Author Topic: I keep checking on here...the lack of news on Dan is mind boggling insanity.  (Read 4024 times)

Offline miltonherdfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Banners

Atop the Cam Henderson Center, the area known as "Herd Heaven" will feature large banners that say "The Herd" and "Marshall" across the top in a move that was put into motion to create a more intimate setting, as well as a safer environment for Marshall fans. With the addition of the banners, the new seating capacity of the Cam Henderson Center will now be 5,467 fans.

"The banners are there for safety reasons and to ensure our fans have access to great seats just below them," Spears said.

https://herdzone.com/news/2022/12/15/general-brand-new-cam-awaits-herd-fans-this-weekend

HerdFans.com

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Banners

Atop the Cam Henderson Center, the area known as "Herd Heaven" will feature large banners that say "The Herd" and "Marshall" across the top in a move that was put into motion to create a more intimate setting, as well as a safer environment for Marshall fans. With the addition of the banners, the new seating capacity of the Cam Henderson Center will now be 5,467 fans.

"The banners are there for safety reasons and to ensure our fans have access to great seats just below them," Spears said.

https://herdzone.com/news/2022/12/15/general-brand-new-cam-awaits-herd-fans-this-weekend

LMAO

The "DD Effect"

I hope DD is happy that he's running Bball into the ground

What a disgrace, and unbelievably selfish that he's not retiring

#dumpsterfire

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Herdalum94, scope58, herdorbust2, BigJimslade

Online MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Banners

Tarps Look awful

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Online scope58

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • LMAO

The "DD Effect"

I hope DD is happy that he's running Bball into the ground

What a disgrace, and unbelievably selfish that he's not retiring

#dumpsterfire
    They will be six feet under next season.

Online herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They will be six feet under next season.

Well scope if Danny waters down the OOC schedule even more and the SB sucks even more, you never know. We might end up about 17-14 next year with a trash schedule. Then they can fill half the non tarped arena and claim success. If you can't get excited about a 77 year old high school coach then what would it take? lol!!!

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Online scope58

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well scope if Danny waters down the OOC schedule even more and the SB sucks even more, you never know. We might end up about 17-14 next year with a trash schedule. Then they can fill half the non tarped arena and claim success. If you can't get excited about a 77 year old high school coach then what would it take? lol!!!
    And they will probably offer him another 4 year contract.. Just unreal

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline BigJimslade

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This will be Dan?s last week as Marshall Coach

Offline mu79grad

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This will be Dan?s last week as Marshall Coach

I posted in another thread that at the UK softball game last Wednesday, the Big Green brass said no definitive decision had been made but Christian Spears would make a statement soon.  Time will tell if BJS is correct.

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I posted in another thread that at the UK softball game last Wednesday, the Big Green brass said no definitive decision had been made but Christian Spears would make a statement soon.  Time will tell if BJS is correct.

I don't think DD is retiring based on what I've heard

But if DD were to retire, I think the only way he would walk away is if we hire Corny

Who would take that deal?

At this stage I say yes (even though I don't think Corny deserves the job) or we are stuck with 2 more years of DD

What say Herd fans?

Offline Herdiowa

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think DD is retiring based on what I've heard

But if DD were to retire, I think the only way he would walk away is if we hire Corny

At this stage I say yes (even though I don't think Corny deserves the job) or we are stuck with 2 more years of DD

What say Herd fans?
    Well let?s see.  One year of pain with Corny vs 2 with Dan.  Give Corny 1 year which allows you to do a thorough coaching search.

Offline Flat Tire 2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Dan is here next year, I hope the AD forces him to play two money games on the road. The other Marshall sports teams  play money games so it is only fair that Dan has to contribute to the bottom line. First of all, it adds needed revenue to Marshall.  Second Dan needs to understand that his program is not a viable D1 program.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 10:10:58 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Dan is here next year, I hope the AD forces him to play two money games on the road. The other Marshall sports teams  play money games so it is only fair that Dan has to contribute to the bottom line. First of all, it adds needed revenue to Marshall.  Second Dan needs understand that his program is not a viable D1 program.

