Author Topic: Herd MBB gets Jakob and Cade Gibbs from NAIA Grace College  (Read 2240 times)

Online gochneaur645

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jakob is listed as a 6'5 guard. Cade as a 6'6 forward.  But most of their stats are almost identical:

24-25 minutes per game
    13-14 points per game
    33-37% from 3
    52-53% overall FG
    74-75% from FT

Grace College is in Winona Lake, IN. They went 34-2 last year, losing in the NAIA Fab Four.

https://twitter.com/Herd_MBB/status/1786477678666584409
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 03:46:37 PM by gochneaur645 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

Offline Buffalo Bop

Re: Herd MBB gets Jakob and Cade Gibbs from NAIA Grace College
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 03:40:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We hire Rob Fulford and pick up two recruits this week. Sweet!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MicDrass1

Offline Haveyouherd222

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 03:54:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • These are the two "closely related" kids to whom I was referring.   

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, whf, Rockin Herd Fan, GreenDaddy, MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 04:01:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That?s about 12ppg avg between the two.  Get 3 more 12ppg scorers and we can get to 78ppg nightly

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 04:20:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sweet!

Excited to see them play for Marshall

Offline herdman22

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 04:26:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That?s about 12ppg avg between the two.  Get 3 more 12ppg scorers and we can get to 78ppg nightly
    Looks like 26-28 PPG to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 04:30:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Links below has their 2022-2023 bio from college.

2022-23 JUNIOR - Started all 35 games in one of Grace?s best seasons in team history ? named honorable mention for All-Crossroads League ? shot a sizzling 57 percent from the floor, 32 percent on 3-pointers and 76 percent on free throws ? scored 407 points for an average of 11.6 points per game ? produced 5.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 0.9 steals per game
    https://gclancers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/cade-gibbs/4795

2022-23 JUNIOR - Started all 35 games in one of Grace?s best seasons in team history ? named to the Second Team All-Crossroads League ? also named to the league?s All-Defensive Team ? paced the team with 1,012 minutes played ? was one of three players to score 500 points in the season, averaging 14.4 points per game ? finished second on the team with 88 assists and 38 3-pointers ? shot 53 percent from the floor, 33 percent on 3s and 79 percent from the foul line
    https://gclancers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/jakob-gibbs/4796

Anyone follow the Crossroads League?
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 04:39:03 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline Buffalo Bop

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Buffalo Bop

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2024, 04:45:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So... the two quality players that are staying, and the three new transfers ALL have one year of eligibility left?  Next year is going to be interesting. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2024, 04:52:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So... the two quality players that are staying, and the three new transfers ALL have one year of eligibility left?  Next year is going to be interesting.
    So MU would lose Martin, Obina, Braun & these two recent players to graduation plus anyone else who may choose to go in the portal or who may choose to no longer play or even get injured.
    ~
    Sounds like it could be fairly rough again for CJ in the 26-26 season.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline herd1990

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2024, 05:05:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know this won't go over well, but it's hard to get excited about a couple NAIA transfers.  NAIA is about equivalent to D3.  No offense to these 2 transfers but I would expect a higher level athlete in order for an immediate impact.  And it's not like they averaged 25+ per game and shot lights out from the floor against NAIA defenses.  Hope I'm wrong and I'm always happy when guys choose to suit up for the Herd but this doesn't sound like an upgrade.  Shoot, I bet Braun and Nutter could average 12+ a game at an NAIA school but they are both way overmatched here.

The following users thanked this post: GreenSteve, miltonherdfan, ThunderCat98, Herdalum94, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2024, 05:05:59 PM »

Offline Haveyouherd222

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2024, 05:22:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All lower divisions have quality players.  App St just signed a kid from D3 Randolph Macon.    I've had 3 kids in the last two years go to top 15 D2 programs, who would beat and beat soundly several D1 teams.   Grace (IN) is a top teir program, whose best player just signed with Colorado.   Do some research and watch some film.   These two kids can flat out play, and were being courted by several D1 programs.   Most All-League guys from the Sun Belt, wouldn't just show up at Grace and average 25.    The world of college basketball has changed.   There are studs at every level.   The bodies on these two kids are better than anyone's on our current roster.
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 05:27:45 PM by Haveyouherd222 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd1990, herdfan129

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2024, 05:35:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like the lower level player going D1.  Have chips on their shoulder.  Want to prove themselves worthy.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Haveyouherd222

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2024, 05:42:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2024, 06:01:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fundamentals!

