Author Topic: Caldwell's Future  (Read 4018 times)

Offline wasbarryb

Re: Caldwell's Future
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2024, 02:22:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • KY finished #53 in women's BB attendance. To be fair I checked and their attendance was more around 5k a game when Mitchell was there a few years ago and still playing at other arena. About 3-4 years ago they were 25-6 with a #22 NET. So yes, UK has good support across most of sports spectrum and has great overall facilities. I wonder what they gave VT coach to entice her to come to Lexington.

I've seen VT's coach referred to as "she" OR "her" in more than one post.  Just for the record. Does this really look like a she or her to ANYONE?
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 02:34:34 PM by wasbarryb »

The following users thanked this post: chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2024, 02:22:11 PM »

Offline herdloyal

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2024, 02:27:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When looking at the Box scores we had the advance of course not in height but had our shooting % would be what we had been doing VT would have been toast! And the next team got them always. Off night period and a loss. Lady?s had a great season to be very proud of no less. Congratulations! Future looks bright!

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2024, 04:33:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've seen VT's coach referred to as "she" OR "her" in more than one post.  Just for the record. Does this really look like a she or her to ANYONE?

In today?s environment, that could very well be considered a woman by some people. In fact, you could get canceled if you refused to agree, assuming that he says he?s a woman.

Just saying.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #78 on: March 27, 2024, 07:37:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m just wondering why your well connected friends didn?t call you before they hired VT?s coach?

Since they let you know they were considering Kim and the coach from Transylvania. 

I mean surely they knew you were very interested in what was going to happen with the woman?s job at UK, because you were keep a whole fanbase informed.

??????-
    On another note, I?m extremely proud of Kim and our team.  As far as Kim being a hot commodity she probably is in some respect.  She has said publicly on two occasions that Marshall is her ?Dream? job.

I think some of us fail to realize that Kim runs that intense press, similar to Huggins ?Press Virginia? years.  Our league hadn?t faced that style much. 

Virginia Tech was beat by Florida Gulf Coast that pressed them and they had almost 3 weeks to prepare for our press and experience against the press and I?m sure all the interested ADs saw what happened.

A press like we run is sort of like the triple option in football.  It works and Navy and Georgia Tech have beat the who?s who of college football with it.  It?s a system that basically wins by out working , wearing the opponent down and having more heart than your opponent.  It makes up for a lack of size and it doesn?t take elite skill to make it work.  I think the more our league sees it the harder it will be to win, but each and every game is a fight so we always have a chance on any given night.

I don?t think the elite woman?s programs are necessary looking to run a press system, because when you play in a conference with elite guards they break the press down and find open players.  I think it?s regarded as a mid major system, but I could be wrong.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:48:08 PM by Johnnyherd »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2024, 11:23:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • UK fired their women's coach today - per a couple of well connected UK alum friends of mine - Kim Caldwell is one of 2 names already being mentioned for the position.  The other is the coach at Transylvania.

maybe they are just connected and not well connected.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2024, 11:23:57 AM »