Author Topic: Neither baseball nor softball score a single run  (Read 631 times)

Online MicDrass1

Neither baseball nor softball score a single run
« on: March 20, 2024, 09:33:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd bb - loses to wvu 15-0
    Herd sb - loses to #23 UK 7-0

HerdFans.com

Neither baseball nor softball score a single run
    « on: March 20, 2024, 09:33:08 PM »

Online marshallmark

Re: Neither baseball nor softball score a single run
    « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 09:59:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd bb - loses to wvu 15-0
    Herd sb - loses to #23 UK 7-0

I didn't get to watch much of the softball game but I watched the first 6 1/2 innings of the baseball game.  WVU is good, and MU is just outmatched currently.  Pitching was terrible all around.  A couple of local kids pitched and just didn't look very good. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 10:10:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't get to watch much of the softball game but I watched the first 6 1/2 innings of the baseball game.  WVU is good, and MU is just outmatched currently.  Pitching was terrible all around.  A couple of local kids pitched and just didn't look very good.

On St. Patrick's day; what 3 or so days ago; tOSU defeated the'WVU' roughly 26-11...
    We, MU, are new in this game; just now having a semblance of an on campus program and all; let's give our University 100 years of every dollar we can muster from the tax payers to support our new, upstart program, and compare our competitiveness...

Offline ThunderDent

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 11:40:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I went to the game. We need pitching in a bad way.
    They were just crushing whatever we threw at them.

There were prob 8 or so other Herd fans there I saw.

They put new turf in this year. Like ours a lot better.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 12:01:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone can research this statement:
    In order to build a successful college baseball program we will need to
    Fund and sponsor players and the team...
    It takes time, but we will need to build and cultivate community relationships and support. Community relations are both fun and very important....
    We definitely need coaching, recruitment and training...time will tell...
    When we play we can engage these elementals.
    If we win?
    If we lose?
    Or if we screw it's up?

Let's support this great effort we all are a part of...
    Let's never give an inch in supporting The Great Marshall University...if we can come this far alone; surely we can push and move forward to championships in/for our future...
    We Love Us!
    They Hate Us!
    We Are Marshall!🏆

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 04:49:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone can research this statement:
    In order to build a successful college baseball program we will need to
    Fund and sponsor players and the team...
    It takes time, but we will need to build and cultivate community relationships and support. Community relations are both fun and very important....
    We definitely need coaching, recruitment and training...time will tell...
    When we play we can engage these elementals.
    If we win?
    If we lose?
    Or if we screw it's up?

Let's support this great effort we all are a part of...
    Let's never give an inch in supporting The Great Marshall University...if we can come this far alone; surely we can push and move forward to championships in/for our future...
    We Love Us!
    They Hate Us!
    We Are Marshall!🏆

Dude the BS you spew sometimes.  They can meet us halfway.  The support will always be there if the fans feel they deserve it.  The people just bought them a new home.  Next move is theirs, imo.  Show they deserve it for something more than have an M on their caps and I'm sure the club investing will come.  The money and the wins are an arms race that will escalate a little from each side if they start having success.  Forcing it with no results will just make people bitter they threw money down the drain.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Offline ThunderDent

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 07:15:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMO, we were ahead of the curve by just an inch in men's soccer. Just enough to become a power there.

We are squarely behind the curve in baseball. Popularity, recruiting, facilities etc.
    Plus the added winter months to deal with compared to the South.

For WBB, behind the curve, but happy to be in the position we are, as this single year is prob the most popular women's basketball has been. But ours is all due to coaching hire/players. Obviously behind on facilities etc.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, puma

Online svherd

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 08:00:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When I look at our entire athletic program, I see every minor sport on an uptick. Either with improved competitiveness, new facilities, or both. The future looks bright. The issue being, the two money sports - football and men's b'ball are down and stinking it up. We gotta get that fixed.

