Author Topic: Skip Holtz giving HERD D some praise  (Read 330 times)

Offline NC Thunder

Skip Holtz giving HERD D some praise
« on: November 11, 2007, 10:04:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From an article out of the Greenville paper

"We did not play a good game on offense (259 total yards), we couldn't make first downs, and I think a lot of that is attributed to their defense," said Holtz of the Pirates, who got a grand total of 151 pass yards against the Thundering Herd. "They owned the line of scrimmage."

I think ECU also hurt themselves with some dropped passes and a few drive
    killing penalties.

HerdFans.com

Skip Holtz giving HERD D some praise
    « on: November 11, 2007, 10:04:54 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

Re: Skip Holtz giving HERD D some praise
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 12:02:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    "We're going to be accountable for the way we played," said third-year ECU coach Skip Holtz, whose Pirates will carry the loss into their bye week before finishing the regular season at home against Tulane Nov. 24. "We want to be accountable when we win and hold our head up high, and we want to do the same thing when we lose. I think this is a group-effort loss."

"There is a lot of pain in that locker room, a lot of hurt," said Holtz of the Pirates, who were riding a five-game winning streak in the conference and last lost on Oct. 20 in a nonconference game against N.C. State. "I give Marshall an awful lot of credit. I think the opening drive (a 16-play Marshall scoring drive) probably is an example of a lot of what happened in this game."

http://www.reflector.com/sports/content/sports/ecu/stories/2007/11/11/ecumarshallgamer.html

HerdFans.com

Re: Skip Holtz giving HERD D some praise
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 12:02:07 PM »