Author Topic: FAU are you kidding me?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline herdorbust

FAU are you kidding me?
« on: October 21, 2017, 08:05:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 69-17 with the 4th quarter left. They have 408 yds rushing and 357 passing after 3 quarters? Almost 800 yds in 3 quarters against the top team in the west? I thought Kiffin would make them better but not this fast. I'm speechless at what they are doing the last few weeks.

HerdFans.com

FAU are you kidding me?
    « on: October 21, 2017, 08:05:42 PM »

Offline goherd24

Re: FAU are you kidding me?
    « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 08:15:54 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • 69-17 with the 4th quarter left. They have 408 yds rushing and 357 passing after 3 quarters? Almost 800 yds in 3 quarters against the top team in the west? I thought Kiffin would make them better but not this fast. I'm speechless at what they are doing the last few weeks.

I can't say it enough. Coaching alone is far more important in college football than having star players, as long as you have serviceable talent. For the vast majority of college athletes at that level, there is not a lot of difference talent or ability wise. Its about coaching. Putting them in the best place to be successful, attacking opponents weaknesses, while playing to your strengths.

Given talent that is in the same ball park as an opponent, coaching wins the majority of those games, and even some when the talent gap is immense.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdfan129

Offline Apollo

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 08:20:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Listening to those announcers make it hard to watch though lol. I hope we have better for our game. The old guy's bias for FAU shows every time he breathes and the young guy guys voice is almost as bad as this girls....

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 08:21:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My preseason L pick to FAU was just a hunch. But that we would still win the East & Conference. Now, that scenario doesn't seem possible, and was not really likely anyhow.

But it could still happen - I could see a 3-way tie between MU, FAU, and WKU sharing the East with 1 loss a piece. With MU winning the East on tiebreaks, if we hold serve against the rest of the East and the West. Not an easy task by any means. We have to pull for WKU next week, ugh.

p2m

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 08:25:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's gonna be fun watching our D against their O. Which will win out? Must see for sure. But it seems like their offense is getting better by leaps and bounds every week. This will be one fun game to watch and the kind of opponent I have been longing for.  I can't wait.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 08:51:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • We can beat them. My worry is the weather.

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 08:56:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I could see a 3-way tie between MU, FAU, and WKU sharing the East with 1 loss a piece.

Not mathematically possible.  WKU lost to La Tech, and there’s still al three games left between FAU, WKU, and Marshall, so the most 1-loss teams possible are two.

FAU plays at WKU next week.  If WKU loses, they will be de facto eliminated.

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • We can beat them. My worry is the weather.

I agree we can. This is the same team that lost to Buffalo and only beat MTSU by 18.  Gave up 28 points to Old Dominion.  Today they had over 400 yards rushing.  They will not get anywhere closer to that.  I worry more about the game being on Friday night on national tv and they being a little crazy.  However I think the environment will be great for our guys as they thrive in a stadium more crowded tHan a HS game. It should be a fun game but first we must take care of FIU. 

The following users thanked this post: Herdfan2005

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 09:14:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree we can. This is the same team that lost to Buffalo and only beat MTSU by 18.  Gave up 28 points to Old Dominion.  Today they had over 400 yards rushing.  They will not get anywhere closer to that.  I worry more about the game being on Friday night on national tv and they being a little crazy.  However I think the environment will be great for our guys as they thrive in a stadium more crowded tHan a HS game. It should be a fun game but first we must take care of FIU.

Uh, they are not the same team that played buffalo. They have rushed for 900 yds the last 2 weeks. Nine hundred!!!! And 3 weekscago rushed for almost 300.so they have avg 400 yds the last 3 weeks rushing. And they threw for 357 tonight also. They are coming on fast offensively.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 09:24:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have the best D they will see all year. We have the fastest D they will see all year. I like us vs them

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Herdfan2005

Offline dshoe

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I can't say it enough. Coaching alone is far more important in college football than having star players, as long as you have serviceable talent. For the vast majority of college athletes at that level, there is not a lot of difference talent or ability wise. Its about coaching. Putting them in the best place to be successful, attacking opponents weaknesses, while playing to your strengths.

Given talent that is in the same ball park as an opponent, coaching wins the majority of those games, and even some when the talent gap is immense.
    No it is not!!!  but it can make a huge difference in the first year.........Attitude and Motivation (coupled with confidence) can do sooooo much, but it doesn't last with out players

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Online herd1990

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have the best D they will see all year. We have the fastest D they will see all year. I like us vs them
    Yeah our D is better than Wisconsin   :-\

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:43 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 09:38:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One thing is for sure. We will know how good our D is after this game. I know we have a good D. But i am not convinced we have a great D. We just havent had a chance to play anyone good except nc st and they scored 37. We will know in 2 weeks.

