Author Topic: Kim meeting her new team  (Read 1335 times)

Offline herdfan93

Kim meeting her new team
« on: April 09, 2024, 12:28:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064319243707&sk=reels_tab&__cft__[0]=AZVBScAYztICY7iBTvGJRdcT0dSEnK6TG8s_9B9atX-eI6lUdPyAtIIrBATeV6ogO3HpWO1qWhJ9qiG-srY0D9NnSUtTX_HshvoKOSryb9ydk8shqHoZ83_RLQqvYQzsGmeyLez_K8rChcp_htrgnWM3BMtgohJCiV1syNz8yuWC92z1_-oJCYtaK3WID4csHiBv0_MG0LMA5vPm6WHq9a5kDHV-36pp1Ft_UMaIZpWrjQ&__tn__=-]

Click videos

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

Kim meeting her new team
    « on: April 09, 2024, 12:28:53 AM »

Offline herdloyal

Re: Kim meeting her new tea
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 11:37:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let it go she is gone! The damage is done we were just a stepping stone. Now the WBB has to rebuild once again on a clean slate. The only way forward is to build with the right HC hire and players who can become a team to beat the likes of KC teams and other teams and win the NCAA Championship for Marshall. How sweet would that be? I never will bring $ to the table unless that?s the vision and goal for Marshall.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 12:05:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let it go she is gone! The damage is done we were just a stepping stone. Now the WBB has to rebuild once again on a clean slate. The only way forward is to build with the right HC hire and players who can become a team to beat the likes of KC teams and other teams and win the NCAA Championship for Marshall. How sweet would that be? I never will bring $ to the table unless that?s the vision and goal for Marshall.

Keep dreaming then...

Offline ru4mu2

Re: Kim meeting her new team
    « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 01:48:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Presser at 2:00.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 04:54:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't follow Tennessee sports therefore I really don't care what Kim Caldwell does now. I wish her the best but she is no longer on my radar.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 05:24:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't follow Tennessee sports therefore I really don't care what Kim Caldwell does now. I wish her the best but she is no longer on my radar.

I'll probably check them out for a season just to see her system in the SEC and if it works at that level.  Not abut her as much as just seeing how transferable the style is.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 05:26:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I am not a Tennessee follower either - but I am going to follow KC and her venture..........  as well as Marshall!
    S M I L E -

Offline MUonium

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 06:01:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "i wouldn't be here if i thought we couldn't do it here" (pace, run&shoot, substitute, press all-the-time)

she certainly handled herself with down-to-earth confidence.  sounds like she's gonna force her will come hell or high water.

that AD seriously recruited for that record and style of play.  expectations (Caldwell's and certainly everybody elses in TN) are like a hot sizzlin tin roof next to a forest fire.

did i hear correctly, the 4 or 5th head coach all time?  that's almost unheard of i'd think

The following users thanked this post: mu79grad

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 06:25:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She's going to a great athletic department. Can you imagine hovering around the top 10 in Football, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Baseball, Softball year in and year out...that is pretty much Tennessee sports at the moment. Top 5 fan support in country. Joining probably the greatest sports program (Lady Vols) to ever exist (a more consistent history of winning than the Yankees, Alabama football, the Lakers, the Celtics, Duke, Kentucky, etc.). Happy for her.

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 06:28:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "i wouldn't be here if i thought we couldn't do it here" (pace, run&shoot, substitute, press all-the-time)

she certainly handled herself with down-to-earth confidence.  sounds like she's gonna force her will come hell or high water.

that AD seriously recruited for that record and style of play.  expectations (Caldwell's and certainly everybody elses in TN) are like a hot sizzlin tin roof next to a forest fire.

did i hear correctly, the 4 or 5th head coach all time?  that's almost unheard of i'd think
    4th coach in Lady Vols history. And the AD stated the expectations are to get back to winning National Championships. Will be interesting to see how this works out for her. The pressure is really on now.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 06:30:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

that AD seriously recruitedr work in the for e up anthat record and style of play.  expectations (Caldwell's and certainly everybody elses in TN) are like a hot sizzlin tin roof next to a forest fire.
    did i hear correctly, the 4 or 5th head coach d watch.  all time?  that's almost unheard of i'd think
    d

The sportswriter who asked that question had written an article basically saying her style would never work in the almighty SEC.  She told him in no uncertain terms to buckle up and watch.  A perfect reply!

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, parshall2marshall, Collis P

Offline herd2win

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 06:40:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would never bet against her.  She has a major challenge but although hate that she is gone, would love to see her beat South Carolina.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 06:40:11 PM »

Offline herdloyal

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 07:13:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep dreaming then...

