Author Topic: If corny keeps any of the current D2 roster, I'm not on board.  (Read 1338 times)

Online herd2win

Re: If corny keeps any of the current D2 roster, I'm not on board.
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2024, 06:24:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I understand that I am over the top on this its just I am tired of people denigrating the players. As fans we should leave personnel moves up to the coaches. I just don't feel it is our place to post on a board like this which can be seen by the players and their friends or family how worthless we (the posters) feel like they are.
    One of the first things I learned was you praise in public and criticize in private. That's especially true with kids.

Nope, the adults are over 18, want freedom to transfer and take NIL money, criticism is what comes with all of that.  What do you think message boards are for, open discussion about coaches and players.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2024, 06:24:29 PM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2024, 06:31:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • See, we just called that being two-faced.

Don't let Gaylen get under your skin.  He's wrong on most things, starting with how important and how knowledgeable he is.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08

Offline herd1990

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2024, 06:32:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I understand that I am over the top on this its just I am tired of people denigrating the players. As fans we should leave personnel moves up to the coaches. I just don't feel it is our place to post on a board like this which can be seen by the players and their friends or family how worthless we (the posters) feel like they are.
    One of the first things I learned was you praise in public and criticize in private. That's especially true with kids.

If parents and players come on this board, they should do it at their own peril.  When my son was a college athlete I never went to the school message boards because I knew what I'd find and it wouldn't have been a productive thing to do.  Calling a player D2 isn't derogatory.  There are plenty of exceptional D2 players.  I've always said it's not the player's fault that they can't compete here.  It's the coaches fault for thinking they can and setting them up for failure.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, elginherd, herdorbust2

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2024, 06:33:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nope, the adults are over 18, want freedom to transfer and take NIL money, criticism is what comes with all of that.  What do you think message boards are for, open discussion about coaches and players.

I was just getting ready to ask, where are we drawing the kids/adult line at nowadays, anyway?  30?  Half these guys playing college sports have kids, they're getting paid to play, they live on their own.

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2024, 10:56:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't let Gaylen get under your skin.  He's wrong on most things, starting with how important and how knowledgeable he is.
    I do realize I am not as knowledgeable and important as you are much to my permanent chagrin.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #30 on: March 27, 2024, 08:40:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm curious to see who Corny brings in as we need several guards, PG, SG and Combo, at least imo.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, elginherd

Offline elginherd

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2024, 08:47:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm curious to see who Corny brings in as we need several guards, PG, SG and Combo, at least imo.

I'm not as down on Connor as most of the posters on the board.
    But along with guards, Coach Corny needs a forward or two that are good enough to threaten to keep Fricks & Conner on the bench.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2024, 11:34:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I?m also curious to see if he makes any more roster moves and some of the less talented players ?decide? to transfer out?.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2024, 11:34:47 AM »