Author Topic: 20 minutes before kickoff  (Read 653 times)

Offline herd1990

20 minutes before kickoff
« on: October 09, 2021, 01:53:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yikes.  Folks must have had other plans today.

HerdFans.com

20 minutes before kickoff
    « on: October 09, 2021, 01:53:48 PM »

Online GreenDaddy

Re: 20 minutes before kickoff
    « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 02:00:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact is that Marshall is going to have to win at a high level consistently over a couple years to get the big crowds back. It can be done, but I doubt it will be this season after our meltdowns. And really that is not just a Marshall thing, that is true for any team across the country.

I like Huff, but he needs to start winning before he can complain about lack of fan support. One typically follows the other in any sport I have ever watched.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 06:30:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • there aren't very many fanbases that would show up in droves to watch their team that has lost 3 in a row to east carolina, appalachian state, & middle tennessee.  b/c there aren't any programs that bring in 25k+ at home that would lose to those 3 schools.

people wanna see a winner.

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline herd1990

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 06:38:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Kind of sad folks only show up when we are winning.   The definition of Fair Weather Fans.  So many excuses for this fan base.  The majority of us wanted change, promised support, and begged for new leadership.  Granted, it had been hard to watch lately.  I was pretty down on us for the majority of the game.  Lots of growing pains but the fact 25k don?t show up consistently is disappointing none the less.  I?ve heard the bitc**** about prices, opponents, Covid.  Nothing but excuses.  We only get 6 or 7 chances to show up all year for these guys and many fans abandon ship.  Weak.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 07:07:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact is that Marshall is going to have to win at a high level consistently over a couple years to get the big crowds back. It can be done, but I doubt it will be this season after our meltdowns. And really that is not just a Marshall thing, that is true for any team across the country.

I like Huff, but he needs to start winning before he can complain about lack of fan support. One typically follows the other in any sport I have ever watched.

So true. It?s just being realistic.

Offline billybob

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 07:14:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • like it or not football is entertainment. No one wants to pay to watch a movie they know is bad. People want to be part of a winner and the excitement that comes with it. I don't blame people for not going. Times are tight and you have to really warrant people spending their hard earned money to see you play. Right now this team doesn't. They are sloppy and undisciplined. I have faith that Huff will get it sorted out. And when he does the people will follow.

Online luvherd

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 07:22:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What was attendance?
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 07:31:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • like it or not football is entertainment. No one wants to pay to watch a movie they know is bad. People want to be part of a winner and the excitement that comes with it. I don't blame people for not going. Times are tight and you have to really warrant people spending their hard earned money to see you play. Right now this team doesn't. They are sloppy and undisciplined. I have faith that Huff will get it sorted out. And when he does the people will follow.

exactly.  some just think this area's full of families of 4 that have nothing better to do with $150 than spend it on a struggling team.  i don't speak for everyone, but when i drop $150 on entertainment & i walk away disgusted & mad, that ticks me off!  & when it starts happening more often than not, that's a problem.

yes, i was at the game today.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Big City

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 07:41:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kind of sad folks only show up when we are winning.   The definition of Fair Weather Fans.  So many excuses for this fan base.  The majority of us wanted change, promised support, and begged for new leadership.  Granted, it had been hard to watch lately.  I was pretty down on us for the majority of the game.  Lots of growing pains but the fact 25k don?t show up consistently is disappointing none the less.  I?ve heard the bitc**** about prices, opponents, Covid.  Nothing but excuses.  We only get 6 or 7 chances to show up all year for these guys and many fans abandon ship.  Weak.

You?ve got to stop with the fan shaming.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline herd1990

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 07:46:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • You?ve got to stop with the fan shaming.

You call it fan shaming.  I call it fan responsibility.  See how perspectives change mindsets?

Offline MUther

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2021, 01:40:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You call it fan shaming.  I call it fan responsibility.  See how perspectives change mindsets?

You're confusing fans with spectators.  Fans are still there.  Spectators need a reason to be there.  There are just less fans than there used to be.  There are way less spectators than there used to be.  Spectators have no responsibility.  And we aren't doing much to turn them into fans.  That's the real problem.  I don't care if I go to games or not anymore.  Do you know what had to happen to our program to change that in me?  I used to go to every home and away game.  Every single one.  I'm not a fan anymore.  I'm an occasional spectator.  I don't even watch on TV anymore, live.  I record the game, find out if we won, and watch it if we did and delete it if we didn't.  They aren't even worth my time to watch in the comfort of my own home, anymore.  I've got better things to do.  Having more fans at the game watching bad football doesn't make the team get better.  I would say the opposite.  Tired of playing to empty stands then start winning some damn games, especially the ones that matter.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

HerdFans.com

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2021, 01:40:00 PM »