Author Topic: Big City  (Read 603 times)

Offline herd1990

Big City
« on: October 09, 2021, 07:59:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]4
  • Are you really this Petty?  A thread about supporting the team through thick and thin gets removed because YOU don?t agree with it.  Your over-moderation speaks volumes about you.  Never had an issue expressing a view on this board, popular or not.  Must have struck a nerve today.  Don?t let it ruin your day.

HerdFans.com

Big City
    « on: October 09, 2021, 07:59:23 PM »

Offline k00laid

Re: Big City
    « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 08:03:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • So look man, he?s a mod here and you aren?t whether you like it or not. While you can continue to create new topics to call him out for what you don?t like I?ll point you to the rules and inform you that no matter what, this isn?t a battle you are going to win. Might be time to give up this one and move on to the next topic.

If I?m being honest I agree with him and think his point on your post is completely valid but that?s not why I?m posting here, just trying to maybe help you with a different way of thinking on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Let's Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline herd1990

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 08:05:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So look man, he?s a mod here and you aren?t whether you like it or not. While you can continue to create new topics to call him out for what you don?t like I?ll point you to the rules and inform you that no matter what, this isn?t a battle you are going to win. Might be time to give up this one and move on to the next topic.

If I?m being honest I agree with him and think his point on your post is completely valid but that?s not why I?m posting here, just trying to maybe help you with a different way of thinking on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have a hard time defending folks who don?t show up, but bi*** about the program.  My main point was we should support the team through good and bad.  Apparently that was crossing the line.  Didn?t realize the moderators were so sensitive.  Such a 2021 move though?.canceling threads! 😂
    « Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 08:08:24 PM by herd1990 »

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • The MODS do a great job and I appreciate the way they keep the flow of the forum and I suspect most here would agree. You've been around a long time, so I know you know none of us are heavy handed when it comes to moderation. However, In saying that I also expect them to be respected whether you agree with they way they moderate or not. If I had to guess you have more in common than whatever disagreement you find yourself in at the moment. Work it out it's not the end of the world. 

The following users thanked this post: Big City, biggreenarms, muherd34, Toro Toro Taxi

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 08:32:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Recommend sending a PM to mods if you have an issue in the future. Way more professional. Kind of like going to speak with your boss in private in their office as opposed to calling them out in the morning meeting in front of everyone sort of thing.

I didn't go today and don't care if anyone likes it or not. I don't owe Marshall anything. If they want big time fan support then they need to put a big time product on the field. I have four kids. Today we had youth league sports and then a birthday party, followed by another practice after that.

Could we have skipped the birthday party to go to the game? Sure. Would I have personally skipped the birthday party to go to the game if we were undefeated? You bet. Was it worth skipping that family function to spend the money to watch the product we have been putting on the field? Nope.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline herd1990

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 08:47:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Recommend sending a PM to mods if you have an issue in the future. Way more professional. Kind of like going to speak with your boss in private in their office as opposed to calling them out in the morning meeting in front of everyone sort of thing.

I didn't go today and don't care if anyone likes it or not. I don't owe Marshall anything. If they want big time fan support then they need to put a big time product on the field. I have four kids. Today we had youth league sports and then a birthday party, followed by another practice after that.

Could we have skipped the birthday party to go to the game? Sure. Would I have personally skipped the birthday party to go to the game if we were undefeated? You bet. Was it worth skipping that family function to spend the money to watch the product we have been putting on the field? Nope.

Thanks but I?m all good on the advice.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 08:58:40 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks but I?m all good on the advice.

So am I....I don't need your advice on how I can be a "better fan."

The following users thanked this post: Big City, biggreenarms

Offline herd1990

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 09:03:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So am I....I don't need your advice on how I can be a "better fan."

If the shoe fits??you?re exactly who I?m talking about.  Bit** up a blue streak all week on here and then have other plans on Saturday. 

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 09:08:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • If the shoe fits??you?re exactly who I?m talking about.  Bit** up a blue streak all week on here and then have other plans on Saturday.

LMAO....go lay down somewhere.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, biggreenarms

Offline herd1990

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 09:20:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• LMAO....go lay down somewhere.

You?d like that wouldn?t you?

Offline herd1990

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2021, 10:09:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The MODS do a great job and I appreciate the way they keep the flow of the forum and I suspect most here would agree. You've been around a long time, so I know you know none of us are heavy handed when it comes to moderation. However, In saying that I also expect them to be respected whether you agree with they way they moderate or not. If I had to guess you have more in common than whatever disagreement you find yourself in at the moment. Work it out it's not the end of the world.

Wolf,  you?ve always been a voice of reason.  Read my original post.  If I?m out of line, I?ll apologize, no question.  I feel like Big City was waaaaaay too sensitive.

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 11:24:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't go today and don't care if anyone likes it or not. I don't owe Marshall anything. If they want big time fan support then they need to put a big time product on the field. I have four kids. Today we had youth league sports and then a birthday party, followed by another practice after that.

i don't blame ya.  to be honest, the only reason i went today was b/c i've got season tix.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 11:24:50 PM »

Offline muherd34

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2021, 01:29:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Simple fact if the matter is, for someone like(many others) me who lives around 2 1/2 hrs out of town is we better put a good product on the field for people to show up.  It's a lot of money to buy season tickets, parking pass, donation, hotel rooms and food/drinks for the whole weekend for a family.   I love Marshall and have an emotional and family attachment to the Herd.  I love coming back to htown and spending money in the community.  I was so dejected/bored yesterday that my wife and daughter literally blocked me in my seats to not leave the game in the 3rd quarter.  That was literally the worst D-1 football game I have ever watched in person in my life.  Not just the herd but by odu also.  Dumb Penalties, drops, no heart and just poor athletes on both ends. 

I'm not blaming Huff for any of it except the Penalties.  I think he can control that.  Talent and mental acuity needs upgraded big time and until we do so we will be a average/bad football team.  But it is depressing to see how many people don't even step foot in the stadium and stay in the tailgating areas.  I understand why they do it though, it's because we are 0 fun to watch.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2021, 01:29:17 PM »