Author Topic: Herd Insider: Marshall Dominates East Carolina, 26-7  (Read 202 times)

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
  • Member Since 02/2009
Herd Insider: Marshall Dominates East Carolina, 26-7
« on: November 11, 2007, 09:03:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    By Woody Woodrum
    Sr. Editor, Herd Insider magazine
    Posted Nov 10, 2007

For the first time in Mark Snyder's tenure as head coach at MU, the Herd took the ball when they won the coin flip to start the game. Then, the Herd took it to East Carolina all night and pulled the upset at home, 26-7, in front of 26,718 loud, and tonight very proud, Marshall fans. ECU could have clinched the East, but the Herd stopped that celebration for at least two weeks for the Pirates.

Marshall dominated the East Carolina team tonight, holding the Pirates to just 14 first downs, 108 yards rushing, 259 yards of total offense and only one score. "I love coaching here (at Marshall)," said Snyder after the game. "Our kids feed off this crowd, and I believe our crowd feeds off us. When we are playing well, it's a really special feeling."

C.J. Spillman sent East Carolina QB Patrick Pinkney into the air on this play in the second half of Marshall's 26-7 win over the Pirates on Saturday in Huntington. photo by Greg Perry/HI staff

The crowd rose again and again as Marshall made great plays on offense, like Bernard Morris' 75-yard touchdown run (to give MU a 16-0 lead in the third quarter) or Mario Harvey's sack on a late fourth down stop of the Pirates. Marshall held the defending Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week, ECU running back Chris Johnson, to Maurice Kitchens (five tackles, 1.5 sacks) just 72 yards rushing and 143 all-purpose yards a week after he rushed for over 300 yards and had 400 all-purpose yards against Memphis.

Link: http://marshall.scout.com/2/700345.html
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

Herd Insider: Marshall Dominates East Carolina, 26-7
    « on: November 11, 2007, 09:03:34 AM »

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    Re: Herd Insider: Marshall Dominates East Carolina, 26-7
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 02:12:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herdmeister said on the post game show that Woody messed up a bunch of sponsor's names.  Then Woody said, "Oh, I guess I'm just excited" or something along those lines.

;D

I don't like it when Woody is grumpy.  The whole Herd world is better when Woody is excited and happy.  JMO

Go Herd!

BEAT HOUSTON
    Well done is better than well said.  - Ben Franklin

Offline McGuyver

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:16:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Winning solves everything!
    Congratulations team!
    Go Herd!
    "It's tough for people to understand...but we play with twelve men."
    "And our twelfth man is those 75 people....something has given us the edge.
    You can't buy it or create it any other way."

-Nate Ruffin

HerdFans.com

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:16:10 PM »