Author Topic: Funny Quote  (Read 479 times)

Offline Thunder Struck

• Junior Varsity
Funny Quote
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:04:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x1086080762

"It's easy to get frustrated, but when you have 18- and 19-year-old guys thrown out there trying to learn in two or three months what it took Bernie Morris five years to learn and they get throw to the fire - I understand what's going on," Perkey said.

HerdFans.com

Funny Quote
    « on: November 10, 2007, 05:04:24 AM »

Offline sleeinwv

Re: Funny Quote
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:07:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • SURPRISED SNYDER DIDNT SAY THAT

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 09:18:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    He's "not happy in no way, shape or form," with 1-8, but acknowledges the rebuilding process that is Marshall football.

Why does everyone say that Snyder has to Rebuild the program. It didn't need rebuilt when he took over, but it does now!!!!!
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Online herdfan429

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:31:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why does everyone say that Snyder has to Rebuild the program. It didn't need rebuilt when he took over, but it does now!!!!!

THANK YOU>  Someone else gets it.  Yes we had a down year at 6-6 ONE YEAR.  Its not like we had been going 4-8 5-7 6-6 for years and years.

Offline cubsrams1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 10:12:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another good ole Vinson boy just calling it how he sees it.

Offline MUAlum2004

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 10:37:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The program was "rebuilt" upon new principles.  Recruiting, integrity, teamwork, and development.  Those were things lacking in past administrations.  Hopefully the rebuilding works.  Instead of half the team being comprised of JUCO, props and prep school kids who had trouble in one aspect of their life, Snyder is trying to limit the intake on recruiting those types of kids.  He wants to bring in young, high school kids to mold them into his players. 

Offline goherd17

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 10:42:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Okay then if it did not need rebuilt to a certain extent name the awesome talent that was left for Snyder other than bradshaw.

Offline cubsrams1

• All American
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MUAlum04 -- I believe you are correct that Snyder would like to get academically-eligible HS kids with upside over JUCO or Prop players.  However, I believe your post is unfair to a degree. 
    Here is why:

Snyder's First Full Recruting Class in 2006 (His 2nd year at Marshall):
    Juco (5) -- Anthony Binswanger, Darius Passmore, Josh Johnson (GA Military), Aaron Johnson, Ryland Wilson
    Prop (1) -- Travius Thompson (also Harvey and Booker, who are listed below in the Prep School category)
    Prep School (3) -- Cody Slate, Mario Harvey (also Prop), Antwan Booker (also a Prop)
    No-Shows that might have been Props[/i](5) -- DeMorris Kilow, Josh Long, Richard Nelson, Aaron Ward, Kirby Watson
    These figures represent 14 of the 30 players listed by Rivals as commits

Snyder's Second Full Recruiting Class in 2007
    JUCO (1) -- Montel Glasco
    Prop (6) -- D.J. Wingate (holdover Prop), Jordan Delagal (holdover Prop - not officially in this class, but I will count him) Delvin Johnson, Vinny Curry (also Prep School), Jo Jo Cox (also Prep School), Brandon Bullock. (Also T. Edwards was borderline and was cleared late, and CJ Wood was questionable when he arrived).
    Prep School (1) -- Ryan Tillman.  (Cox and Curry were also Prep School players)
    No-shows who might have become Props (3) Micah Carter (I hear he is coming but I was told grades were an issue before), Justin Footman (didn't make grades), Franchez Pitts (didn't make grades).

This year:
    Several JUCO players have been offered or will be offered.  Prep players have also been offered. And it is too early to tell about potential Prop players.

***I only make these points b/c these facts appear contrary to your assertion about the JUCO, Prop and Prep kids.  I do believe that Snyder would PREFER to only rely on 4-year HS players who are eligible right out, but the fact is that sometimes you have to recruit based on need and availability. I do agree with you that he would like to only get those players, but that is harder said than done when you are a D-1 program in an area that is not very talent-rich with recruits.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:50:30 PM by cubsrams1 »

Online herd2win

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 02:04:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The team did not need to be rebuilt.  Anyone with a brain should understand that Snyder is recruiting the same type of players that Pruett and every other coach recruits.  Snyder has done something different than Pruett and that is have 3 losing seasons in a row and now the program needs rebuilt.

Offline cubsrams1

• All American
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 02:06:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Okay then if it did not need rebuilt to a certain extent name the awesome talent that was left for Snyder other than bradshaw.

Albert McClellan

But...it's obvious the talent level was down.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 02:21:40 PM by cubsrams1 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 02:06:14 PM »