HerdFans.com

Yulee
    « on: August 21, 2020, 02:27:41 PM »

Offline svherd

Re: Yulee
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 02:29:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck to him. I doubt he ever plays again or gets clearance. I think the staff offered him a GA position. Obviously he feels he can still play.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline NerdHaitian

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 02:31:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope he's an organ donor.

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

Offline herdgrad04

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 02:45:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]7
  • I’m tired of Doc running all the good players away.  I hope we lose every game this year so he is gone!
    GO HERD OR GO HOME!!!

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline whf

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 02:45:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am confident he saw his future on the gridiron, and still desires to be an NFL player for fun and profit. I can't blame him for seeking that out, but sincerely hope he has listened to those who medically are recommending a second surgery and not playing at this time.  Then again, didn't we have a DE who could "never play again" and went to Maryland or somewhere and played two more years.

Offline whf

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 02:47:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’m tired of Doc running all the good players away.  I hope we lose every game this year so he is gone!
    You do know the issue with Yulee, right?  This is a health issue, no way would Doc not want Yulee playing here.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 02:51:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Educate yourself to the issue.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline herd2win

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 04:16:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc haters going to be haters...this was not a Doc decision.  Love Yulee and wish him well with whatever he chooses to do..

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 04:19:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really like this kid, but I hope he stays safe and does not play.  We've had other players get medicals and try to transfer.  I wish him well.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 04:31:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc haters going to be haters...this was not a Doc decision.  Love Yulee and wish him well with whatever he chooses to do..
    I'm certainly not a Doc fan but this in no way on him
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: scherd, parshall2marshall, svherd, Johns1124, ed swain, Flat Tire 2

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 07:14:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn’t he just complaining on Twitter how he wanted Marshall to pay for another surgery?  Now he’s transferring.  I think mu doctors weren’t going to clear him so he just decided to leave.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, Herdmeister, Johns1124

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 08:00:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn’t he just complaining on Twitter how he wanted Marshall to pay for another surgery?  Now he’s transferring.  I think mu doctors weren’t going to clear him so he just decided to leave.
    Exactly. If you noticed he was never on the 2020 roster
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 08:00:36 PM »

Offline ed swain

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 08:37:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With his recent tweets about Green and Hodges it may be best for him and the team that he is trying to leave.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 09:28:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Someone can possibly correct this, but my understanding after listening and interacting with Zach Smith is Marshall doctors are extremely conservative in their clearance of injuries. Not a bad thing.

I appreciate what he brought to the table. Losing Larry, then having his friends leave or get kicked off and then the neck injury makes for a rough couple of years for someone who had a world of potential coming in. He’s also a really good dude whether you like his opinion or not.

In the world of next man up Beckett and Cavicante always seemed to be the two we would roll with and Anderson backing them up. Yulee will turn to the Kent Turene what could have been, but wish him well and solid with the talent at LB we have.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herd1990

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 11:03:28 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • 3 things here for me.  And let me preface everything I’m about to say by letting everyone know that nobody cares for Doc less than me.  I wish he’d have left years ago.

#1.  I work in the world of Spine Surgery.  Every day.  I know Yulee needed a second surgery and my guess is this time it was a Posterior Cervical Fusion.  Just a guess.  And I can tell you there is now way he can ever play linebacker again.  Just won’t happen.  I know Peyton Manning had both surgeries that Yulee needs.  He played again.  But he’s a QB.  And playing posed a significant risk.  But a linebacker is a whole other challenge.  No way a doctor ever clears him to play.  Sucks but it’s the safest choice.

#2.  I don’t know the status of Yulee’s scholarship at Marshall.  But it appears from his tweets that they took his money. If so, that’s beyond reprehensible!  If the dude needed another surgery, Marshall should pay.  And his Scholarship should be honored.  If he chooses to transfer to another school in an attempt to play, that’s his choice.  Not a wise one in my mind, but it’s his life and his choice.

#3.  I’ll always be grateful for all he gave to our school.  Dude broke his neck and probably ended his career trying to help us win.  He will always have my respect.  Hope his life is full of joy, promise and happiness.
    « Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:06:26 PM by herd1990 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, whf, ThunderValley, herdfan129

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2020, 02:02:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hs NFL hopeful.  Injured.  A football player 4 life.  It’s in his blood.  Wants to play.  Chase your dreams Yulee!  The player to temple got an nfl chance but couldn’t plsy here.  Where is D. Rupp.
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 02:06:10 AM by MicDrass1 »

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2020, 06:03:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yulee is/was a great ambassador to Marshall. I don't think you get 5 guys in a lifetime who are better ambassadors and all-around great guys.

IMHO "Beyond reprehensible" for not paying for his latest surgery is not a strong enough term. That being said, I am 100% behind Marshall's apparent decision never to clear him to play. The risk is probably just too great.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, Taft#1

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2020, 07:21:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Playing devils advocate why should Marshall pay for the next surgery if the first one worked. If the Marshall sports medicine team does t feel like it’s save for him to play even with the next surgery they have no obligation to pay for it. 

Offline herd2win

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We all live Yulee but I would venture a guess that no one on this board has seen his medical records.  That means none of us are qualified to be critical of MU and how it has handled the situation.  We do know this has nothing to do with Doc.

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline whf

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2020, 08:55:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We also know he was offered a GA position to help him continue his education. GA, has he already graduated?

Offline herd1990

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2020, 09:58:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Playing devils advocate why should Marshall pay for the next surgery if the first one worked. If the Marshall sports medicine team does t feel like it’s save for him to play even with the next surgery they have no obligation to pay for it.

He wouldn’t need a second surgery if the first one worked.  I don’t think the second surgery is so he can play.  I would guess it is so he can regain his quality of life as much as possible.  And most likely because there is still either pain or instability related issues.  And Marshall should pay because it happened while he was playing for our team.  Pretty simple really.
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 10:00:53 AM by herd1990 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #21 on: August 22, 2020, 10:20:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am confident he saw his future on the gridiron, and still desires to be an NFL player for fun and profit. I can't blame him for seeking that out, but sincerely hope he has listened to those who medically are recommending a second surgery and not playing at this time.  Then again, didn't we have a DE who could "never play again" and went to Maryland or somewhere and played two more years.

It was Temple and one year as a platoon player with no notable impact.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2020, 10:20:42 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2020, 10:32:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The first one didn’t fuse properly. That’s why the need for a second surgery. This was reported in the HD earlier this year. I would guess after his 6 month check up. I have had two fusions. Each worked but you have to go back after 6 months for X rays and tests to make sure the vertebrae are fusing.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, elginherd

Online elginherd

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• The first one didn’t fuse properly. That’s why the need for a second surgery. This was reported in the HD earlier this year. I would guess after his 6 month check up. I have had two fusions. Each worked but you have to go back after 6 months for X rays and tests to make sure the vertebrae are fusing.

So even if his second surgery is successful, should Yulee play anyway? And, as someone else noted, at LB??
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline herd1990

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2020, 10:46:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So even if his second surgery is successful, should Yulee play anyway? And, as someone else noted, at LB??

I can’t imagine any doctor would grant the necessary medical clearance.   Too much liability for the school and too much risk for Yulee.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2020, 10:46:08 AM »