Author Topic: No OC Why?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline ed swain

No OC Why?
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:26:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does anyone have an opinion on this?Is Doc way down the one-off his choices?Is it money,is it he has been turned several times or it somthing else?I am sure he will say whoever it happens to be was his first choice.

HerdFans.com

No OC Why?
    « on: January 13, 2018, 10:26:43 PM »

Offline herdorbust

Re: No OC Why?
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:40:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have no idea. But it's more important to get right than quick.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, HerdEcon, chris88, herdfifteen

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:01:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My guess and I hope I am wrong is they are going with Goebell (sp).  Just slow playing the fan base so they can come back and say they did a thorough search.

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:26:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Serious question, I wonder how much the string of shootings (we are the 3rd, I think, most murderous city in America per capita for 2017) and us being the overdose capital of the world play into coaches leaving or coaches not coming (if they know)...especially if they have kids.

The following users thanked this post: Gaylen

Offline coalherd

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 12:06:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Serious question, I wonder how much the string of shootings (we are the 3rd, I think, most murderous city in America per capita for 2017) and us being the overdose capital of the world play into coaches leaving or coaches not coming (if they know)...especially if they have kids.

Just a guess, but I imagine most of the staff live from Barboursville east along the I-64 corridor out to Hurricane, only real area in all of southern/SW WV that is growing.n

The following users thanked this post: Herdfan2005, THECHAMPISHERE

Offline HerdinNT

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 10:27:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could be that he just hasn't completed the process.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

0%.

The stats looks bad on paper, but, in reality, if you stay away from drugs Cabell County is a pretty safe place.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, Surbadger, herdorbust

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 11:19:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Todd goebbel come on down

Offline k00laid

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 11:22:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just a guess, but I imagine most of the staff live from Barboursville east along the I-64 corridor out to Hurricane, only real area in all of southern/SW WV that is growing.n
    This is pretty much correct. I don’t know about football beyond Doc, but all of the basketball coaches live down here in Hurricane I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Let's Go Herd!

Offline herdman

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  I am not sure it is that attractive of a job considering the situation.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 12:08:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 0%.

The stats looks bad on paper, but, in reality, if you stay away from drugs Cabell County is a pretty safe place.

I agree with this. It's not like people are being gun'd down for no reason. It's usually drug on drug violence in the drug infested areas. I just don't see any problems because I don't hang out in those areas.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 12:12:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with this. It's not like people are being gun'd down for no reason. It's usually drug on drug violence in the drug infested areas. I just don't see any problems because I don't hang out in those areas.

Yep exactly. These aren't random home invasion crimes where innocent old ladies and families are being gunned down and robbed. It's people out doing stuff they shouldn't be doing, looking for trouble and finding it.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 12:12:07 PM »

Offline l heck

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 12:28:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Look back on any hires that has occurred since Hamrick has come in and all them have been at the last minute and most have been what most people know they were told in the beginning. If Goebbel is hired will this really surprise anyone.  Will show the hires were all ready here and Doc may have talk to some out side of his staff, but really didn't plan to hire anyone else.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep exactly. These aren't random home invasion crimes where innocent old ladies and families are being gunned down and robbed. It's people out doing stuff they shouldn't be doing, looking for trouble and finding it.

Yes, stay out of those areas and you won't have any more problem than any other city in America. small crimes happen everywhere. These shooting are drug on drug crimes.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline muherd

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 01:01:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would say we have someone in mind or on staff that is getting the job. Why would Chase up and declare.....I would say he will hear this week

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 01:08:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Go with your gut feeling on this.  Deep down you know exactly how Marshall football operates.  Nothing has changed.

riflearm3

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 05:44:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

•  Are a bunch of the murders drug-related? Sure. That's the case in any city. But it's false to act like they all are (or even close to all). About a month ago, I looked at all 19 murders in Huntington in 2017 (pending investigations, there may have been 21 homicides). Many of them were not drug-related.

In mid-November, there had been 14 murders. Only 8 of those were drug-related. That leaves 6 other murders through 10.5 months. That is an incredibly high number for a city the size of Huntington.

Offline svherd

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 06:00:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are a bunch of the murders drug-related? Sure. That's the case in any city. But it's false to act like they all are (or even close to all). About a month ago, I looked at all 19 murders in Huntington in 2017 (pending investigations, there may have been 21 homicides). Many of them were not drug-related.

In mid-November, there had been 14 murders. Only 8 of those were drug-related. That leaves 6 other murders through 10.5 months. That is an incredibly high number for a city the size of Huntington.

According to the guys I know on the force, 80% or better are drug related. The young kid that got shot mistakenly during that stretch was an innocent victim of domestic issues.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 06:12:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont feel unsafe any wherevin the cuty other than where these drug related areas are.

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 07:24:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Lets keep this news out of the hiring process!  lol

HerdFans.com

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 07:24:44 PM »