Author Topic: Baseball Tickets  (Read 508 times)

Offline BraveSaintStuart

Baseball Tickets
« on: May 07, 2024, 10:02:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apologies if this isn't a good place for this. My sons and I are headed to Huntington at the end of next week to see some baseball, and I'm trying to get some reserved seats for the Thursday and Friday games. I'm just really wanting to avoid SeatGeek fees if I can. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

HerdFans.com

Baseball Tickets
    « on: May 07, 2024, 10:02:45 PM »

Offline ru4mu2

Re: Baseball Tickets
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 07:04:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apologies if this isn't a good place for this. My sons and I are headed to Huntington at the end of next week to see some baseball, and I'm trying to get some reserved seats for the Thursday and Friday games. I'm just really wanting to avoid SeatGeek fees if I can. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    We attended our first game this past Saturday.  I was under the impression that we would have to purchase $10 standing room only tickets.  When we got to the gate, the guy offered us $15 and $20 reserved tickets.  I had also heard the seat geak claim so not sure if that changed and wasn't advertised or what.  We bought the $15 tickets.

I was reading an article on the Coal Cats last night and it said single game prices are $7.  When I went to the tickets section, it takes you to Herdzone.com and prices are from $12-$20.  Seems nobody is ever on the same page...http://wrvc.com/tri-state-coal-cats-announce-roster/ 
    https://herdtickets.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AMARSHALL%3AO23%3AC1%3A&linkID=marshall&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=TSS1&cgc=&dataAccId=652&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_marshall
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 12:21:25 PM by ru4mu2 »

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline svherd

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 07:55:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not a fan of Seat Geek. Tickets prices are inflated and they kill you with a big fee. MU needs to sell tix on it's own and do away with Seat Geek. Not fan friendly. jmho

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 10:59:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not a fan of Seat Geek. Tickets prices are inflated and they kill you with a big fee. MU needs to sell tix on it's own and do away with Seat Geek. Not fan friendly. jmho

Totally agree, although for next weekend's games the SeatGeek cost isn't ridiculous.  $26/seat for Thursday.  WAAAYY to much for a regular attendee, but if you're just going to see a game or 2 its doable.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline MU93

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 12:42:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Isn?t seat geek a reseller?

If so

Mu can?t sell those tickets as they?ve already sold them.  The owner of those tickets is selling them. 

Interesting thing to me in this discussion is there are walk up reserve seats available and there aren?t online. 

Offline svherd

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 12:53:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Isn?t seat geek a reseller?

If so

Mu can?t sell those tickets as they?ve already sold them.  The owner of those tickets is selling them. 

Interesting thing to me in this discussion is there are walk up reserve seats available and there aren?t online.

From everything communicated before the season, any reserved seats were to be purchased via Seat Geek. Only SRO could be purchased through Marshall. Obviously the demand wasn't as high as MU thought - so they now sell them at the stadium. Good for the fans. jmho

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: MU93, miltonherdfan

Offline herdnon

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 01:49:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would have no problems buying the SRO and bringing lawn chairs.  There are a lot of spots where you can sit on a lawn chair and get as good a view as the reserved seats (if not even better).  Even if reserved seats are available, I would probably still opt for SRO.  I'm almost sure you can also find unused reserved seats that you can sit in if it's still empty after the first several innings.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline sardistim

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 04:07:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I attended this past Sunday's game against GA State.  We purchased tickets at the ticket office 30 minutes before the game.  Had great seats for $20.

The following users thanked this post: MU93, svherd, ru4mu2

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2024, 07:04:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I attended this past Sunday's game against GA State.  We purchased tickets at the ticket office 30 minutes before the game.  Had great seats for $20.
    Did the same on Saturday, $15 reserved.  Just wonder why this hasn't been communicated?  My hesitation on attending a game before was having to purchase a SRO ticket because I didn't want to purchase from seat geek.  We had reason to attend Saturday and was pleasantly surprised to have the option of reserved seats.  Online still only offers SRO or $50 club.
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 11:51:55 AM by ru4mu2 »

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2024, 11:42:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Exactly, using seat geek is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2024, 11:50:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • delete.  Went to edit previous and I clicked on quote I guess..
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 11:52:40 AM by ru4mu2 »

Offline BraveSaintStuart

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2024, 07:15:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for the information everybody. I feel better knowing I'll be able to pop up at the field and make a purchase. I'll have my two boys with me, but probably some local family will join me as well. Looking forward to it, and I hope the weather holds up for it for at least one of those games!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2024, 07:15:37 PM »