Author Topic: My son graduates Marshall today!!!!!  (Read 885 times)

Offline whf

Re: My son graduates Marshall today!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2024, 11:19:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Housing shortage??  If so, because NO new housing of ANY significance being BUILT in the City or immediate area.  Existing housing dilapidated, falling in, etc., to the extent Mayor can[t tear them down fast enough, when he's not handing out gobs of "free" needles.  People moving out "further and further"??  Where?  Not in the Counties in and around Huntington according to the STATS!! Counties all losing population, even Putnam's population has stagnated significantly.  So where have they moved?  To Parkersburg?  Portsmouth?  Other side of Charleston?  Don't know about Cape Girardeau in Mizzou, but you need to face REALITY when it comes to Huntington?  Or just feel fine with your Head firmly buried in the ground!  Like Kevin Bacon's ROTC dude proclaimed in "Animal House", "All is well!!".
    You need to read more of what is published recently; I didn't write the stuff, but I do trust the folks who did the studies and are putting it in front of folks who are making investment decisions around the city and the university; big decisions that are driving the city forward; with things like the CyberSecurity center, EcoSystem center, etc.  My head isn't buried at all, its upright, interested, motivated, and just reporting what is the current information coming from apparently folks you don't and won't trust.   

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2024, 11:19:31 AM »

Online bighat

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2024, 03:43:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Three major housing projects in Mason County.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline coalherd

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2024, 08:29:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You need to read more of what is published recently; I didn't write the stuff, but I do trust the folks who did the studies and are putting it in front of folks who are making investment decisions around the city and the university; big decisions that are driving the city forward; with things like the CyberSecurity center, EcoSystem center, etc.  My head isn't buried at all, its upright, interested, motivated, and just reporting what is the current information coming from apparently folks you don't and won't trust.

Well, when the population in HUNTINGTON and CABELL COUNTY and ALL surrounding counties in WV continues to DECLINE where is a great surge in demand coming from?  Can't believe a large number of people living in and around nearby the Ashland, KY area are looking for HOUSING IN HUNTINTON!! Same goes for those in the Ironton-Portsmouth area in Ohio also.  So Huntington, with population of just a little over 40,000 or so and continuing to fall has 20,000 jobs in the City?  And people outside the City are commuting in every day to said jobs?  Don't you think that even if there are that # of jobs in the City, that many of them are filled by people already in the City and not all of them just commuting into town to work?

Yes, the City has too much sub-standard housing, mainly due to abandoned houses, buildings, etc., left to deteriorate as people left town year after year for DECADES!!  If the demand was so great, why haven't contractors, builders, etc., moved into the City, razed much of the abandoned housing and other run down building stock, and build apartments, row houses, single family homes, etc., to meet such great demand? Why was the main emphasis/impetus of the current Mayor's tenure the giving away of Free Needles to Junkies instead of Building MUCH NEEDED housing in the City to accommodate all the JOB seekers there as well as other looking for somewhere to live in the City?? Yes, hopefully the situation will improve as such nearby projects like Nucor in Mason County become reality, but I wonder how many people from Huntington who find work there will be willing to commute ?Rt. 2, a 2 lane road, for years, or even decades, and instead will try to find places to live much closer, like in Mason County?  Hopefully this project, and others, are signs that the area in and around Huntington/Cabell County are taking a turn for the better.  But until the population of the City, County and other close by WV counties shows legitimate GROWTH, then please don't state that Huntington is "en fuego"!!!
    !

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2024, 08:40:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys managed to turn even this thread into a pointless bitchfest. Congrats.

Offline whf

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2024, 07:38:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys managed to turn even this thread into a pointless bitchfest. Congrats.
    That's your opinion; to many the economic fortunes of Huntington, the Marshall community and the wellbeing of our children and grandchildren don't seem to be pointless bitch topics. Apparently they are to you.  Huntington is Marshall and Marshall is Huntington. They have never been more combined than they are now.  People are the target of athletics, they're called fans and game attendance.  People need money, housing and purpose.  So I'm betting many folks don't think economics is a pointless bitch topic.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, elginherd, coalherd

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2024, 12:05:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just saw this ? my cousin did in fact graduate MU

Online 2xBison

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2024, 03:21:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    The coal effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2024, 07:56:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just one proud Dad here!
    My son Austin earned his journalism degree and has plans to move to a bigger metro area.

It wasn?t that long ago that I had them at tailgates when they were little boys, and we were passing the football to them.

Anyone else have kids graduating from MU today??

Great news Dj...congrats to your son...Go Herd!😁

HerdFans.com

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2024, 07:56:57 PM »