Author Topic: Message deleted  (Read 356 times)

Offline Always THE HERD

Message deleted
« on: January 16, 2018, 05:38:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Should a "poster" be informed "if" their thread/topic has been deleted from HerdFans?

HerdFans.com

Message deleted
    « on: January 16, 2018, 05:38:24 PM »

Offline _sturt_

Re: Message deleted
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 07:23:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • "Should" as a matter of just being respectful and ethical, or "should" as a matter of what the board's rules state about discipline... or, "should" as a matter of whether the magic button people are familiar with and motivated to follow the rules (e.g., hence the term "so-called rules")

(Because I think there are different answers to the question you posed, Always, depending on how you answer that.)

For the record, if you hadn't looked...

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Deleting posts are rare, but if one is deleted I’d prefer to have the MODS inform the member when it’s done.  Now in saying that… we mess up, we have limited time, we have jobs, we have families, so I don’t harp on them if it isn’t done.  They aren’t my employees, they volunteer to help and I am grateful and appreciative they do.  It's a great group and I want to keep them together.

So, give us a break once in a while if the member doesn’t receive a PM from me or any one of the MODS when a post may have been deleted.  It’s not meant to be mean or unfair. 

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:27:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Solid respectful reply, W0lf.

I think the Stampede Board thing was one of your best brainstorms. It's under-utilized by mods as an option, imo.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman

HerdFans.com

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:27:36 PM »