Author Topic: Herdnation Twitter teasing a player has left the football team  (Read 2831 times)

Offline MU42

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nm

HerdFans.com

Offline jstherd

Re: Herdnation Twitter teasing a player has left the football team
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:37:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • True.

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline MU42

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 10:38:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • K Cole Phillips to Austin Peay because Vedvik beat him

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 10:43:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • These kids ain't loyal

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 10:55:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coaches should have got Ethan Reinke last year when they had the chance. 

Online whf

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 11:39:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought he was supposed to be the next coming...

Offline banker

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 11:44:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could have redshirted and been a 4 year starter.  Something tells me more to the story then just getting beat out.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Online herd2win

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 06:46:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is what the nations future looks like...give me everything without earning it or I quit....this generation has so much entitlement mindset...

The following users thanked this post: svherd, ed swain

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 07:08:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is what the nations future looks like...give me everything without earning it or I quit....this generation has so much entitlement mindset...

Well when for two to three years grown men fawn over these high school kids and beg them to come to their school on social media like they are the second coming what do you expect? Of course they all have over inflated egos and entitlement

The following users thanked this post: svherd, chris88

Offline llorabeth

• Rookie
    « Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Many media outlets set them up to fail. Putting them on an auspicious pedestal. This athlete had one season that's one - in HS. At a very small school. The pressure must have been horrendous for this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online svherd

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 08:03:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could have redshirted and been a 4 year starter.  Something tells me more to the story then just getting beat out.

Have to agree with this. We'll never know.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

What's not being said is Doc's history of a very high attrition rate. I agree with you, there's something more to this kid up and leaving. Why are so many Herd Fans surprised?

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »

Online MUonium

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • don't wanna play for MU, adios senorita!  anybody else want to leave, don't let the door ruffle ya panties

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 10:38:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • What's not being said is Doc's history of a very high attrition rate. I agree with you, there's something more to this kid up and leaving. Why are so many Herd Fans surprised?

Kickers are a different breed, so if he wasn't going to kick here he was moving, and to go to Clarkesville TN??  that may be the biggest dump in America!!!  Let alone what Austin Peay has to offer.   I cant put this one on Doc.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 11:13:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kickers are a different breed, so if he wasn't going to kick here he was moving, and to go to Clarkesville TN??  that may be the biggest dump in America!!!  Let alone what Austin Peay has to offer.   I cant put this one on Doc.

I'm just saying Doc has a very high "attrition rate" there's no denying that.

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 01:05:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm just saying Doc has a very high "attrition rate" there's no denying that.

well the ones that have attrited don't have the will to win!!!  Those that stay will be champions!!!!  Cant wait!!!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 01:50:59 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kickers are a different breed, so if he wasn't going to kick here he was moving, and to go to Clarkesville TN??  that may be the biggest dump in America!!!  Let alone what Austin Peay has to offer.   I cant put this one on Doc.
    Obviously he he wanted to transfer down so he would be eligible immediately. Then I'm sure he wanted to go where the kicking job would be his. If you have NFL potential, they will find you. They won't find you if you don't get off the sidelines to kick.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline iherdya

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 01:52:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Obviously he he wanted to transfer down so he would be eligible immediately. Then I'm sure he wanted to go where the kicking job would be his. If you have NFL potential, they will find you. They won't find you if you don't get off the sidelines to kick.

dude, he's a true freshman

Offline HerdNerd in Cincy

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 02:33:57 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are people on here who feel like a kid's loyalty is being questioned.  We all have a long-standing love affair with all things Herd and it runs through our blood.  These teenage kids are looking to play college sports.  Period.

Several of my daughter's friends were recruited to play sports in college.  They considered the best deal, toured campus and if it felt ok they went with it.  And if it didn't work out because of playing time, academics, homesickness, extracurricular stuff outside class, whatever - they left.  It has nothing to do with loyalty or love of a school's tradition.

If it all fits, they'll give their all and develop a love for the school over time.  If a D1 football player needs to have a change of scenery, good for them and wish them well.  There is no hatred directed at Marshall as a school or a football program.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, cutmeopenibleedgreen, wasbarryb, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 05:59:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]4

Lol

He just left the biggest dump in America sorry to say.

Offline cutmeopenibleedgreen

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 06:07:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are people on here who feel like a kid's loyalty is being questioned.  We all have a long-standing love affair with all things Herd and it runs through our blood.  These teenage kids are looking to play college sports.  Period.

Several of my daughter's friends were recruited to play sports in college.  They considered the best deal, toured campus and if it felt ok they went with it.  And if it didn't work out because of playing time, academics, homesickness, extracurricular stuff outside class, whatever - they left.  It has nothing to do with loyalty or love of a school's tradition.

If it all fits, they'll give their all and develop a love for the school over time.  If a D1 football player needs to have a change of scenery, good for them and wish them well.  There is no hatred directed at Marshall as a school or a football program.

This. Couldn’t have said it better myself.
    "What day is it, son?" "Game Day." "What day?"  "Game Day!" "Thats Right! Time to play till the whistle blows!"

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 06:31:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol

He just left the biggest dump in America sorry to say.
    Said by someone who's never been to Austin Peay!!!  Huntington is a garden spot compared to that place.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 06:31:33 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well when for two to three years grown men fawn over these high school kids and beg them to come to their school on social media like they are the second coming what do you expect? Of course they all have over inflated egos and entitlement

Wasn't this dude our Parade All American signee?  Oh well, I guess this knocks last recruiting class rating from 10th in CUSA to about 12 or 13.

Its not just high school kids, unfortunately, Scotty.  Now these "major" big time programs are dropping offers on junior high kids.  Mr. Integrity down there in Bama reportedly just offered a big lineman in the 8th grade!!  No wonder these players feel that they are so entitled before they set one foot on the campus where they finally decide to play.  Least little thing doesn't go right or go their way, they can't cope with it and, bluntly, "suck it up", because they NEVER HAVE HAD TO!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:52 PM »