Author Topic: OK, Monkeyboard Experts... Good Luck!  (Read 2036 times)

Offline whf

Re: OK, Monkeyboard Experts... Good Luck!
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2024, 03:23:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the most ridiculous post of the year.  But hey, everyone has an opinion.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2024, 03:23:55 PM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2024, 07:06:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who tf is this guy? Lol

I think he is an average level eer fan who lost his way while leaving a Walmart.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, muherd34

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #27 on: March 26, 2024, 10:56:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You me until you discussed Elmore and team got worse.  That's foolishness and you should collect yourself before posting.  Team did get worse Elmore's Sr year due to roster mgt  (Peneva gone replaced by Sustic).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we went from winning the CUSA tournament going to the dance and making it to the round of 32 in 2017-18    Going 25-11

Then we got bounced in the 2nd game of the tournament and finished 6th in the league and won the CIT vs IUPIU, Presb, Hampton and Green Bay. We finished 23-14 but take out those buy yourself a trophy games at we were 19-14.

So you?re saying Elmore and the team got better?  That Coach Dantoni took a team with ncaa tournament level talent and went out and recruited and made it better?  Or did he keep 3-4 guys that didn?t deserve a D-1 scholarship on the roster and not do anything significant to recruit players to the team and build off our biggest success in 40 years?
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 11:01:29 PM by Johnnyherd »

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2024, 02:46:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So we went from winning the CUSA tournament going to the dance and making it to the round of 32 in 2017-18    Going 25-11

Then we got bounced in the 2nd game of the tournament and finished 6th in the league and won the CIT vs IUPIU, Presb, Hampton and Green Bay. We finished 23-14 but take out those buy yourself a trophy games at we were 19-14.

So you?re saying Elmore and the team got better?  That Coach Dantoni took a team with ncaa tournament level talent and went out and recruited and made it better?  Or did he keep 3-4 guys that didn?t deserve a D-1 scholarship on the roster and not do anything significant to recruit players to the team and build off our biggest success in 40 years?

You said Elmore AND team got worse.  I'm saying Elmore didn't get worse.  Hence you had me until that comment.  Hell every team has been worse before and after 2018, I don't disagree after losing Peneva the 2019 team was worse.  everyone agrees with that.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline muherd34

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2024, 03:07:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You said Elmore AND team got worse.  I'm saying Elmore didn't get worse.  Hence you had me until that comment.  Hell every team has been worse before and after 2018, I don't disagree after losing Peneva the 2019 team was worse.  everyone agrees with that.

Actually I guess it would depend on your definition of worse.  Statically Elmore was worse in most categories.  FG% dropped,PPG dropped, APG dropped and it was our 2nd weakest schedule while he was here.

Now,  with that being said.  I do not think he regressed.  Just losing Peneva was that big a loss.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2024, 11:39:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually I guess it would depend on your definition of worse.  Statically Elmore was worse in most categories.  FG% dropped,PPG dropped, APG dropped and it was our 2nd weakest schedule while he was here.

Now,  with that being said.  I do not think he regressed.  Just losing Peneva was that big a loss.

that's fair.  BB a team game, take a stud out of the starting 5 and replace with a dud, definitely changes how teams defend our team as well as their ability to focus defensive priorities on Elmore.  fair point on the stats declining but I do agree with you, no way Elmore "got worse"
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, muherd34

Online Thundering In MD

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2024, 02:55:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This dude's 23 post is going to be 🔥.  Can't wait
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2024, 02:55:01 PM »