Author Topic: How come no ?statement? released?  (Read 1565 times)

Offline MUonium

Re: How come no ?statement? released?
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2024, 11:42:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Smith, Spears, and anybody else important know the overall ramifications of keeping or firing a legacy coach or any coach who has failed.  they have the numbers, they have the pulse of the situation.  have they yet performed the post-year interview with DD?  probably carefully deciding on a response, how that response is delivered and when.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2024, 11:42:40 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2024, 11:43:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems to me the administration is sweeping the men's basketball program under the rug for now, rather than try to justify bringing back a 77-year old coach who should retire.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain, miltonherdfan

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2024, 12:29:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems to me the administration is sweeping the men's basketball program under the rug for now, rather than try to justify bringing back a 77-year old coach who should retire.

You surprised, the department didn't say anything when after Huffs dumb comments that went national.
    They sure are not going to say anything about Dan, but it is out of Spears hands anyways.

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2024, 12:39:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's face it, DD is here for the next two seasons, whether we want him to be or not.  Marshall has sold their souls to the D'Antoni family and the fanbase is suffering for it. 

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, ed swain, miltonherdfan

Online herdloyal

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2024, 12:47:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The remedy is for Mike to come and reestablish a solid BB program period. That for me would justify a Dantoni legacy further with Marshall!
    That is the only legacy solution acceptable no matter what anybody says because DD took the offer and brought a High School Coach mentality to the college game. If you want MBB to be great go get the best Marshall hasn?t done that yet. Mike can come and take us to the top and remove the underachiever we have been experiencing for 10 yrs. Brother no brother their legacy is tarnished. Mike has winning teams in the NBA. Players trust him as well as team owners. That, says volumes! He can bring us 3-5 good respectable years or more.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2024, 12:59:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't need a statement if he is under contract. Just try and sweep it under the rug and pretend nothing bad is happening with the MBB program.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2024, 01:29:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff is in year 4 trying to build. Dan has been here 10+ years and has regressed.

Nothing personal, But Dan needs to go. The new coach of the women?s program has proven how quickly things can be turned around.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, Buffalo Bop, muherd34, ed swain, Flat Tire 2

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2024, 01:37:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think football is going to be very interesting this year. It's all going to depend how quickly the guys learn this fast paced offense I've been reading about. I'm thinking three losses. Ohio State and probably two conference losses. I think we can beat Virginia Tech in Blacksburg.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2024, 01:37:22 PM »