Author Topic: Jekyll and Hyde  (Read 431 times)

Offline _sturt_

Jekyll and Hyde
« on: November 10, 2007, 07:34:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Most appalling loss of the year, followed by most impressive win of the year.

Who'd a thunk it?...

(*raises hand*)

HerdFans.com

Jekyll and Hyde
    « on: November 10, 2007, 07:34:23 PM »

Offline mu1995

Re: Jekyll and Hyde
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 07:50:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I actually was headed to the computer to post the exact same title for a thread.  This team clearly could have been 8-2. 
    I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 07:56:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This team clearly could have been 8-2. 

No. It couldn't.

Offline HurricaneThunder

• Rookie
    « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 07:26:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we should be 6-4...with losses to Miami, WVU, Cincy, and UCF.

Offline Thunder Struck

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 08:11:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we are 2-8 and should be 2-8. No excuses here boys and girls ... we are a very inconsistent team at best in all catigories (players / coaches) There is no doubt we have gifted ball players on the field that can produce wins ... but the whole picture is still a blur. I'm still not pleased at all with this season other than a few bright spots. Can I feel confident for next year, due to a awesome and impresive victory over a very solid team ... sorry to say ... but no. Would this victory change my mind about how I feel for the current staff we have at this time ... sorry to say ... but no.

Offline marshallisqbu

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 08:31:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think it matters what "we should be."  ;D  We are 2-8, and we need to have a very good season next year.  THis game felt good though, best win in a long time.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 08:31:44 AM »