You probably said the same thing about MLK?s ?I have a Dream Speech?!

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2024, 09:18:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She's going to a great athletic department. Can you imagine hovering around the top 10 in Football, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Baseball, Softball year in and year out...that is pretty much Tennessee sports at the moment. Top 5 fan support in country. Joining probably the greatest sports program (Lady Vols) to ever exist (a more consistent history of winning than the Yankees, Alabama football, the Lakers, the Celtics, Duke, Kentucky, etc.). Happy for her.

She?s done great.  1/2 Herd fans didn?t want her bc was at D2.  Now HC of Lady Vols!  Winners win!!

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2024, 09:21:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Joining probably the greatest sports program (Lady Vols) to ever exist (a more consistent history of winning than the Yankees, Alabama football, the Lakers, the Celtics, Duke, Kentucky, etc.). Happy for her.

Tennessee isn't even the greatest women's college basketball program. That would be UConn.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 09:48:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tennessee isn't even the greatest women's college basketball program. That would be UConn.

Not in terms of being constantly good since inception, which is exactly what I was referring to. Yes UConn has had more top end (Final Fours & Championships) success and more recent success. I mean the Yankees have way more championships, but that's not what I was pointing out.

Tennessee has been ranked every year of their 43 year NCAA existence, with a mind boggling 60% of that time in the top 5! UConn wasn't ranked for pretty much the first 9 years (the 80's), and was pretty bad their first 5, of their 43 year existence. So almost 25% of UConn's history (which is a big chunk) is significantly less impressive then TN WB. There is no sports team that exists, including UConn WB, that has had as much consistent success from inception until now as TN WB. They ARE the greatest sports program of all time at any level in terms of being really good for the entirety of their existence. TNWB has never really had a bad year. Has never been under .500 (outside of 1 year has never been under .600)...unlike UConn. Can you imagine finishing 19-13 as being your worst record of all time?

TN: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/tennessee/women/
    UConn: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/connecticut/women/
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 08:35:19 AM by THECHAMPISHERE »

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline chris88

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2024, 08:12:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tennessee has been ranked every year of their 43 year NCAA existence, with a mind boggling 60% of that time in the top 5! UConn wasn't ranked for pretty much the first 9 years (the 80's) of their 43 year existence. So yeah, there is no sports team that exists, including UConn WB, that has had as much consistent success from inception until now as TN WB. They ARE the greatest sports program of all time at any level.

I'll give it to you that UConn is likely the second best College WB program of all time, but they are not even a close second as 25% of their history is significantly less impressive the TN WB.   

TN: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/tennessee/women/
    UConn: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/connecticut/women/

I guess it depends on what your barometer of success is. Fact is Uconn has more Natl champs and did it in an era where the competition is much tougher and the game has many more top programs, coaches, players, and exposure.  UT had amazing success under Summit but, in a way, kind of like Montreal Canadians winning all those Stanley Cups when there were 6 teams. The Lady Vols haven't been to Final Four since when? And won it all since when?

I love KC and hope she succeeds. But, for me, I'm staying away from all the media exposure because it is a painful reminder that she is gone:)
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2024, 08:30:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I guess it depends on what your barometer of success is. Fact is Uconn has more Natl champs and did it in an era where the competition is much tougher and the game has many more top programs, coaches, players, and exposure.  UT had amazing success under Summit but, in a way, kind of like Montreal Canadians winning all those Stanley Cups when there were 6 teams. The Lady Vols haven't been to Final Four since when? And won it all since when?

I love KC and hope she succeeds. But, for me, I'm staying away from all the media exposure because it is a painful reminder that she is gone:)

You are right...I updated the post you quoted before I even read this response...as I said initially, I am speaking in terms of consistently winning.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 08:36:53 AM by THECHAMPISHERE »

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2024, 01:37:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well it was fun while it lasted.  Wish her the best.  I will be watching.  Maybe Kim can bring our athletic departments together for the benefit of both schools.  Would be nice to get a 2 to 1 scheduling deals with the Vols in any sport. 

Offline phillyherdfan

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2024, 01:48:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pat Summitt? nothing else to say. The lady Vols are an elite WBB team due to Pat. High expectations there.

I too will be interested in seeing if KC?s style of play translates to the SEC and I hope she does well there.

Offline Bigoherd

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2024, 05:06:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kim being from Parkersburg, I was a bit surprised she did not mention another former Parkersburg and UT great, Mary Ostrowski, during her presser.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2024, 05:06:01 PM »