Author Topic: Litton CFL  (Read 1275 times)

Offline clovenhoof

Litton CFL
« on: May 03, 2022, 08:16:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mu79grad, elginherd

HerdFans.com

Litton CFL
    « on: May 03, 2022, 08:16:37 PM »

Online elginherd

Re: Litton CFL
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 09:11:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I watch a fair amount of CFL during their early season. I really don't think that his skill set fits that game that well.
    Maybe he'll stick on their roster, but I doubt it.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 09:34:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I watch a fair amount of CFL during their early season. I really don't think that his skill set fits that game that well.
    Maybe he'll stick on their roster, but I doubt it.
    Thought the same thing. I don't think he's mobile enough for the CFL style of play. He's also backing up the highest paid player in the league.

Howdy Herd!!

"Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline MUther

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 10:36:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Watched that movie about Kurt Warner and his start in arena ball.  Good movie.  But he had to adapt his stay in the pocket style to survive arena ball.  Then put up numbers that made the NFL come calling again.  Chase could find that type of situation.  He wasn't mature enough the first go 'round, as evidenced by his play here.  Had the body but not the maturity for the mental game.  I think CFL could teach him that and get him another look while he's still young.  Up to him.  No one's gonna give it to him.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline goherd24

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 07:48:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Litton did well in the preseason, etc in the NFL. He has the tools. Like to see him make it.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, 2xBison, coalherd

Offline beau42m

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 12:22:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I did some checking on this. Litton signed with Winnipeg May 1st. I found out last night that on May 15th, for some reason Winnipeg put him on the suspended list. From my research of CFL rules, that means a player fails to report to camp or leaves camp without permission. I think this may be what    also happened last spring to Litton in Ottawa. I checked on Litton?s Facebook page. He has a recent post soliciting his help to D-1 quarterback prospects in the Tampa area.

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 11:05:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The kid had it physically but not mentally. That?s why he didn?t go further. And not really sure if he had the work ethic to do it.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 02:55:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Understanding it is not a top league, Cato is lighting it up for Orlando.

Offline MUther

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 08:14:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Understanding it is not a top league, Cato is lighting it up for Orlando.
    I would probably still be watching on Sundays if he'd made the league.  As it is, the Raiders just picked up Kaeperdicks, so the last remaining give-a-crap for the NFL has finally been severed for me.  It can burn.  They should have sent that POS to the USFL, but he probably wasn't good enough.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, svherd

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 07:23:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would probably still be watching on Sundays if he'd made the league.  As it is, the Raiders just picked up Kaeperweenies, so the last remaining give-a-crap for the NFL has finally been severed for me.  It can burn.  They should have sent that POS to the USFL, but he probably wasn't good enough.

I instantly like the Raiders now.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 07:32:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I instantly like the Raiders now.

Because of a guy that disrespects the flag and America?

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 08:19:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Because of a guy that disrespects the flag and America?

no kidding.  kind of explains some of his rhetoric around here and on the Tavern.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 08:19:20 AM »

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2022, 11:31:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Because of a guy that disrespects the flag and America?

I'm a veteran and love my country. It was a peaceful protest.  It's really weird that some are so concerned about the flag. It's a symbol.  The people that are bothered by this are snowflakes.  There are much more serious things to cry about. 

The following users thanked this post: Herdalum83

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2022, 11:58:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm a veteran and love my country. It was a peaceful protest.  It's really weird that some are so concerned about the flag. It's a symbol.  The people that are bothered by this are snowflakes.  There are much more serious things to cry about.

Yes it?s a symbol of respect for our country and those that fought and died for it. Thank you for your service and I?m sorry you don?t honor that flag with everything you have. Protest is one thing. Doing it DURING the NA and while we are saluting the flag is pathetic in my opinion.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2022, 12:39:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes it?s a symbol of respect for our country and those that fought and died for it. Thank you for your service and I?m sorry you don?t honor that flag with everything you have. Protest is one thing. Doing it DURING the NA and while we are saluting the flag is pathetic in my opinion.

bust, take your political and misplaced opinion to the appropriate board.  be as loud as you want where appropriate. 

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2022, 12:46:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • bust, take your political and misplaced opinion to the appropriate board.  be as loud as you want where appropriate.

Misplaced opinion huh?

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2022, 01:57:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Misplaced opinion huh?

Yeah, I'd say it's misplaced once you start telling a person that literally served this country in the military "that he doesn't honor the flag with everything he has" because you have a difference of opinion than him on a football player's protest. A person who could have DIED for that flag, and you don't think he honors it? Because he respects a person's first amendment right?

Now granted, you are allowed to think the way Kapernick used his right was wrong, stupid, disrespectful or whatever you want to think and feel about Kapernick however you want to feel, that is YOUR first amendment right. But, do you have to go out of your way to disrespect a veteran in the process to do it? Doesn't that make your whole point mute about Kapernick? I mean you're mad because you feel it is disrespectful to the country and those that serve it. But, then disrespected someone who served the country because they didn't share your same opinion? I'd call that pretty misplaced.

The following users thanked this post: Herd 90

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2022, 02:03:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, I'd say it's misplaced once you start telling a person that literally served this country in the military "that he doesn't honor the flag with everything he has" because you have a difference of opinion than him on a football player's protest. A person who could have DIED for that flag, and you don't think he honors it? Because he respects a person's first amendment right?

Now granted, you are allowed to think the way Kapernick used his right was wrong, stupid, disrespectful or whatever you want to think and feel about Kapernick however you want to feel, that is YOUR first amendment right. But, do you have to go out of your way to disrespect a veteran in the process to do it? Doesn't that make your whole point mute about Kapernick? I mean you're mad because you feel it is disrespectful to the country and those that serve it. But, then disrespected someone who served the country because they didn't share your same opinion? I'd call that pretty misplaced.

I don?t respect anyone that believes it?s ok to disrespect the flag. And let me make it very clear. NOBODY!!!

Offline beau42m

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2022, 02:33:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2022, 06:18:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don?t respect anyone that believes it?s ok to disrespect the flag. And let me make it very clear. NOBODY!!!

And let me make it CLEAR to you.. I have much MORE respect for a person that actually fought for this country, even if I don't agree with them, than I do for someone who has to try and belittle and disrespect people he has a difference of opinion with.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2022, 09:12:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And let me make it CLEAR to you.. I have much MORE respect for a person that actually fought for this country, even if I don't agree with them, than I do for someone who has to try and belittle and disrespect people he has a difference of opinion with.

Good. Your opinion. I have zero respect for anyone that doesn?t respect the flag or our country ZERO!!! And I?m entitled to that opinion and I don?t care one bit to say it.

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2022, 09:46:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good. Your opinion. I have zero respect for anyone that doesn?t respect the flag or our country ZERO!!! And I?m entitled to that opinion and I don?t care one bit to say it.

Entitled is a good word.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2022, 09:46:59 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2022, 09:53:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Entitled is a good word.

Your opinion but it doesn?t mean much to me.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2022, 09:53:39 PM »