Author Topic: Jets question  (Read 1398 times)

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Assistant Coach
  • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
Jets question
« on: January 17, 2005, 08:14:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ok,  from my prespective, once a guy has played for Marshall he has a free pass for life. Regardless of his on or off field antics (see Randy Moss).

But here's my question:  Is Chad a part of the Jets problem?  They should have beat Pittsburgh, but the reality is that they only mustered three offensive points.  Personally, I think Chad is great.  Martin is a very solid back. Moss and company are servicable wide recievers.  So what's the problem?  Play calling? Or is our beloved Chad part of the reason the Jets are at home?  I mean 3 points is only 3 points and some of that blame probably has to rest on the shoulders of the guy running the offense.

HerdFans.com

Jets question
    « on: January 17, 2005, 08:14:17 AM »

Offline HerdInChicago

Jets question
    « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 09:51:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Similar to Jax and probably Minn, you will see a new OC in NY.

Mike...Go Herd!!!

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    Re: Jets question
    « Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 09:54:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "bbcard1"
    Moss and company are servicable wide recievers.  

Give Chad Plaxico Burress and Hines Ward to throw to and the Jets win.

Offline HerdNBluefield79

• Varsity
    Jets question
    « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 10:45:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not going for the endzone with a minute left and a timeout was horrible. WORST-CASE scenario would be OT tied score 17-17 which happened with Brien missing the kick. If Brien missed a 28 yarder, what made them think he could hang a 42 yarder without a ounce of self-confidence?!

Punch it in...Punch it in... such play calling on offense reminds me of us this past year.
    In the middle of Huntington, West Virginia, there is a river. Next to this river, there is a steel mill. And next to the steel mill, there's a school. In the middle of this school, there's a fountain. Each year, on the exact same day, the exact same hour, the water to this fountain is turned off. And in this moment, once every year, throughout the town, throughout the school, time stands still.

Offline ShawHerd

Jets question
    « Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:27:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A QB is only as good as his receivers. Moss is good but the others are not good enough. Herm was running the clock down instead of getting closer for a shorter field goal.  Chad needs to improve his out of pocket work.
    "I have heard people talk about the healing process - that sounds good - or closure," Dawson told the Los Angeles Times. "I don't know what closure is, but that area of my life will never be closed. But I feel alive again. I feel I can smile again."

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    Jets question
    « Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 12:35:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From what I saw of the Jets play-calling this year, and in the past, Hackett should not be back. Far too conservative on offense..............

Offline OhYeaahMU

• Junior Varsity
    Re: Jets question
    « Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 01:15:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "bbcard1"
    Ok,  from my prespective, once a guy has played for Marshall he has a free pass for life. Regardless of his on or off field antics (see Randy Moss).

But here's my question:  Is Chad a part of the Jets problem?  They should have beat Pittsburgh, but the reality is that they only mustered three offensive points.  Personally, I think Chad is great.  Martin is a very solid back. Moss and company are servicable wide recievers.  So what's the problem?  Play calling? Or is our beloved Chad part of the reason the Jets are at home?  I mean 3 points is only 3 points and some of that blame probably has to rest on the shoulders of the guy running the offense.

Note that Indianapolis, who has one of the best offenses in NFL history, only got 3 points on a NE defense that is second to the defense that Pennington and the Jets had to play against.  Neither Chad nor Manning put up points against the NFL's #1 and #2 defenses at their home stadiums.  Too much is being made about Chad.  The Jets AS A TEAM did what they did to win, except for one minor problem -- the kicker missed 2 chances to win the game.  Make one of two kicks and the Jets play at NE this weekend.

Offline Chevy1

Jets question
    « Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 08:23:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't believe Chad is part of the problem.... but let's talk to the NY press.

How about a FG kicker.

Coles was a great receiver, but the Jets traded him to the Redskins - the Jets don't have a Plaxico Burris or a Hines Ward.  The smurf is past tense and the new guy shows some promise for being Chad's "go to" guy.  Moss seemingly has problems getting open.  Whether Chad's a problem or not, the Jets need some quality receivers.

Defensive line isn't strong enough or their pass rushing schemes suck.

Defense generally gives up big chunks of real estate in the 2nd Half.

Chad has no time to throw the ball.

There's plenty to point fingers at - Chad's play certainly could have been better this year, but his play doesn't effect field goal kicking, quality receivers and defensive lapses.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

HerdFans.com

Jets question
    « Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 08:23:51 PM »