Author Topic: Garbage  (Read 712 times)

Offline herd2win

Garbage
« on: March 17, 2024, 06:43:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact that a team like Indiana State gets left out of the tournament and Michigan State with a 19-14 record gets a 9th seed.  Just shows that we have only 1 way in and that is to win the conference.

HerdFans.com

Garbage
    « on: March 17, 2024, 06:43:53 PM »

Offline muherd34

Re: Garbage
    « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 06:55:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact that a team like Indiana State gets left out of the tournament and Michigan State with a 19-14 record gets a 9th seed.  Just shows that we have only 1 way in and that is to win the conference.

We most definitely have only 1 way in.  Sbc is bad in bball.

Offline Tim Hensley

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 07:20:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So politicized.  I can't see UNC as a No. 1 seed.  What's all this love for the Mountain West?  Hate that for Indiana State.  We just went from one one-bid league to another.  Go James Madison!

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 07:22:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MWC got 6 in. It's all about having a conference that schedules well OOC and then plays well against it.

Never expecting the SBC to approach that level, and some of those MWC schools have some very rich basketball history, but their level of resources isn't THAT much higher. The SBC needs to get a lot better from top to bottom.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, svherd, herdorbust2, FilmJunky

Offline Refiners

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 07:36:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe Appy State was more deserving than Indiana State

Online coalherd

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2024, 07:40:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Isn't that what the SBC Commissioner been preaching?  Of course, if you have very many conference schools like MU with a head coach like "Cupcake" Dan who pads his OOC schedule with a lot of "dogs" in order to keep his overall record ABOVE .500, then it is hard to try and improve the League's overall NET rankings, among others, in order to try and get MORE than one bid for League teams!  And as most of us know, or should know by now, after 10 years of "Hillbilly" Ball, it is ALL about what is "best for Danny", and NOT about what is best for MARSHALL and its Men's Basketball Program!!

Offline WindMillersDad

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2024, 07:40:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sbc is bad in bball.

OK THEN ..... WHERE DO WE GO ?????

Offline chris88

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2024, 07:48:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OK THEN ..... WHERE DO WE GO ?????

Encourage the league teams to get rid of coaches who have no actionable ambition to be a top 100 program
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline muherd34

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2024, 08:21:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Encourage the league teams to get rid of coaches who have no actionable ambition to be a top 100 program

Yup, sbc has raised football up.  I?m sure they on focused to making it better in bball.  But as of right now, there is only one way for an sbc team to get in and that is to win  the conference tournament.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024, 10:40:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OK THEN ..... WHERE DO WE GO ?????

Go?

Nowhere. Get a new Fing coach and we can run the Sun Belt

The following users thanked this post: svherd, ru4mu2, herdorbust2

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2024, 10:57:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe Appy State was more deserving than Indiana State
    Not sure about that.  Indiana State NET ranking was in the upper 20s.  27 I believe.  They got screwed.

The following users thanked this post: FilmJunky

Offline MUther

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2024, 11:10:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So politicized.  I can't see UNC as a No. 1 seed.  What's all this love for the Mountain West?  Hate that for Indiana State.  We just went from one one-bid league to another.  Go James Madison!

Sun Belt was a football move.  I don't think anyone was disillusioned that it was a step down in basketball, but the conference we left no longer exists, anyway, as it did.  I'd rather be in the SBC for football, soccer, softball, baseball, and wbb than the new CUSA for anything.  Until we're wining the league on a regular basis there is no point worrying about the lack of SBC MBB prestige.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, mu79grad, herd2win, Flat Tire 2, herdfifteen, puma

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2024, 11:10:34 PM »

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2024, 08:17:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Indiana State schedule didn't do themselves any favors. I will give them credit since they did play two big time programs (Dan please take note). They lost to Bama on the road 102-80 and they lost to Michigan State 87-75 on the road. I can see why MSU was picked over ISU, but maybe another team might be a better choice?

I had one fan tell me that Marshall should have been included in the Big Dance last year. I just shook my head after he made the statement. The NCAA is not going to reward a low mid major when they play an easy schedule, one of the practice boys needs to relay that information to dan. When you play in a weak conference like the SBC, you need to have a good OOC schedule to overcome your weak conference schedule.
    « Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:23:56 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, herdorbust2

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2024, 10:46:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Indiana State schedule didn't do themselves any favors. I will give them credit since they did play two big time programs (Dan please take note). They lost to Bama on the road 102-80 and they lost to Michigan State 87-75 on the road. I can see why MSU was picked over ISU, but maybe another team might be a better choice?

I had one fan tell me that Marshall should have been included in the Big Dance last year. I just shook my head after he made the statement. The NCAA is not going to reward a low mid major when they play an easy schedule, one of the practice boys needs to relay that information to dan. When you play in a weak conference like the SBC, you need to have a good OOC schedule to overcome your weak conference schedule.

We would go 6-24 if DD schedules OOC tough

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2024, 10:49:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We would go 6-24 if DD schedules OOC tough

Can you imagine next years schedule? It's gonna be a doozy!!!

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2024, 11:03:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There's a lot of things that go into it. Rankings being one and then strength of schedule. SBC is very very top heavy or was this year anyways. If JMU would have got beat by App state in the champ game they likely would have been in line for an at large consideration. Fact of the matter is for a conference like the sun belt to get 2 teams in they have to schedule some tougher OOC games and actually win and the bottom half of the conference needs to get better

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2024, 11:03:33 AM »