, like I have said before, call it like it is. We should have defeated this V-------team, but the great Coach Jirsa brought dishonour upon our great University, and the great State of West Virginia once again. If you Mountie fans have any pull at all, and care about your State as much as you say, you will help us dispose of this menance to our great state, before anymore damage can be done.

CHF

BigMountaineerFan

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 03:47:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Carolina,

This menace about which you speak, are you talking about Ron Jirsa or the entire Marshall athletic program?

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 05:01:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now BMF, you know that little piece of crap swipe you took at me, and the great Marshall University was not called for, and totally out of line. You don't find me doing that type of childish %^&* with you guy's any longer. You know the piece of crap I am talking about, and if you do not, then you certainly could not help with our problem. Here I am being a stand up guy even stating your team got a raw deal with the last second no call vs. Texas, and you return this gesture of good will with this post. Now I want everyone to see for themselves who really starts all the %^&*.

CHF

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 05:03:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now BMF, you know that little piece of crap swipe you took at me, and the great Marshall University was not called for, and totally out of line. You don't find me doing that type of childish %^&* with you guy's any longer. You know the piece of crap I am talking about, and if you do not, then you certainly could not help with our problem. Here I am being a stand up guy even stating your team got a raw deal with the last second no call vs. Texas, and you return this gesture of good will with this post. Now I want everyone to see for themselves who really starts all the %^&*. Was it you, the poster, that called my dead mother of 30 years + a crack whore?

CHF

BigMountaineerFan

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 06:23:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What swipe? I just asked a question.  As an outsider, I appears to me that the entire Marshall athletic program needs an overhaul.  I was always skeptical of Marshall's self professed accomplishments and now it appears to me that Marshall's whole program seems to be in decline.

The Marshall football team is losing games on the field (and if you believe the press, attempting to duck good opponents like Tennessee).  While the Marshall basketball team is not only losing, but going out of its way to schedule lesser opponents like Evansville and Appy State.  When is the last time you can remember a team playing even one non-conference team twice in the regular season, let alone twice like Marshall is doing this year with Evansville and Appy State.

Marshall's attendance at games was low when they were winning.  How do you think things will be when Marshall continues to lose?  I'm not taking a swipe at you or Marshall.  I live in West Virginia and I am frustrated when the State government wastes resources funding any failed government program or function.  In order to be self supporting (which Marshall's athletic department is not), Marshall is going to need to get more fans interested in its programs.  For Marshall, that will require winning and, it will require continuing to play "money" games against BCS teams, not buying out of them- like it did with LSU and like it supposedly is doing with UT.  The one game a year that Marshall is going to play against WVU will not be enough to save MU financially.

When they are not playing WVU, I like it when Marshall wins.  The only complaint I have is about Marshall fans who constantly compare Marshall and WVU or who constantly try to put WVU down.  WVU and Marshall's programs are not on the same level and they probably never will be.  West Virginia is too small of a state to support to two major programs and unfortunately for Marshall, WVU is the leading program.  It is the university that bears the name of the state and it is the flagship.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 06:23:10 PM »

Offline carolinaherdfan

Marshall University
    « Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 09:52:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is my last post on this, and I mean no disrespect to anyone. BMF, and all alike. Your last post reads almost exactly like one of days gone by. Written by the late Paul Bear Bryant when discussing Auburn. It doesn't seem like it, but this answer never works over time. Never, anyplace in America, except West Virginia, maybe?  :lol:

As far as academics, and our states needs. No we don't need any more stinkin' educations either. No more Phd's, MD's, Thd's, LLd's, etc, and we certainly don't need any more BA's, BBA', AB's, or BS. Sorry for wasting the space, and the time, and God forgive me for thinking. :???:

Carolinaherdfan

BigMountaineerFan

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 10:37:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did I say that I do not value education?  I have a professional degree myself and own my own practice.  My wife is educated as well.  She has degrees from WVU and MARSHALL.  I think education is key and support educational programs offered by WVU and Marshall.  I am not even opposed to Marshall's athletic program.  I just think that in a state the size of West Virginia, with the resources available, it will not be possible for Marshall's athletic program to reach the level that MU fans seem to expect.  MU simply does not have the fan base and financial backing and the state cannot afford to subsidize its athletics to the extent that will be necessary.

Prove me wrong.  Increase Marshall's financial contributions, increase the number of fans that attend football and basketball games, start winning games against good teams on the court and on the field.  I'll be the first WVU fan to congratulate Marshall.

WVU's President Hardesty has put a great deal of emphasis on improving the quality of students and educational programs offered at WVU.  Perhaps MU should focus its limited resources in doing the same, instead of attempting to emulate WVU's athletic program.

I know this is a smack board and the average poster would rather see posts that one school or the other sucks with no explanation.  Sorry to disappoint.

Online hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 03:28:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we as West Virginians would have used this logic we would done away with your football program after the 2001 season ( 3-8 wins against Ohio University, Kent State , & Rutgers) and that 2002 powerhouse basketball team that even Old Gale had to bail out on. It just amazes me how insecure you people are. You really make it hard for somebody to root for your teams. I grew a avid M.U. fan and understood that we could not compete with the bigger Universities, but as I grew older and bigger so has our special school, and I mean special. I am very passionate about my school because I can remember 1970. The plane crash happened  less than 1 mile from my home and many of my family members helped in the clean up and recovery process and still have night mares to this day. It takes more than one bad season to keep us down. I love my school and will alway support it and I love this beautiful State we live in. Please start acting with a little more class so I can start rooting for you guys again when we are playing each other. We are on the move up, we are just having a few growing pains.

Greg Adkins

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 03:28:24 AM »