Author Topic: I hate reading this kind of stuff  (Read 823 times)

Offline W0lfman

I hate reading this kind of stuff
« on: November 04, 2007, 09:18:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just makes me sick.
    ORLANDO - In home games against last-place teams, good teams take control early and win convincingly.

And that's exactly what the University of Central Florida did, crushing lowly Marshall 47-13 at Bright House Networks Stadium on Saturday.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071104/SPORTS/711040357/1002/SPORTS

HerdFans.com

I hate reading this kind of stuff
    « on: November 04, 2007, 09:18:34 PM »

Offline herd2win

Re: I hate reading this kind of stuff
    « Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:50:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Send this article to Kopp and the BOG...maybe then they will understand how far we have fallen.

Offline mu1995

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:56:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is sad Wolf is when you put it next to articles which remind us of how good our program was:

Before Boise State, Marshall was the little engine of college football, producing stars like Chad Pennington, Randy Moss, and Byron Leftwich, as well as having a winning tradition like no other.
    I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice.- Knute Rockne

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 10:53:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Send this article to Kopp and the BOG...maybe then they will understand how far we have fallen.

After talking to a few UCF fans, I learned this is perfectly normal behavior when you take that step backwards.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 11:47:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 10-22 is a step backwards? Sounds more like falling on your arse to me.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline Banshee

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 11:57:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've set on the sidelines since there have been forums like this one, and it kills my soul, a little bit at a time, to say anything negative about my beloved HERD.....But it is happening, and I loathe myself for "speaking" anything neg. about the herd, but this campaign(last 3, yrs. can it only be 3?? yrs.) has sapped my eternal optimism towards MU.  And I want it back!!  I think I lost another small bit of my MU soul w/ this post......

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 07:18:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've set on the sidelines since there have been forums like this one, and it kills my soul, a little bit at a time, to say anything negative about my beloved HERD.....But it is happening, and I loathe myself for "speaking" anything neg. about the herd, but this campaign(last 3, yrs. can it only be 3?? yrs.) has sapped my eternal optimism towards MU.  And I want it back!!  I think I lost another small bit of my MU soul w/ this post......
    Banshee you are so right on with that post.  Thats exactly how I feel right now.  The thing that I need to keep thinking about is that no one coach or staff is bigger than the program.

Offline marcbuff

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 07:53:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What was the headline when USF beat UCF 62-14??????? I hate UCF  :(

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 08:05:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your  comment about one person being bigger than the program reminds me of that quote by the guru of reason himself, Mr. Spock to Dr. McCoy.  "Dr. the one cannot be bigger than the whole."

TRS
    MU 71

Offline svherd

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 08:39:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I spoke to two prominant Herd boosters after church yesterday and both have turned and said we definately need a change - the UCF debacle finally convinced them - at least thats what they told me. sad situation for sure! :-[

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 08:49:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unless this  people were the Gibsons or Marshall Reynolds nothing is going to happen.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 01:14:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What about the Whittaker dude that one the lottery? :D

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 01:14:45 PM »

Offline CJHerdgrad

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He hates all things WV and has moved to Va.  I think that's a good idea, but I don't think Va would take us back.......

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »