Author Topic: Moss to be traded? According to ESPN just maybe!  (Read 792 times)

Offline Huffnagel

Moss to be traded? According to ESPN just maybe!
« on: January 23, 2005, 07:53:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1973713
    Ravens might be possible destination

ESPN.com news services

Has Randy Moss played his last season in Minnesota?

A Vikings source has told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that there's a 60-40 chance the team will deal the controversial receiver in the offseason if it can find suitors willing to pay a handsome price.

Moss is not on the market yet in part because Vikings owner Red McCombs is hoping to sell the team by Super Bowl XXXIX, Mortensen reported.

Which teams might be willing to up the ante for Moss?

The Ravens are a possibility. Baltimore made an aborted play for Terrell Owens last offseason and coach Brian Billick used Moss' sensational season in 1998 when he caught 17 touchdown passes to propel himself to the Ravens job.

Moss didn't endear himself to his teammates in the final game of the season when he skulked off the field with 2 seconds left in a loss at Washington.

The following week in Minnesota's wild-card playoff victory at Green Bay, Moss pretended to pull down his pants and moon the crowd after scoring on a 34-yard touchdown pass from Daunte Culpepper in the fourth quarter.

Moss was fined $10,000 by the league for the gesture, but didn't show any remorse.

"Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand, to me?" said Moss, whose salary this season is $5.75 million. He then jokingly suggested he might perform a more vulgar celebration next time.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

HerdFans.com

« on: January 23, 2005, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline Thunders

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 11:28:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Of all the damn teams please God let it not be the Ravens!!!!  Of all the teams that need a WR more than the Ravens like the Jets or the Jags why does it have to be the Ravens!!  I hate the Ravens and it is almost as bad as him going to the Steelers!   I am a Browns fan and you can see how this would affect me.   Please God not the Ravens!! :-o
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline DJdaHERDfan

re: Moss
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 07:46:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Look for Moss to end up a Jet or Raider.

Pretty fitting for Moss to end up a Raider.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

HerdFans.com

re: Moss
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 07:46:02 AM »