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 09:58:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Uh, they are not the same team that played buffalo. They have rushed for 900 yds the last 2 weeks. Nine hundred!!!! And 3 weekscago rushed for almost 300.so they have avg 400 yds the last 3 weeks rushing. And they threw for 357 tonight also. They are coming on fast offensively.

So. We are not the same team as the Charlotte game.  They still gave up 31 points today.   And they beat MTSU by 18 in Florida.  Will it be a tough game? Sure but it isn’t like they are Alabama.   Our guys will be focused and ready but I want them worried about FIU first.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One thing is for sure. We will know how good our D is after this game. I know we have a good D. But i am not convinced we have a great D. We just havent had a chance to play anyone good except nc st and they scored 37. We will know in 2 weeks.

Is FAU's offense better than NC State's?  I don't think so, so I doubt they put up more than 37 points.

My concern is that Doc and Legg seem to be constitutionally incapable of coaching the team into scoring more than 40 points in a ball game, and they may have to do that here.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, The E-Man

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2017, 10:16:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Impressive numbers, but I'm still not scared of them. I know North Texas was getting pumped up, but who have they even beat to deserve it. Who has anyone in this league beat? Go look at the schedules, not.a single team has beat anyone worth noting (including us). Rather than FAU being awesome, it is more likely North Texas is not very good. The majority of this conference is not good. In the end we might find out that one or two of us is good, but who knows now. I'm not saying we won't blow a game, but we should win out.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 10:22:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah our D is better than Wisconsin   :-\

They are ranked 6 in total D we are ranked 22nd. They played one team in the top 50 in total O. FAU at 48. We played NC State at 24. Scoring D they are 5 we are 8. Rushing D they are 4 we are 19.

Before I hear competition.. they played Maryland on their 3rd string QB. Purdue just lost to Rutgers, who knows what Northwestern is. I know Wisconsin is Wisconsin by name but statistically we match up well. Don’t know a ton on their personnel but I know we play a ton of different players at all three levels. When it comes to stopping the run we will be fine.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 12:17:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Uh, they are not the same team that played buffalo. They have rushed for 900 yds the last 2 weeks. Nine hundred!!!! And 3 weekscago rushed for almost 300.so they have avg 400 yds the last 3 weeks rushing. And they threw for 357 tonight also. They are coming on fast offensively.

So OFFENSE is the only thing, herdorbust?  Let's look at college basketball, for example.  Both Ohio State and Pittsburgh displayed a SHITLOAD of offense, and scored a ton of points, against the Herd last season, and both those teams were CRAP!!!

Offline coalherd

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 12:30:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Impressive numbers, but I'm still not scared of them. I know North Texas was getting pumped up, but who have they even beat to deserve it. Who has anyone in this league beat? Go look at the schedules, not.a single team has beat anyone worth noting (including us). Rather than FAU being awesome, it is more likely North Texas is not very good. The majority of this conference is not good. In the end we might find out that one or two of us is good, but who knows now. I'm not saying we won't blow a game, but we should win out.

Prior to this week's game, North Texas was giving up 32 points a game, with a season low of 14 surrendered to Lamar.  FAU was the third team to score over 40 points against them this year.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 06:55:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No it is not!!!  but it can make a huge difference in the first year.........Attitude and Motivation (coupled with confidence) can do sooooo much, but it doesn't last with out players

They returned 18 starters including a jr QB...its why he took the job

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Going into yesterday's game the announcers were saying they needed to work on their passing game. If they have to rely on the run I certainly like our chances. The hurry up is tougher to defend and one reason is it tires teams out, but our depth of quality players makes that much less of an issue. It is always dangerous to look at a teams best performance and judge an entire season on it, I like Heater and our chances.

The following users thanked this post: jstherd, The E-Man, Scottyo614, RVCJJ3J

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 11:15:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree we can. This is the same team that lost to Buffalo and only beat MTSU by 18.  Gave up 28 points to Old Dominion.  Today they had over 400 yards rushing.  They will not get anywhere closer to that.  I worry more about the game being on Friday night on national tv and they being a little crazy.  However I think the environment will be great for our guys as they thrive in a stadium more crowded tHan a HS game. It should be a fun game but first we must take care of FIU.

Will it be more crowded than a high school game though?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 11:15:39 AM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 11:55:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Prior to this week's game, North Texas was giving up 32 points a game, with a season low of 14 surrendered to Lamar.  FAU was the third team to score over 40 points against them this year.

That is very telling and kind of puts things into perspective a bit. Not taking anything away from FAU's offense, scoring that many points on anyone is impressive.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline herdfan129

`
    « Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 11:57:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Will it be more crowded than a high school game though?

This is usually a home game for us in terms of fans in the stadium. I'm hoping this is the same way, but this is also the first time there has been excitement there in a while. I'm sure they will pump this game up with promotions and such. Plus we might be ranked by then.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 12:24:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have a great defense.  If we are healthy and the offense shows up we win.  If Doc & Legg revert to old habits of game management and play calling we lose.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 12:24:42 PM »