Author Topic: Only one comment  (Read 1062 times)

Offline pdunn

Only one comment
« on: November 11, 2007, 02:10:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For today, at least, I think they got that fixed.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

HerdFans.com

Only one comment
    « on: November 11, 2007, 02:10:49 AM »

Offline TDHerd!

Re: Only one comment
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 03:35:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • haha, i agree!!

Offline marshallisqbu

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 07:38:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ECU wants to clinch the East?  We need to get that fixed!

Offline oldherdman

• Rookie
    « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The reason we won is that Kueck did not call the game.  The offensive GA called the game just as he did during the Rice game.  Kopp is making all the decisions concerning coaching duties and he has lost faith in Kueck.
    Kopp may have had input in what was called but the GA called the game.
    I did not even see Kueck in the press box.  He was in the field house after the game. Also when coaches are fired in two weeks, Kopp will be hiring their replacements, not Snyder. 

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 09:40:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not believe that Kopp is that involved with the details of Marshall football. I have no doubt donors have expressed dissatisfaction, but to be that much of a micromanager, sorry I just am not buying it.  Marshall won because the players executed.  Honestly, the play calling didn't seem that different than any other game.  The players executed.  It makes a difference.

The team played a really good football game. 

Offline jstherd

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Neither do I believe Kopp is that involved.

Offline MU Mike

• All American
    • Member Since 07/2010
    « Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The reason we won is that Kueck did not call the game.  The offensive GA called the game just as he did during the Rice game.  Kopp is making all the decisions concerning coaching duties and he has lost faith in Kueck.
    I did not even see Kueck in the press box.  He was in the field house after the game. Also when coaches are fired in two weeks, Kopp will be hiring their replacements, not Snyder. 

Stupid post.  I saw Keuck as he was headed upstairs before the game.

Offline Pinkerton99

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 12:07:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall won because the players executed.  Honestly, the play calling didn't seem that different than any other game.  The players executed.  It makes a difference.

The team played a really good football game. 

I believe the players executed, but I also believe that our game plan was much more aggressive than any other game this year. 

How many passes were for more than fifteen yards? It also seemed like we blitzed way more than normal.  They brought multiple guys from one side many times, and we only got burnt on it once or twice.  Great job by the DC and OC.  I also really liked the kick from the field goal formation to pin them deep.  Great call; and I bet there is a trick play associated w/ that one.
    Note: I'm not Eric Pinkerton.

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yesterday was the best I've seen a Marshall football team play in a LONG, LONG time.  Way to go Herd!  Congrats to Coach Snyder and the entire staff and team.  Maybe the light switch was turned on yesterday.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 01:55:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

(oldherdman, I get the feeling that this is genius comedy on your part, a critique on Kopp critics... am I wrong?)

Offline Olen

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 02:31:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

After the second offensive series, I saw Kopp head to the coaches' booth in disgust - Kopp kicked Kueck out and strapped on the head set and started calling plays.

Kudos to Dr. Kopp's offensive play-calling.

;)

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 03:28:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • there is not a coach in America that would let a college president hire his asst coaches. What a stupid comment
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 03:28:48 PM »

Offline GreenSteve

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 05:31:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • #
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 05:33:26 PM by GreenSteve »
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 06:08:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The reason we won is that Kueck did not call the game.  The offensive GA called the game just as he did during the Rice game. 

I feel dumber just from reading the same thing again.  Do you think anyone's going to believe something so stupid?  Especially when you were schooled after your posts about the Rice game?

Brilliant.

Tell you what, next time you're in church, just ask me and I'll get Larry's autograph for you, that way---maybe---you can get over your jilted-man-crush stalker mentality for the guy.

Offline bigblankowsky

• Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 06:22:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tell me again..... I'm starting to believe you! Cmon one more time...

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 06:32:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Come on guys he was joking... Its just good humor!!!

Offline bigblankowsky

• Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 06:46:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • GOOD humor or BAD rumor?!!

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    « Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 06:54:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Come on guys he was joking... Its just good humor!!!

No he's not.  Read his post history.  Same crap in all 10 of his posts.  One-trick pony with an axe to grind.

Jilted-man-crush, I tell you.

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 06:59:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ...Jilted-man-crush, I tell you.

How do you know he is not a man but just claiming to be one.

Or have you considered this, he's Kueck's GA and wants everyone to think he is calling the plays.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    « Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 07:02:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How do you know he is not a man but just claiming to be one.

Or have you considered this, he's Kueck's GA and wants everyone to think he is calling the plays.

Because we ALL know that the plays were called by the second gunman on the grassy knoll!

Offline Banshee

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm so proud of the Herd, they could've packed it in, but fought like champions, if only for a day.  Coaching staff should feel good, definitely had their gameplan for ECU right on the mark.  Bernie, what can you say, played his heart out, and extremely efficient.  Reminded me more of our game against tOSU, meaning we used the short out/pass to try and tire out the D tonight, and I think it really showed up in the 2nd half, especially the 4th qtr.  The D was outstanding!!  M. Janec et. all, especially Harvey(where the hell has he been???), played HARD, and smart.  O-line, great pass protection, wrs, dropped a few, but made plays.  Great win, and hope this is the impetus for a change in all of our "tone", as well as many, many more great days/wins for Marshall Football.  The best game IMHO that we've played in the past 3yrs., by far.  I had my best night of sleep last night in a very long time, and woke up w/ a smile!!! ;D ;D ;D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »