Author Topic: Gazette: Herd swashbuckles Pirates  (Read 181 times)

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
  • Member Since 02/2009
Gazette: Herd swashbuckles Pirates
« on: November 11, 2007, 08:58:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Morris has hand in 3 TDs

By Doug Smock
    Staff writer

HUNTINGTON — It was a Black Saturday for teams with Conference USA title aspirations, and Marshall was more than happy to contribute.

Houston was one game from winning the West Division title, but got smacked 56-7 at Tulsa. And before God and the 26,718 fans assembled at Joan C. Edwards Stadium, the Thundering Herd derailed East Carolina’s dreams of winning the East with a 26-7 upset.

In the 10th game of Marshall’s most difficult campaign in a quarter-century, and a week after getting humbled 47-13 at Central Florida, the Herd started strongly (for once) and never really took a solid shot from the Pirates. It not only was Marshall’s best game of the year, it was possibly the Herd’s best game as a member of Conference USA.

“I was pretty hard on these guys this week at practice,” Herd coach Mark Snyder said. “Really hard on them. I wanted to gauge exactly where this program was and how much work we had to do.

“We went about as low as we could go, and I took them even lower this week. And I told them before the game, character is what you do when you think nobody’s looking, and how do you respond to severe adversity? And I think our kids just showed everybody where they’re at.”

Link: http://wvgazette.com/section/Sports/Marshall/2007111042
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

Gazette: Herd swashbuckles Pirates
    « on: November 11, 2007, 08:58:55 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

Re: Gazette: Herd swashbuckles Pirates
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:29:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    “I was pretty hard on these guys this week at practice,” Herd coach Mark Snyder said. “Really hard on them. I wanted to gauge exactly where this program was and how much work we had to do.

Keep laying the lumber to 'em Coach from now on. These guys want to be coached and have responded. Keep up the intensity.

HerdFans.com

Re: Gazette: Herd swashbuckles Pirates
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:29:07 AM »