Author Topic: Transfers  (Read 789 times)

Online herd2win

Transfers
« on: April 24, 2024, 01:13:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are so many transfers in all sports it is difficult to track.  I am always curious if when a guy leaves MU did they do better elsewhere?

An example is Fancher for me.  We don't seem to have a clear cut replacement.  I checked his FAU spring game info.  They have a QB battle sharing snaps. He threw for over 125 yards and a TD but had 2 INTs within a minute.  The other guy threw for similar yards and had 2 TDs and zero INTs.

Will be interesting to see if a different coach helps him become a better QB.

HerdFans.com

Transfers
    « on: April 24, 2024, 01:13:51 PM »

Offline muherd34

Re: Transfers
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 01:57:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He is in the right place. Tom Hermon is a great qb guru and will get the most out of him.  If he doesn?t play well there then he won?t play well anywhere.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Online MUonium

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 06:26:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • our best single years or runs of years was a combination of great coaches and hard-nosed/tough minded players with competitive fire.  although you still have to have that, i think it's now much tougher to achieve having to rebuild a roster every year and sometimes coaching staff as well. 

to the point, and it's old news- i feel like we just haven't had the right combination of offensive teachers and key players for most of the last three decades

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2024, 09:20:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have had this discussion with many Herd fans for several years.  I am hard pressed to name any player in either major sport that has significantly bettered his situation by transferring with the exception of Dre Kane and, maybe, Handlogten.  We all know how much $$ that Cain Madden cost himself by going to Notre Dame rather than staying at MU and being a proverbial big fish/small pond.  Canty was barely heard from after transferring to Auburn (although that might have been more of a Canty thing than stepping up).  That doesn't even consider what the heck happened to Andy. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2024, 09:29:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have had this discussion with many Herd fans for several years.  I am hard pressed to name any player in either major sport that has significantly bettered his situation by transferring with the exception of Dre Kane and, maybe, Handlogten.  We all know how much $$ that Cain Madden cost himself by going to Notre Dame rather than staying at MU and being a proverbial big fish/small pond.  Canty was barely heard from after transferring to Auburn (although that might have been more of a Canty thing than stepping up).  That doesn't even consider what the heck happened to Andy.

Wasn?t Canty all SEC or close?
    In his one year playing for Auburn he avg
    18.3ppg 5 assists 4 rbds

He was very good.  I wish we had players like Kane, Pitts and Canty
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 09:31:26 AM by MicDrass1 »

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2024, 09:40:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn?t Canty all SEC or close?
    In his one year playing for Auburn he avg
    18.3ppg 5 assists 4 rbds

He was very good.  I wish we had players like Kane, Pitts and Canty

He was certainly good, and productive during the 3 months he played at Auburn.  Left in February of that first and only year to 'turn pro', although most people think he just had had enough of Bruce.  Getting into a fight with Bruce's son didn't help. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 05:11:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jackson should be able to handle those kind of players.   We need studs

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 05:11:58 PM »