Author Topic: Caldwell's Future  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Skidude

Caldwell's Future
« on: March 11, 2024, 04:57:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • UK fired their women's coach today - per a couple of well connected UK alum friends of mine - Kim Caldwell is one of 2 names already being mentioned for the position.  The other is the coach at Transylvania.

HerdFans.com

Caldwell's Future
    « on: March 11, 2024, 04:57:13 PM »

Offline svherd

Re: Caldwell's Future
    « Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 04:58:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • UK fired their women's coach today - per a couple of well connected UK alum friends of mine - Kim Caldwell is one of 2 names already being mentioned for the position.  The other is the coach at Transylvania.

I don't think Kim will leave, way too soon. I don't think thats her MO. Heck, she was at Glenville 7 years.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline scuberman

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 04:59:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I hear James Madison has a heck of a good coach

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, wasbarryb, luckytoes99

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 05:00:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A big contract from a SEC school changes your mindset.

I mean this sincerely, if we need to make history to keep her, I am find with her leading the men's program and getting Dan's salary.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, luckytoes99, MicDrass1, Herdalum94, herdorbust2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 05:01:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Refer Dan for the job. lol

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, wasbarryb, coalherd, Herdalum94, herdorbust2

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 05:03:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Refer Dan for the job. lol

They saw DD's coaching first person earlier this year, they ain't that dumb.

The following users thanked this post: mu79grad, Flat Tire 2

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 05:08:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Switch salaries between KC and Dan. The coach who wins championships should get the higher pay.

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 05:09:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • UK Coach was expected to make $800,000 this year. I believe Kim makes $275,000.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2024, 05:13:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • UK Coach was expected to make $800,000 this year. I believe Kim makes $275,000.

That is a big difference in coin.....5 years X $525,000 difference in salary each year = Huge Difference. She won't be able to turn that down if offered.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 05:13:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Life changing money.  Wouldn?t blame her anytime.  She?s great.  Deserves everything good as a HC. Shows what a great HC can do quickly. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, HerdEcon, luckytoes99

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2024, 05:14:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do whatever you have to do to pay her like an SEC coach.

If we keep DD, we're announcing that we're giving up on men's basketball for two seasons. But at least we're saving money. We're not going to win anything so take it further by transferring every penny you can from that program to the women's program. Make the men ride the bus everywhere. Fire any assistants who aren't willing to work for minimum wage.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, HerdEcon, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan, luckytoes99, MUther

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2024, 05:15:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think Kim will leave, way too soon. I don't think thats her MO. Heck, she was at Glenville 7 years.
    If that offer is made it is no contest, you take it. I don't see anyone refusing an offer from Ky.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2024, 05:15:38 PM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2024, 05:20:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Then we hire the coach of the  Transylvania pioneers. Plus collect a six year 275,000 buy out.

The following users thanked this post: mu79grad

Offline pricherd

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2024, 05:34:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One message board I looked at said that UK would probably rehire former head coach Matthew Mitchell.

For the Herd's sake, I hope that's true.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, mu79grad

Offline Big City

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2024, 05:35:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Let's just enjoy the moment. What an accomplishment! Go Herd!!
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, sardistim, svherd, HerdEcon, horsrman, Flat Tire 2, luckytoes99, overherd1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2024, 05:46:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She?s going to be a threat to leave every year.  So good at this.

Offline MUther

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2024, 05:54:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully one of her assistants is ready.  They know the style and the players.  Would be an easy transition if it happened fast.  Could be worth trying for one year, instead of changing everything.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd

Offline Herd72

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2024, 05:58:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I want her to stay because she is a great coach but also because I absolutely detest UK. Christian Laettner will always be my hero!

The following users thanked this post: herdtown, ThunderValley

Offline herdloyal

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2024, 06:01:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Kentucky were to want to talk the possibility of an offer Marshall President and legal may have something to say firstly. I do not know who is bringing this to the forum and do not frankly care for this topic the very day we get a well deserved win and championship in WBB.
    You are suspect whomever you are to cause division at a time of celebration. Take your topic and shove it!

The following users thanked this post: wesnky, horsrman

Offline D1

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2024, 06:01:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Enjoy the ride while we can.  She can coach and I'm glad she's here.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline luckytoes99

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2024, 06:05:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully one of her assistants is ready.  They know the style and the players.  Would be an easy transition if it happened fast.  Could be worth trying for one year, instead of changing everything.

I think assistant Jenna Burdette could step in and lead this program. She coached with Kim at Glenville and does a lot of in game coaching.

But I hope Kim will stay and retire here.
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 06:37:01 PM by luckytoes99 »

The following users thanked this post: gtrman4herd, parshall2marshall, elginherd

Offline MUther

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2024, 06:12:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Kentucky were to want to talk the possibility of an offer Marshall President and legal may have something to say firstly. I do not know who is bringing this to the forum and do not frankly care for this topic the very day we get a well deserved win and championship in WBB.
    You are suspect whomever you are to cause division at a time of celebration. Take your topic and shove it!

He's not causing division.  What's going to happen is going to happen.  It's ok to talk about what might happen.  It's amazing to talk about a coach someone else may actually want for a change.  There's nothing legal to talk about, either.  Every contract has a known buyout.  This is where we talk extension and raise.  This makes it harder to buy her out for all but the richest schools.  Meanwhile we root our butts off for the girls team to go all the way, no matter what's to come.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, ThunderCat98, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2024, 06:12:30 PM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2024, 06:15:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

This. When she does leave, promote the most experienced assistant.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2024, 06:17:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She?s a great D1 HC & former D2 HC.  If your good your good.  You win everywhere on your way up.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2024, 06:35:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Refer Dan for the job. lol

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2024, 06:35:19 PM »