Author Topic: Goodman: D'antoni Out, Corny In  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Flat Tire 2

Re: Goodman: D'antoni Out, Corny In
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2024, 12:37:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't see where an opening for an assistant coach is listed in you links (although I would assume a position is open, due the fact that CJ is promoted).

It was removed shortly after I posted the information. I forget to edit my post to reflect the change.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2024, 12:37:07 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2024, 11:10:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder who we grab as an assistant? I hope it is someone who is a good recruiter.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2024, 06:11:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder who we grab as an assistant? I hope it is someone who is a good recruiter.

Ryan Taylor is taking Cornys spot. Doesn't sound like Cline is leaving.

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2024, 09:05:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ryan Taylor is taking Cornys spot. Doesn't sound like Cline is leaving.

the fact he's keeping the exact same staff isn't very encouraging.  i mean, he isn't exactly taking over the program a week before the season starts (where keeping staff in tact would be expected).  it kinda leads me to think he doesn't have a whole lot of solid contacts.  to think that DD, who seems to have restricted his assts to either WV native or MU alum, put together a staff that CJ doesn't believe he can top, is a little concerning.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, Flat Tire 2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2024, 09:25:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• the fact he's keeping the exact same staff isn't very encouraging.  i mean, he isn't exactly taking over the program a week before the season starts (where keeping staff in tact would be expected).  it kinda leads me to think he doesn't have a whole lot of solid contacts.  to think that DD, who seems to have restricted his assts to either WV native or MU alum, put together a staff that CJ doesn't believe he can top, is a little concerning.

Maybe Corny felt comfortable with maintaining the existing staff? The whole changeover seems to be strange with retaining the existing players and staff and the high school recruits (one of the high school recruits looks like a typical Dan recruiting project). Putting on my tin foil hat (conspiracy) it certainly looks like DD called the shots on the entire situation?

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, MicDrass1

Offline chris88

« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2024, 10:51:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If he thinks he can win with the current staff so be it. It's on him now to make it work. His clock has started and I wish him the best.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, ru4mu2, overherd1, herdfan129

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2024, 03:19:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2024, 03:19:08 PM »