Author Topic: Interesting Observation On Dan vs Kim Coaching Styles  (Read 931 times)

Offline mubowhunter

Re: Interesting Observation On Dan vs Kim Coaching Styles
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2024, 07:43:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Biggest difference is one can manage a competent roster while the other can?t

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2024, 07:43:43 PM »

Offline Herd72

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2024, 09:46:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One final thought, DD has been much criticized for his recruiting but I think his hiring of assistants is every bit as bad. If they are doing the recruitment then they need to go too ... all of them. Clean sweep.

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2024, 10:01:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The MBB will be better now that Curfman is graduating, just wait and see. He was not a point guard, did not do well when under pressure (attempting to shoot 3's, etc.).
    It will just be a different player next year because this program has zero structure and discipline.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2024, 10:18:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One final thought, DD has been much criticized for his recruiting but I think his hiring of assistants is every bit as bad. If they are doing the recruitment then they need to go too ... all of them. Clean sweep.

The assistants may not be great but make no mistake about it, Danny is the main reason our talent sucks. They have tried to bring in better players and he has turned down many that were much better than he took. 90% of it is strictly on Danny. He is clueless and it's been proven. The 2 best would be Adam and Corny but their hands are tied most of the time. I don't even know why they hang around. I guess it's because they are from here is all I catching of.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, Collis P

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2024, 01:45:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One has a small cult following.  The other can coach and just won a championship.  The latter seems to have more fans interested.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, herdorbust2

Offline MUther

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2024, 05:39:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If he would just stop recruiting guys he thinks he can develop and then not develop them, we'd be a lot better off.

I know that seems obvious, but he hasn't grasped the concept.  Recruit talent, not potential.  Potential is the dirtiest word in sports.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2024, 10:22:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The assistants may not be great but make no mistake about it, Danny is the main reason our talent sucks. They have tried to bring in better players and he has turned down many that were much better than he took. 90% of it is strictly on Danny. He is clueless and it's been proven. The 2 best would be Adam and Corny but their hands are tied most of the time. I don't even know why they hang around. I guess it's because they are from here is all I catching of.

This is a true statement - I know for a fact several recommended players from the assistants were turned down by DD !!
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, herdorbust2

Offline MUther

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2024, 09:08:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The assistants may not be great but make no mistake about it, Danny is the main reason our talent sucks. They have tried to bring in better players and he has turned down many that were much better than he took. 90% of it is strictly on Danny. He is clueless and it's been proven. The 2 best would be Adam and Corny but their hands are tied most of the time. I don't even know why they hang around. I guess it's because they are from here is all I catching of.

They're still here because Dan's ruined any chance of them going somewhere else and also probably holds a successorship over their heads to keep them in line.  Kiss the ring or get in the bread line.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2024, 09:08:47 AM »