Author Topic: "I love coaching here." --- Snyder  (Read 1925 times)

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
"I love coaching here." --- Snyder
« on: November 11, 2007, 11:40:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OH Herd CR mentioned this quote in another thread. I am interested in opinions of what was meant by this comment. I thought it was a desparate comment and it just seemed odd and out of context.  At least I know I am not the only one who had a similar reaction to what Snyder said.

HerdFans.com

"I love coaching here." --- Snyder
    « on: November 11, 2007, 11:40:53 PM »

Online TomorrowHERD

Re: "I love coaching here." --- Snyder
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 11:52:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think he means he loves coaching at Marshall. 
    His hometown school and alma mater. 
     ::)
     Geeeeeeeeeeeze  Louise

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

Offline MUAlum2004

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:56:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree.  He knows he is on the hot seat.  That's why he used this quote as well as asking for the "12th man" to show up.

Offline HerdChemist89

• All American
    « Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:19:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Nah. You guys wanna pick apart everything Mark Snyder says.

I think he meant that he loved coaching at Marshall. I think it was a sincere comment made at the end of an important win.

Snyder looked composed and happy on the sidelines Saturday night.

Good for him. He's earned it.

GO HERD
    "For years we realized we needed an indoor practice facility," Pastilong said. "Former Gov. Caperton was sympathetic to our needs and enabled us with the financial assistance to carry out this project."
    "We're going to monitor that car more closely," said Pastilong, who previous said the football staff had used the car for errands. "It's going to have a checkout sheet with an odometer reading and the purpose for using it."

Offline Marshall Faithful

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 07:51:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Nah. You guys wanna pick apart everything Mark Snyder says.

I think he meant that he loved coaching at Marshall. I think it was a sincere comment made at the end of an important win.

Snyder looked composed and happy on the sidelines Saturday night.

Good for him. He's earned it.

I agree.  Taken in context, Coach was commenting on the fan support the Marshall Faithful have shown.  Go Herd!

GO HERD

Offline goherd17

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 08:25:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard the comment and what he said was this is a great place to coach.  Man you guys cant let anyone enjoy anything.

Offline tradebait

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 08:48:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OH Herd CR mentioned this quote in another thread. I am interested in opinions of what was meant by this comment. I thought it was a desparate comment and it just seemed odd and out of context.  At least I know I am not the only one who had a similar reaction to what Snyder said.

Desperate?  It sounded like a guy who just had a convincing win.
    Superior skill and knowledge win over fear and superstition each and every time.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 10:30:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope it is the first of many signiture wins...it is the first game that we have won that we probalby shouldn't have since Mark has been here...and, you know, it could be argured that Bobby Pruett, who I think a lot of, had relatively few of those.  Beating Akron is like beating New Hampshire (wow I feel worse after writing that sentence).  Best performance by a herd team I have seen in many years...I'd probably go all the way back to KState I.

You go, Mark, you go Herd.  Let's finish strong.  Houston may be back on their heels and UAB  is beatable.

I love next year's team, but don't care much for next year's schedule:  On the road: Southern Miss, ECU, Wisconsin, WVU...at home Cincy, Houston, Tulsa, UCF...there are a lot of tough games there if your name isn't LSU.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:28:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder is under pressure...what do you expect! 

I think he is responding how any of us would if we were 2-8 and trying out our first head coaching job that we totally loved at a school near our home town and where we played and graduated from.

Snyder is trying his best to win and he loves Marshall.  He is a nice guy, no question.  Is he a good coach, not sure.  We will see eventually.

Offline Herd4Ever

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 12:36:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was talking about how great the fans were to come out in force even with such a poor record. He was talking about fan support, the kids' effort, the fact that he went to MU, etc. I hope he can sincerely say that because as long as he is coach, he should get all the support he can be given. If the decision is made he should not be coach, then we will support the next coach. But, I for one am hoping he can succeed because he is a Son of Marshall.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 01:10:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think I would read into it. I think he got a great win and felt relieved to get that off his back by beating a team they were not supposed to beat. I think he truly loves this school and it felt great to get a good win so it just came out as he loves coaching at Marshall. I hope it all works out for him. I really do. I like Snyder and I hope this is the beginning of a great career at Marshall.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 01:18:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I took it as a compliment to the fan base for being so supportive even through this very down time. Nothing more, other than the fact I think he does enjoy coaching here.

He will never find a more forgiving group than WVians, particular those here and from Marshall.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 01:18:28 PM »

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 01:33:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Okay, so the pessimist in me got the best of me when listening to the call in show.  Forgive me please.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 01:43:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Winning a game we are not supposed to win???
    I always thought we were supposed to win every game until proven different.
    Anyway, it was a good win and the win over Rice was just as good. Never have I watched a bad win or a game we weren't supposed to win.
    I hope Snyder & co. have a lot of wins that are "supposed or not"

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 01:48:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Winning a game we are not supposed to win???
    I always thought we were supposed to win every game until proven different.
    Anyway, it was a good win and the win over Rice was just as good. Never have I watched a bad win or a game we weren't supposed to win.
    I hope Snyder & co. have a lot of wins that are "supposed or not"
    I assume all that was being referred to is we were the underdog ... ECU was favored by around 7 pts. going in ...

The odds makers ... The so called "experts" said that we weren't supposed to win.

Offline goherd73

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 01:50:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•   Herd4Ever was right. I heard his comment right after the win. It was in reference to the size of the crowd and the noise of the crowd.

Some people are so opposed to Snyder that they try to make a sow's ear out of a silk purse!

Be man (or woman) enough to congratulate him and the Herd on the win.

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrads to Coach Snyder....that being said, let's see how he has them prepared for Houston.  It was great to see him getting on some of these player's a$$es for stupid penalties.  He grilled B. Leggett one time.  Good for him, that is what a coach is supposed to do.
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 02:58:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrads to Coach Snyder....that being said, let's see how he has them prepared for Houston.  It was great to see him getting on some of these player's a$$es for stupid penalties.  He grilled B. Leggett one time.  Good for him, that is what a coach is supposed to do.

I agree with that!

Offline herdgameplan

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 03:53:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Watched the replay of the Game on CSTV and the comments were very positive with regards to Marshall and the fan support.

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 05:23:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Okay, so the pessimist in me got the best of me when listening to the call in show.  Forgive me please.

You asked a good question.  Don't let the answers get you down.  I wondered about it too.

Go Herd!  BEAT HOUSTON
    Well done is better than well said.  - Ben Franklin

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  Herd4Ever was right. I heard his comment right after the win. It was in reference to the size of the crowd and the noise of the crowd.

Some people are so opposed to Snyder that they try to make a sow's ear out of a silk purse!

Be man (or woman) enough to congratulate him and the Herd on the win.

That is the way I took it as well.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 08:02:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm woman enough to congratulate him on the win and in person.   ;)  I'll be there Thursday night at his show just like always.

Why do you take sg's question as negative?  I don't get that.  What's wrong with asking a question of your opinion? 

I mean....."I love coaching here" doesn't exactly go with all the criticism and head chopping and firing stuff.  Do you get that is why we'd say, "why did he say that?" 

Gesh!

Go Herd!  BEAT HOUSTON
    Well done is better than well said.  - Ben Franklin

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 08:02:41 PM »