Author Topic: L. Creasy - Herald Dispatch  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Always THE HERD

L. Creasy - Herald Dispatch
« on: April 04, 2024, 02:29:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • These are some things I sent an email to L. Creasy with the HD to ask of CJ:
    How about asking things such as:
    1. Are you going to improve the home schedule (bring in better teams, no one wants to drive from Beckley or anywhere farther to watch Bluefield State, Glenville, etc.)
    2. Are you going to schedule better "out of conference, money games" (home and away)
    3. Are you going to do anything to "improve" the press conferences (before & after the game). It would be EXTREMELY nice to hear what reporters, etc. are asking the coach. Most of the time all we can hear is the coache's response.
    4. Are you going to increase the Marshall footprint (would be nice to hear a radio broadcast of MBB games on an FM Beckley station.
    5. Is there some way you could have a tv talkshow like we used to have for many, many years (WSAZ, WCHS, etc.)
    6. Will you be looking to get transfers from Power 5 conferences?
    7. Do you plan to have an assistant who can regularly work with the "bigs" (as they used to be called)?
    8. Can you bring in quality guest speakers for the team & can some of their comments be publicized?
    9. Can you do something about CONSTANTLY keeping Herdzone updated with "current" information?
    10. Can you make yourself or your assistants more available for interviews & publish them on Herdzone, Herdfans or Herdnation?
    11. Can you get someone else to call the games that are broadcast besides Mark Martin, Ot Elmore or someone like Bob Bolen?
    12. Can you do something about the VERY POOR camera crew on the HOME ESPN+ broadcasts?
    ~
    This is his response:
    Coming at me with attitude isn't going to help anything,
    Questions 3-5 and 8-12 are questions for Marshall staff that have no business being asked to a coach at an introductory press conference.
    The scheduling question (1 and 2 on your list) did not come up yesterday in the brief Q&A session that media had with Jackson after the opening press conference, but schedule talk is likely to heat up the summer. Fans have been vocal about this topic for a long time and its on my radar.
    As for transfers (6 and 7 on your list) That was addressed both in the public session and private Q&A with Jackson afterward. Hope you'll read what is published.
    Appreciate your readership and the feedback, but the majority of your questions should be directed to the Athletic Department.
    ~
    This is my response to his reply:
    Did not mean to come across with an attitude (as you insinuated).

But, you didn't even open or answer my original question until "after" the interview.

I called Mr. Spears office, but the number listed on Herdzone was not answered and there was no answering machine either. I tried several other Herdzone numbers and did not get an answer or machine in either of them. So, if they will not answer or the number(s) listed are not correct, how can I get an answer for 3-5 & 8-12? I thought that is what sports reporters were for. Reporters OFTEN print their opinions (not facts), so why could you not write an article about such things as 3-5 & 8-12? How could any reasonable thinking person not realize that if one wants to grow MU locally, regionally or nationally that these types of things need to be addressed (and not smoothed over)?

I did listen to the public press announcement and fully realize that 1 & 2 didn't come up (but isn't that something that should have???)

Don't think "6" was answered publicly (how could I read or hear if it is not public?)

Don't think "7" was answered publicly either.

You suggested that I read what was published. Where may I read that?

Look forward to your reply.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

L. Creasy - Herald Dispatch
    « on: April 04, 2024, 02:29:24 PM »

Offline mubowhunter

Re: L. Creasy - Herald Dispatch
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 02:43:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I owe you an apology and I?m glad you sent that to him.

Offline panthersherd

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 06:09:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As far as number 4, in Beckley 93.5 fm broadcasts football and men?s BB

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline herd1990

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 06:22:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The local media knows how to keep their access to the pressers and the coaches.  They lob softball questions.  The only thing softer than the local media is a Dantoni defense.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, ed swain, Flat Tire 2, herdorbust2, BigJimslade

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 08:04:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You think the HC controls all that?? Who announces on the broadcast??

The following users thanked this post: goherd73, ru4mu2, miltonherdfan

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 09:36:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As far as number 4, in Beckley 93.5 fm broadcasts football and men?s BB
    Did not know that and don't even know what 93.5 is, but I will check it out!

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 09:38:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    They CAN & SHOULD have a very STRONG opinion and/or suggestion with that. If the coach doesn't then the AD or P should for sure.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 11:23:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Right? lol Half these people on this forum don't understand how sports media works. Nobody is going to ask questions to piss off who they cover the most and potentially give a bad name to their employer.

