Author Topic: Colorado State thumps UVA  (Read 756 times)

Online MicDrass1

Colorado State thumps UVA
« on: March 20, 2024, 04:10:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Colorado State led by D2 transfer - 23pts 11rbds / also has more D2 & D3 contributing to team

DD needs to get top D2 players and move his starters to end of bench or cut and move down to D2 & D3 benches.  We have D2 and D3 bench warmers.
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 04:13:23 AM by MicDrass1 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

Colorado State thumps UVA
    « on: March 20, 2024, 04:10:00 AM »

Online Flat Tire 2

Re: Colorado State thumps UVA
    « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 07:49:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FWIW: Both teams were 10th seeds. Not much of an upset, but I am surprised by the score. The devil is in the details.  UVA had a horrible night shooting 14-56 FG for 25% and 3-17 3PT 17.6%. CSU shot 55.3% FG. UVA got killed on the boards, 43-24. UVA has a history of not showing up in the first round. We will see how good CSU is in the next round.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401638580

Offline svherd

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 08:16:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What? D2 kids can't play here, they aren't good enough. LOL!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 08:46:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • UVA is so bad offensively talent does not matter. Marshall could play with them. Part of being able to get top tier D2 players is being a good program...Something Marshall isn't so keep dreaming on that one

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 09:41:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • UVA is so bad offensively talent does not matter. Marshall could play with them. Part of being able to get top tier D2 players is being a good program...Something Marshall isn't so keep dreaming on that one

Mu wouldn?t score 30pts on uva.  Uva would score more than 30 on Marshalls D

Offline bighat

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 09:41:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So we should not recruit D2 players but we should look at the good D2's that playing for someone else.

Offline MUther

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 10:08:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If your coach cannot evaluate talent, it doesn't matter what source he goes to for it.  If I don't know what water is, I may go to an oil well looking for it.  Doesn't mean I will find water there, either.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Herdalum94

Offline MUonium

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 11:19:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • first, i'd imagine DD is pretty well off financially.  but i think begrudging his average annual salary is sophomoric and has no place in the conversation.

if i were him- within the rules (i don't know the rules nowadays), i'd invest as much of my own money paying recruiting talent evaluators or even "celebrities" to get quality transfers to MU.  in other words, by any means possible within NCAA rules.  only one or two average transfers a recruiting cycle is not going to get it done in most years any more.

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 12:39:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't "begrudge" Dan a salary, he is just overpaid. I don't know many jobs, except for working for the government, where you keep your job with poor performance. I wonder if Spears sits down and does a evaluation with Dan after each season? He doesn't put in the hours needed to have a successful program;he will be 77 years olds in a few months and I am sure his stamina is dropping. For the money we are paying him, we could hire a much better coach. It is all about the wins and loses.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen, coalherd

Online jdonaccbus

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 02:19:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So we should not recruit D2 players but we should look at the good D2's that playing for someone else.

There is a huge difference in what we are talking about here.

People on this board are suggesting that we recruit QUALITY D2 players that have excelled at that level. For example, College of Charleston went 27-7 this season, qualified for the NCAA tournament and has two players that performed at the D2 level.....one from Nova Southeastern and the other from West Liberty. We have players on our roster that could not start for West Liberty or Nova Southeastern. I never understood why we didn't go after Bryce Butler from West Liberty. He is now at the College of Charleston. Guy would have been a tremendous help on both sides of the floor.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUonium, MicDrass1

Offline wltopper

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2024, 03:39:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is a huge difference in what we are talking about here.

People on this board are suggesting that we recruit QUALITY D2 players that have excelled at that level. For example, College of Charleston went 27-7 this season, qualified for the NCAA tournament and has two players that performed at the D2 level.....one from Nova Southeastern and the other from West Liberty. We have players on our roster that could not start for West Liberty or Nova Southeastern. I never understood why we didn't go after Bryce Butler from West Liberty. He is now at the College of Charleston. Guy would have been a tremendous help on both sides of the floor.
    I watched Joel Scott (CSU) play West Liberty last year in the D2 semifinals when he played for Black Hills State in the loss to WL.  His game log was very similar to last night against UVA. 
    Speaking of the College of Charleston they have virtually used West Liberty as their farm team over the last 3 years.  Dalton Bolen (1st Team all CAA), Pat Robinson III (6th man of the year CAA) and this year Bryce Butler (6th man of the year CAA).  C of C, although not a pressing team, plays fast and use 10 men in their rotation with only 1 player averaging over 24 minutes.  Fun offense to watch with 2 former D2 players starting and Byrce Butler playing around 21 minutes per game off the bench.

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 04:37:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is a huge difference in what we are talking about here.

Amazing some of these dumb arses can't understand this simple concept

Stevie Browning was a stud. Recruit similar D2 studs.

FFS people

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 04:37:17 PM »

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2024, 04:55:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Amazing some of these dumb arses can't understand this simple concept

Stevie Browning was a stud. Recruit similar D2 studs.

FFS people

I dare say an all-star team from the MEC would have clobbered Marshall this year. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, MicDrass1, herdfan129, herdorbust2

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #13 on: March 20, 2024, 05:12:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dare say an all-star team from the MEC would have clobbered Marshall this year.

Certainly possible 

Is that bad?

😂😂😂

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2024, 07:29:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whoever the best team in the MEC was this year would have clobbered Marshall.  Maybe the top 3

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2024, 08:44:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dare say an all-star team from the MEC would have clobbered Marshall this year.

Definitely. Would have been a complete embarrassment. The MEC is one of the top D2 conferences though. Typically get around 4 teams in the NCAT and have sent multiple teams to Final Four and even National Championship games.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline svherd

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 08:53:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Watching Oakland and UK. Oakland winning with 13 to go. Oaklands best player is a D2 transfer who has 8 three pointers so far.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MicDrass1

Offline svherd

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2024, 09:44:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oakland beats UK. That's their 14th P5 win since they turned D1. We don't have one in 11 plus years. Ugh!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2024, 12:01:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oakland beats UK. That's their 14th P5 win since they turned D1. We don't have one in 11 plus years. Ugh!

They have a coach.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2024, 01:13:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guys, don't forget that IIRC Oakland is a team that beat us in that Cayman Islands tourney this season!  Guys, Danny is just too old, or too stubborn, or BOTH, to realize the point about quality D2 players, and thus hangs on to his Losing recruiting strategy of constantly bring in raw, low talent High School players who "marginally" can be called "projects", and yet D'Antoni and his staff don't have the Coaching props, ability, etc., to DEVELOP said recruits!!!  Really SAD!  SAD and PATHETIC!!
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 02:03:22 AM by coalherd »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2024, 01:46:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hire the best D2 coach there is and let him work

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2024, 08:07:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hire the best D2 coach there is and let him work

Marshall is D2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2024, 08:07:30 AM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2024, 08:18:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 14 Oakland beat 3 Kentucky.

11 NCState will now face 14 Oakland in the next round, both having upset their first opponents.

That's a pretty low seeded game for a round of 32. 

Colorado St got beat by Texas.

11 Duquesne beat 6 BYU
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 08:33:27 AM by MUther »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2024, 08:58:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall is D2

So he would recruit the most talented D2 players that can succeed heavily in D1, especially a weak SBC league.  Marshall is D2 D3 bench warmers.  DD should send them packing and free up more scholarships.  There is hardly any ppg,rpg, and apg.  Keep just martin and obinna only low Major d1 players on team. 
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 09:04:37 AM by MicDrass1 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2024, 08:58:06 AM »