I agree, if DD stays, do not let them put together a soft schedule in order to pad the win total. 

HerdFans.com

Online svherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I could see Marshall working out a deal with Dan to walk away, "retire" and move Corny up to HC with a 3 year deal, no buyout. This would be done only to appease the big donors of b'ball and keep them engaged. This would allow Dan to pick his successor and make it all look clean and smooth. I don't think Corny would be the guy to move us forward, but it would be a change. Maybe an announcement of some sort coming later this week?

It's too bad, schools like ours have to make these type decisions with money to big driver. I wish we were awash with cash like the P5's, then we fire coaches without ramifications from donors who want to take their ball and go home.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline BigJimslade

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Likely will happen today

Offline chris88

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hiring Corny without a search is almost as bad as DD staying.  Call John Brannen and another 3-4 guys who have interest and let Corny interview if he wants. Choose the best guy. Letting 1-2 donors dictate hires gets you M Snyder. Unless those donors pledge to fund a new arena than tell them to stay in their lane.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think DD is retiring based on what I've heard

What say Herd fans?

I say barf and I can't believe this could even be a possibly...."I think the only way he would walk away is if we hire Corny ". Do we really give coaches this much power here? If so, we deserve 100 seasons of losing. If this is how our sports are run...it's worse than I ever thought...

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, miltonherdfan, MicDrass1, herdorbust2

Offline ru4mu2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hiring Corny without a search is almost as bad as DD staying.  Call John Brannen and another 3-4 guys who have interest and let Corny interview if he wants. Choose the best guy. Letting 1-2 donors dictate hires gets you M Snyder. Unless those donors pledge to fund a new arena than tell them to stay in their lane.
    I mean, how would Spears word this in his resume?!? LOL 

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Online MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I say barf and I can't believe this could even be a possibly...."I think the only way he would walk away is if we hire Corny ". Do we really give coaches this much power here? If so, we deserve 100 seasons of losing. If this is how our sports are run...it's worse than I ever thought...

Never heard of such a thing.  WVU just fires and hired a good coach.  Marshall is so backwards.  Deserve to lose games and fans.  Corny jackson bring named HC promoted from assistant of one of worst bb teams in nation.  I?m done with mbb with these promotions.  I thought the track & field hire process was mind boggling but this would be far worse.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 12:47:24 PM by MicDrass1 »

The following users thanked this post: herd33, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline miltonherdfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i just looked up & re-read the press release announcing corny's "promotion" to assoc HC.  i think it's worth noting that it was ALL DD -- the promotion, the quotes, everything.  there was NO mention of or quotes from anyone else -- not CS, not brad, nobody.  if this CJ 'next man up' theory had any cred at all or was in any way officially agreed upon by someone with the authority to do something about it, you'd think there woulda been somebody else that either DD would've alluded to or that would've gone on record in this release as to have agreed to something formal in nature taking place.  it comes across as nothing but a title he can put on his resume now.

suffice to say, i was encouraged after reading it, again.  😂

Offline BigJimslade

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It?s done

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline BigJimslade

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I posted in another thread that at the UK softball game last Wednesday, the Big Green brass said no definitive decision had been made but Christian Spears would make a statement soon.  Time will tell if BJS is correct.

It?s done

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mu79grad

Offline BigJimslade

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

Offline muherd34

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • lol,  no offense to CJ.  But this is such a MU hire.  Hope it works out?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline GreenWhite

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well Champ, you got an answer.

The following users thanked this post: THECHAMPISHERE

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well Champ, you got an answer.

haha yep. And then we're too lazy to even spend 32 seconds on a coaching search.

I despise wvu...but when you look at the process they developed...data driven, analytical, results driven, success driven...a multi faceted calculated research heavy all encompassing approach to hiring a coach...when you hear the details about their process...a process by the way that takes no money...just work...just time...just effort...that the very poorest of anybodies (and even nobodies) can embark on....it makes you sick how we handle things.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, herdfifteen, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com