The following users thanked this post: thelonderee

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024, 12:03:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • These are some things I sent an email to L. Creasy with the HD to ask of CJ:
    How about asking things such as:
    1. Are you going to improve the home schedule (bring in better teams, no one wants to drive from Beckley or anywhere farther to watch Bluefield State, Glenville, etc.)
    2. Are you going to schedule better "out of conference, money games" (home and away)
    3. Are you going to do anything to "improve" the press conferences (before & after the game). It would be EXTREMELY nice to hear what reporters, etc. are asking the coach. Most of the time all we can hear is the coache's response.
    4. Are you going to increase the Marshall footprint (would be nice to hear a radio broadcast of MBB games on an FM Beckley station.
    5. Is there some way you could have a tv talkshow like we used to have for many, many years (WSAZ, WCHS, etc.)
    6. Will you be looking to get transfers from Power 5 conferences?
    7. Do you plan to have an assistant who can regularly work with the "bigs" (as they used to be called)?
    8. Can you bring in quality guest speakers for the team & can some of their comments be publicized?
    9. Can you do something about CONSTANTLY keeping Herdzone updated with "current" information?
    10. Can you make yourself or your assistants more available for interviews & publish them on Herdzone, Herdfans or Herdnation?
    11. Can you get someone else to call the games that are broadcast besides Mark Martin, Ot Elmore or someone like Bob Bolen?
    12. Can you do something about the VERY POOR camera crew on the HOME ESPN+ broadcasts?
    ~
    This is his response:
    Coming at me with attitude isn't going to help anything,
    Questions 3-5 and 8-12 are questions for Marshall staff that have no business being asked to a coach at an introductory press conference.
    The scheduling question (1 and 2 on your list) did not come up yesterday in the brief Q&A session that media had with Jackson after the opening press conference, but schedule talk is likely to heat up the summer. Fans have been vocal about this topic for a long time and its on my radar.
    As for transfers (6 and 7 on your list) That was addressed both in the public session and private Q&A with Jackson afterward. Hope you'll read what is published.
    Appreciate your readership and the feedback, but the majority of your questions should be directed to the Athletic Department.
    ~
    This is my response to his reply:
    Did not mean to come across with an attitude (as you insinuated).

But, you didn't even open or answer my original question until "after" the interview.

I called Mr. Spears office, but the number listed on Herdzone was not answered and there was no answering machine either. I tried several other Herdzone numbers and did not get an answer or machine in either of them. So, if they will not answer or the number(s) listed are not correct, how can I get an answer for 3-5 & 8-12? I thought that is what sports reporters were for. Reporters OFTEN print their opinions (not facts), so why could you not write an article about such things as 3-5 & 8-12? How could any reasonable thinking person not realize that if one wants to grow MU locally, regionally or nationally that these types of things need to be addressed (and not smoothed over)?

I did listen to the public press announcement and fully realize that 1 & 2 didn't come up (but isn't that something that should have???)

Don't think "6" was answered publicly (how could I read or hear if it is not public?)

Don't think "7" was answered publicly either.

You suggested that I read what was published. Where may I read that?

Look forward to your reply.

3. I thought questions at the press conferences had been fixed? I could hear them at the last two I watched.

5. There's a weekly coaches show for football and men's hoops hosted by Mark Martin on WVAH FOX11.

11. Marshall's local rights are with WCHS/WVAH. That's likely why Mark calls the games. Bolen was replaced with Ot. Ot was asked to do it.

Luke works for the Herald-Dispatch so reading what he published can be found in the Herald-Dispatch.

Some of the transfer questions were answered at Corny's press conference.

And if folks aren't answering your calls; all their emails are on herdzone.com under the Staff Directory.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, miltonherdfan

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 01:08:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not another dime from me. That has been the case since 2010.

I donated a 4 figure amount and months later was told I couldn?t enter the IPF facility one day even though about a dozen of Docs practice watching slap dikin home boys were in there.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 01:15:54 PM by BigJimslade »

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 01:52:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    « Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 03:14:15 PM by FilmJunky »

Offline svherd

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2024, 02:18:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall needs all the donors and fans it can get. And each should be respected and treated as a valued customer. Don't whine and bitch about not having money if you can't support your current donors and tix holders.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Always THE HERD, ru4mu2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2024, 02:18:03 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #12 on: April 05, 2024, 02:24:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not another dime from me. That has been the case since 2010.

I donated a 4 figure amount and months later was told I couldn?t enter the IPF facility one day even though about a dozen of Docs practice watching slap dikin home boys were in there.

Doc's long gone and Fluff will be gone soon one way or the other

Start giving again

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: mu79grad

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2024, 02:24:54 PM »