Author Topic: Kitley in or out for VPI game..  (Read 1207 times)

Offline GreenSteve

Kitley in or out for VPI game..
« on: March 19, 2024, 07:08:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

HerdFans.com

Kitley in or out for VPI game..
    « on: March 19, 2024, 07:08:54 AM »

Offline chris88

Re: Kitley in or out for VPI game..
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 08:02:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She was ACC POY (22pts and 11 reb at 6'6) and VT won the ACC regular season, so if she plays they are a different team. 

Interesting that nobody from the NCAA reached out to check on her status since availability of injured players is one of the criteria listed for selection and seeding. Maybe VT is still tight lipped because coming out now and saying she is out would rankle a lot of other teams as the news would likely have taken VT out of top 16 and out of a home venue for first two rounds. That MIGHT be an indication that she is out. Who knows. If she does play, playing on a lower leg, ankle, of foot injury is not ideal when playing a team like MU. Either way MU is going to have to prepare as if she is playing and have a plan B if she is not.  If we don't shoot the ball better it likely won't matter :)
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 08:18:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Regardless, this is a Virginia Tech program that made it to the Final Four last season before losing to LSU by 7 points.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 11:14:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don?t think she plays rd 1

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 12:03:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Most of the Virginia Tech fans think there is no chance she plays in the first two games, nor do they think they'll need her.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 12:38:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Better not be too cocky. Upsets do happen.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 12:39:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Going forward, if MU hopes to play at this "level" year in and year out, meaning top postseason play, we will need to get more size on the inside in future recruits.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 12:46:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Going forward, if MU hopes to play at this "level" year in and year out, meaning top postseason play, we will need to get more size on the inside in future recruits.
    I agree. Need to give coach Caldwell a couple more recruiting classes. Once the word gets out what type of system we run, some players will want to come here, especially if we continue to win.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, coalherd

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 01:02:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree. Need to give coach Caldwell a couple more recruiting classes. Once the word gets out what type of system we run, some players will want to come here, especially if we continue to win.

Her marquis signing from last year is a 5' 9" guard from KY.  Her problem is that she only has 3 seniors so, I'm sure, she'll be very selective.  I did see where she offered Trinity Balog, a 5' 7" sharpshooter from Parkersburg. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, coalherd

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2024, 01:16:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Her marquis signing from last year is a 5' 9" guard from KY.  Her problem is that she only has 3 seniors so, I'm sure, she'll be very selective.  I did see where she offered Trinity Balog, a 5' 7" sharpshooter from Parkersburg.

Like that Coach is making recruiting top/good in State talent a priority.  Should, IMO, pay good dividends both ON and Off the floor in the future!!!

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2024, 01:43:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like that Coach is making recruiting top/good in State talent a priority.  Should, IMO, pay good dividends both ON and Off the floor in the future!!!

She's also offered several WV Thunder players, but I don't think any of them are for the '24 class.

I expect her to hit the portal for the last few scholarships.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2024, 01:47:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • nevermind
    « Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 01:50:37 PM by jdonaccbus »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2024, 01:47:57 PM »

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2024, 01:56:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline chris88

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2024, 08:40:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Her marquis signing from last year is a 5' 9" guard from KY.  Her problem is that she only has 3 seniors so, I'm sure, she'll be very selective.  I did see where she offered Trinity Balog, a 5' 7" sharpshooter from Parkersburg.

I think she has 4 minimum to give since Ro Scott was a sr that wasn't replaced. Balog averaged 24 ppg although not really super athletic. WV Thunder one of best AAU programs in country I was told by a coach in Cincy. Timberlynn Yeast was originally a Buffalo commit but a few things happened to make her and family decide to de-commit. She played with the Thunder in AAU ball but she was injured and didn't play at all her SR year but still had 2100 pts and 1000 rebounds as a HS player and was nominated for KY POY. MU RS her. Reminds me a bit of the older Hayes sister. I agree coach Kim likely to use portal to fill at least 2 of the 4 spots....assuming nobody else on roster leaves. Would be awesome if 2025 Shelbyville KY star ZaKiyah Johnson gave Mu some consideration. I think this first yr conf championship and NCAA appearence will open some recruiting doors.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, HerdEcon, luckytoes99, MicDrass1

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2024, 08:57:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think she has 4 minimum to give since Ro Scott was a sr that wasn't replaced. Balog averaged 24 ppg although not really super athletic. WV Thunder one of best AAU programs in country I was told by a coach in Cincy. Timberlynn Yeast was originally a Buffalo commit but a few things happened to make her and family decide to de-commit. She played with the Thunder in AAU ball but she was injured and didn't play at all her SR year but still had 2100 pts and 1000 rebounds as a HS player and was nominated for KY POY. MU RS her. Reminds me a bit of the older Hayes sister. I agree coach Kim likely to use portal to fill at least 2 of the 4 spots....assuming nobody else on roster leaves. Would be awesome if 2025 Shelbyville KY star ZaKiyah Johnson gave Mu some consideration. I think this first yr conf championship and NCAA appearence will open some recruiting doors.

