HerdFans.com

Well
    « on: March 23, 2024, 12:03:54 AM »

Offline carolinaherdfan

Re: Well
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 12:09:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I never cared for their JNU whatever, but I am proud of what they brought tonight...
    Really well represented the SBC...

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 12:27:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well.....hard to believe that Byington makes less than Dan. But it is true.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, carolinaherdfan, mr_ash_1995

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 08:23:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't watch the game, but if you check the box score all the statistics were about even except for the turnovers.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401638610

There are rumors that the JMU coach is on wvu's radar for their open coaching position. With the win, the JMU coach might have better offers?

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 08:36:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU has a terrific program. They will push us across the board.

Offline herdman22

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2024, 08:36:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I picked them to get to the Sweet 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2024, 10:28:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well.....hard to believe that Byington makes less than Dan. But it is true.
    Thats just sad.  Watching them get after it defensively last night was fun to watch.  Makes you wonder how little Dan recruits.  If JMU can get those athletes so can we.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2024, 10:32:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Athletic and quick.

Offline D1

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2024, 11:08:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU just took down Wisconsin

JMU played well last night.  I can't stand the complaining that accompanies JMU's programs, but I'm happy for their representation of the SBC.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2024, 11:16:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU seems to be following the path of Central Florida..came into conference as winners and passing us in a cloud of dust

The following users thanked this post: luvherd, mr_ash_1995, herdorbust2

Offline MUther

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2024, 07:55:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU seems to be following the path of Central Florida..came into conference as winners and passing us in a cloud of dust

We beat UCF 3 years in a row and they came into conference 0-17.  But sure.  We are also 1-1 vs JMU in football and 1-3 in basketball, I think, without looking it up.  Basketball blows but nothing to indicate they are going to dominate us in everything.  Right now they are #1 in Bubas cup for sports programs in SBC, but we are #4 of 14 so not exactly slouches.  Let's not let our really bad basketball team and coach ruin everything going on for us.

PS we just beat them for the conference championship in WBB and took 2 out of 3 on the season. 
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 07:57:36 PM by MUther »

The following users thanked this post: svherd, chris88

Online Bigoherd

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2024, 10:48:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU was PHYSICAL!  (A foreign concept with our current head coach.). Let?s continue to recruit skinny players and make sure we keep them out of the weight room and hope we can shoot 70% from 3.  And above all else, let?s just have fun!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, Flat Tire 2, MUther, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2024, 10:48:23 PM »

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2024, 08:06:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't watch the game, but if you check the box score all the statistics were about even except for the turnovers.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401638610

There are rumors that the JMU coach is on wvu's radar for their open coaching position. With the win, the JMU coach might have better offers?
    The difference in JMU is they apparently have a system in place so that when a coach leaves they have a quality replacement in mind. As a result they do not miss a step, I don't like it but they are easily the top dog in the conference.

The following users thanked this post: MUther

Online chris88

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2024, 09:03:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The difference in JMU is they apparently have a system in place so that when a coach leaves they have a quality replacement in mind. As a result they do not miss a step, I don't like it but they are easily the top dog in the conference.

That's part of AD's job. That being said, they haven't had that great of a basketball history but they have everything in place to be successful in any sport. Technically we do too but they are in a much better area for recruiting and the state is flush with cash due to the expansion of the federal govt.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2024, 02:23:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's part of AD's job. That being said, they haven't had that great of a basketball history but they have everything in place to be successful in any sport. Technically we do too but they are in a much better area for recruiting and the state is flush with cash due to the expansion of the federal govt.
    It is if the AD is allowed to make the hiring/firing decision.  Doesn't seem the case at Marshall.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2024, 02:23:24 PM »