Give Beals 2 more seasons to recruit and then we can judge. jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline whf

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 08:08:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All the four sports mentioned are places I want to be, great venues, and super effort coaches wanting to win and striving to find the players to do so, and keep doing it.  Spears gets A+ from me, as does the foundational work Hamrick strived to do, in all four of these sports, WBB, Softball, Baseball and Soccer.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, mu79grad

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2024, 08:19:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is my two cents on the issue of support.

The young men and women who are Sons and Daughters of Marshall just like we are deserve our support no matter what.

I am sure the Ivory soap pure percentage of them are giving us all they have. Whether they are Marshall quality athletes or not is not their fault. I am sure we all would have taken the offer they took if we were in their shoes.

For me, it is as simple as this, these Sons and Daughters of Marshall deserve all of the support WE can give them whether the administration or their coaches do the same or not.

I cannot and will not let them down.

The following users thanked this post: MU93, svherd

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2024, 11:35:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gotta score to win, but also expecting to have to score 5+ runs to win is concerning

Online chris88

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2024, 12:58:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One recruiting site I came across had our fall 2024 baseball signing class as # 88. Let's see what happens when help arrives. Softball also signed an impressive class for the fall and listening to Zerkle talk it seems she really knows the ins and outs of the game. Our facilities are now on par with our conference peers and the SBC is one of better leagues in country in both sports. We are, however, still at a disadvantage playing farther north but no so much that we can't compete for post season play as there is a good bit of talent relatively close by.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2024, 12:58:36 PM »

Online mu79grad

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2024, 02:16:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All the four sports mentioned are places I want to be, great venues, and super effort coaches wanting to win and striving to find the players to do so, and keep doing it.  Spears gets A+ from me, as does the foundational work Hamrick strived to do, in all four of these sports, WBB, Softball, Baseball and Soccer.

Glad you mentioned this whf.  I know that Mike Hamrick has received deserved criticism about the way he handled a good deal of his AD duties, however, you have to give him credit for reviving the talk about a baseball stadium.  He worked, after he was fired as AD, to continue to raise money for the stadium.  I thought it was a shame that Mike was not invited back to participate on Opening Day.  He probably would not have come to Huntington but out of courtesy, it would have been nice for MU to invite him to come back and take part in the festivities.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdFanJ

Offline coalherd

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2024, 01:02:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gotta score to win, but also expecting to have to score 5+ runs to win is concerning

No doubt, especially with our apparent pitching woes/deficiencies.  In 2 games with WVU thus far, HERD outscored something like 28-2!  We now have a new and quality facility and thus need to get more than a St. Cloud's Commons caliber team to play in it!!

Online mu79grad

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2024, 10:24:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No doubt, especially with our apparent pitching woes/deficiencies.  In 2 games with WVU thus far, HERD outscored something like 28-2!  We now have a new and quality facility and thus need to get more than a St. Cloud's Commons caliber team to play in it!!

With Carl Hewitt and others, we had some very good St. Cloud Commons teams!

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Online MidlandKnight

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2024, 08:35:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One recruiting site I came across had our fall 2024 baseball signing class as # 88. Let's see what happens when help arrives. Softball also signed an impressive class for the fall and listening to Zerkle talk it seems she really knows the ins and outs of the game. Our facilities are now on par with our conference peers and the SBC is one of better leagues in country in both sports. We are, however, still at a disadvantage playing farther north but no so much that we can't compete for post season play as there is a good bit of talent relatively close by.

Morgan has a really good class coming in on paper. Most of those kids play for well known travel ball teams that play in the upper level tournaments. Right now, IMHO, experience in being the HC is the only thing she needs. I noticed there have been a few times she should have challenged the umpires on calls, but chose not to. One was a blatant infield fly rule. In addition, she seems to stay too long with her pitchers. She doesn't have a Andi Williamson, or Sydney Nester on this staff. As a result, by the third time around good college hitters are going to have the advantage. The good thing is those will be fixed once she is more comfortable in her role. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2024, 08:35:23 AM »