Author Topic: Trans  (Read 545 times)

Offline Always THE HERD

Trans
« on: April 02, 2024, 02:46:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So I understand Jacob Conner has entered the portal. Does he finish the semester at MU or drop out of school & reenroll at his new school whenever that time comes?

HerdFans.com

Trans
    « on: April 02, 2024, 02:46:54 PM »

Online MUfan08

Re: Trans
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 02:59:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You really need to change the title of your thread haha

It depends

Mostly he will finish the semester if he has not graduated (assume he has not) but it is not a guarantee he would be going to school on scholarship. Certain schools have it that once a person enters the portal they are no longer on scholarship and if they are still in school they must pay for that semester (Appy did that with linebacker Kesean Brown when he entered the portal and then committed to us last year). I have heard that Marshall typically will let them finish the semester on scholarship.

If a player has already graduated, they do not necessarily need to be in school and can just dropout and go to the next school when available.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 03:24:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It depends

Mostly he will finish the semester if he has not graduated (assume he has not) but it is not a guarantee he would be going to school on scholarship. Certain schools have it that once a person enters the portal they are no longer on scholarship and if they are still in school they must pay for that semester (Appy did that with linebacker Kesean Brown when he entered the portal and then committed to us last year). I have heard that Marshall typically will let them finish the semester on scholarship.

If a player has already graduated, they do not necessarily need to be in school and can just dropout and go to the next school when available.

I don't have any insight, but if Jacob completed his obligations to the team through the tournament, then Marshall would be petty to take his scholarship away for this semester.  Not sure how you'd do that, logistically, anyway since the second semester tuition is already paid. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 03:49:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't have any insight, but if Jacob completed his obligations to the team through the tournament, then Marshall would be petty to take his scholarship away for this semester.  Not sure how you'd do that, logistically, anyway since the second semester tuition is already paid.

Agree, it would be much easier to do with a football player, since their season spans only the first semester. 

Online MUfan08

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 04:10:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/news/ncaa-transfer-portal-everything-you-need-to-know/

Run down, but a school no longer has to honor the scholarship once a player enters the portal.
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 04:17:31 PM by MUfan08 »

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 04:30:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It depends

I didn't put that title on it when I posted it. I have no idea how it changed.

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2024, 06:25:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It depends

I was thinking we added Brittney Griner to the team 😂

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2024, 06:25:18 PM »