Author Topic: JMU Hiring Preston Spradlin  (Read 484 times)

Offline andy31

JMU Hiring Preston Spradlin
« on: March 29, 2024, 12:16:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From Morehead.  Did a really nice job there after taking over in bad circumstances.  He was a guy I definitely would have had interest in.  I hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

HerdFans.com

JMU Hiring Preston Spradlin
    « on: March 29, 2024, 12:16:37 PM »

Offline jdonaccbus

Re: JMU Hiring Preston Spradlin
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 12:45:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree. I thought he did a good job at Morehead State. I am not surprised that JMU did a thorough search and hired him.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 12:51:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From Morehead.  Did a really nice job there after taking over in bad circumstances.  He was a guy I definitely would have had interest in.  I hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

He will

Offline svherd

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 01:22:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU does a really nice job on their searches. Just not buddies or alums/connections. No wonder they have kicked tail in our league - in many sports. Hate them though. LOL!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 01:28:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He seems fine, but his success has probably gone up the last couple seasons because Belmont and Murray State left the OVC. That conference is reallllly bad now.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, chris88, herdorbust2

Offline andy31

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 02:03:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He seems fine, but his success has probably gone up the last couple seasons because Belmont and Murray State left the OVC. That conference is reallllly bad now.

I think that is an oversimplification of his success.  He beat Belmont in the conference tournament each of their final two years in the conference.  He did drop a close one to Murray in the conference championship in their final season.  In addition to his two tournament appearances, he also has an NIT win on the road at Clemson.  He's a good coach.  I worry we missed the boat and will have to pay the price on top of that.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, gochneaur645, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 02:37:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, horsrman, miltonherdfan

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 03:19:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am a little surprised by the hire. Several posters threw his name out to become the next Marshall coach, but I think most seem to think he wouldn't take it since it was a lateral move. JMU is a nice job with their new arena, but it is that not a big jump for him career wise. I thought he would move to a better job in a higher profile multi bid conference. Maybe he thinks he needs another job on his resume before he ends up a much higher profile job?

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 05:43:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://x.com/LukeCreasy/status/1773754228298727803?s=20
    It wouldn't surprise me that more conrtacts would have this clause. I can't blame them in this environment.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, miltonherdfan

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 07:56:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I agree. I was saying this exact same thing to someone today. The OVC is awful and he just doesn't do anything for me. I would just as soon give Corny a chance.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 07:56:43 PM »