Number five player in the nation. Never say never, but . . . Maybe if things don't work out wherever she decides to commit, but I wouldn't count on a player of her caliber committing here out of HS.

WV Thunder is one of the premier AAU groups in the country. I would expect Kim to stay in close contact with them. They just added Leah Macy earlier this year who is a top ten recruit in the 2025 class.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2024, 09:48:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need some size but im not sure how important it is with our style of play. We need skilled players with heart and grit.

Look what FAU men did with mainly guards on the floor.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: mu79grad, herdorbust2

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 11:39:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to Keith Morehouse and Luke Creasy who are at the NCAA press conference in Blacksburg, Kitley is out for the whole tournament.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88, luckytoes99

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2024, 11:58:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Virginia Tech Head Coach Kenny Brooks tells media All American Liz Kitley will not play vs. Marshall or in NCAA?s because of a lower leg injury

Offline chris88

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2024, 12:42:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Virginia Tech Head Coach Kenny Brooks tells media All American Liz Kitley will not play vs. Marshall or in NCAA?s because of a lower leg injury

This is dishonest IMO. They knew it the whole time imo and kept it hush hush to secure two home games. The fact that the NCAA didn't ask about her status is telling imo. Hopefully we play well and win and are able to get some of our fans there for Sunday.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline TXMarshallFan

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2024, 01:21:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is dishonest IMO. They knew it the whole time imo and kept it hush hush to secure two home games. The fact that the NCAA didn't ask about her status is telling imo. Hopefully we play well and win and are able to get some of our fans there for Sunday.

Gotta perserve that seeding from the committee... oh, our best player by far and the only reason we are here, well it will be a game time decision.  Oh, it is a torn ACL, with no chance of playing from the get go, that was probably diagnosed within 48 hours... well, gotta perserve that home court advantage, wink, wink.   

Not a big thing in the world of sports gambling but Vegas should void every bet made on the VT vs. Marshall game.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2024, 01:32:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • VT's other star player is good. She was a 3rd-team All-American & I actually think played better than Kitley in the NCAA tournament last season. They still have some players and size.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2024, 02:09:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rumors around Blacksburg is that VT's coach has interviewed for the Kentucky job. It appears they have some distractions.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2024, 02:09:52 PM »

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2024, 02:11:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is dishonest IMO. They knew it the whole time imo and kept it hush hush to secure two home games. The fact that the NCAA didn't ask about her status is telling imo. Hopefully we play well and win and are able to get some of our fans there for Sunday.

Like Vegas did after half our team got suspended before the UF football game ... NOT.  I tried to get my dough back but it was GONE lol ... with a good bit of help from Josh Davis.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2024, 02:15:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • VT's other star player is good. She was a 3rd-team All-American & I actually think played better than Kitley in the NCAA tournament last season. They still have some players and size.

Indeed she is good, IIRC leading them to a win in the ACC tnmt. ( without my looking ). After the ND star got hurt there are 4 or 5 ACC WBB teams that are roughly equal and of course relatively very good. But not unbeatable for us like VT would have been with Kitley.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline coalherd

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2024, 02:00:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gotta perserve that seeding from the committee... oh, our best player by far and the only reason we are here, well it will be a game time decision.  Oh, it is a torn ACL, with no chance of playing from the get go, that was probably diagnosed within 48 hours... well, gotta perserve that home court advantage, wink, wink.   

Not a big thing in the world of sports gambling but Vegas should void every bet made on the VT vs. Marshall game.
    \

Exactly.  Tech Coach Brooks in an interview (TV) this evening alluded that without Kitley, meaning if her injury status was revealed a lot earlier in time, TECH wouldn't  be where they are, meaning PLAYING a NCAA game at HOME!!!  Also, Tech has a back-up at center who is listed as 6'5"!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2024, 02:00:19 AM »