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2024, 06:56:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the kids will turnout to be OK, but I don't think they are good enough to make us a factor in the conference race. At this point, we only have two players that are SBC level on the team and we need warm bodies just to put on the floor. At least they are not like some of Dan's emaciated recruits.  I would guess this is a temporary fix?

I don't get too excited about highlight films, the films are edited only to show their best plays. The opposition in the film didn't look like good high school level players that I see in Florida. Remember, everyone was real excited about Nutter and Braun highlight films.

I am not being negative, but I think this season is going to be very difficult. The basketball staff will have to turn it up for the second year.
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 06:58:14 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, Collis P, MUonium

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2024, 07:17:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • These guys are an upgrade to our team.  Better than what left.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2024, 07:37:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's hard to tell but they do look athletic and can move laterally. One of them (Jakob) was named first team all defensive all league team. I know Corny said he wanted to tighten up the defense and get up into people more. With Dawson and these 2 maybe he wants guys that can really get after it on D. We know Obinna plays good defense already. If he can land a really good PG playmaker and another scoring guard we just might be ok.

The following users thanked this post: HerdFan2026

Offline Collis P

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2024, 07:47:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the kids will turnout to be OK, but I don't think they are good enough to make us a factor in the conference race. At this point, we only have two players that are SBC level on the team and we need warm bodies just to put on the floor. At least they are not like some of Dan's emaciated recruits.  I would guess this is a temporary fix?

I don't get too excited about highlight films, the films are edited only to show their best plays. The opposition in the film didn't look like good high school level players that I see in Florida. Remember, everyone was real excited about Nutter and Braun highlight films.

I am not being negative, but I think this season is going to be very difficult. The basketball staff will have to turn it up for the second year.

I really am trying to be optimistic but the video FT2 watched the opposing teams in detail they were playing and would have a hard time playing in the Mountain State HS conference.  I will have to wait and see......   Not really what I expected!!!
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, wlf, MUonium

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2024, 08:20:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We're taking the Brothers Gibb v2 ??

"Emaciated" huh FT ... you're fierce today.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline MUonium

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2024, 09:08:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i agree with you who are hesitant about these two.  hopefully, they'll succeed.  to date, it's apparant this staff cannot sign any quality D1 transfers but our peers are.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, ThunderCat98

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2024, 09:08:11 PM »

Offline Haveyouherd222

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2024, 10:12:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To get the D1 guys, you need $$$.   Dan did not raise any NIL money, other than getting a quick amount for Andy T last year.   We're basically 2 years behind in raising money.    We have a 3rd party company that is starting a collective, and that began May 1.   You want higher level transfers?    Start donating.    That's how the game is played.   It's got nothing to do with building relationships with kids anymore, or even the recruiting skill of your head coach.    1000% about $$$.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HoPPy785, MUonium

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #23 on: May 03, 2024, 10:19:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To get the D1 guys, you need $$$.   Dan did not raise any NIL money, other than getting a quick amount for Andy T last year.   We're basically 2 years behind in raising money.    We have a 3rd party company that is starting a collective, and that began May 1.   You want higher level transfers?    Start donating.    That's how the game is played.   It's got nothing to do with building relationships with kids anymore, or even the recruiting skill of your head coach.    1000% about $$$.

DD really porked us

Plus, didn't set Corny up for success

Nice 😵‍💫

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #24 on: May 03, 2024, 10:20:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All lower divisions have quality players.  App St just signed a kid from D3 Randolph Macon.    I've had 3 kids in the last two years go to top 15 D2 programs, who would beat and beat soundly several D1 teams.   Grace (IN) is a top teir program, whose best player just signed with Colorado.   Do some research and watch some film.   These two kids can flat out play, and were being courted by several D1 programs.   Most All-League guys from the Sun Belt, wouldn't just show up at Grace and average 25.    The world of college basketball has changed.   There are studs at every level.   The bodies on these two kids are better than anyone's on our current roster.

I'm excited about these guys!

Now go land a baller PG and SG and let's ride

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2024, 10:20:15 PM »