Author Topic: Division I Board of Directors ratifies transfer, and NIL rule changes  (Read 270 times)

Offline MUfan08

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As expected

Effective immediately, Division I student-athletes have access to additional school assistance with name, image and likeness activities and more flexibility to transfer, the Division I Board of Directors decided Monday when it affirmed action taken last week by the Division I Council.

Schools can identify NIL opportunities and facilitate deals between student-athletes and third parties. Student-athletes are not obligated to accept assistance from the school and must maintain authority over the terms in their NIL agreements. Beginning Aug. 1, member schools will be permitted to increase NIL-related support only for student-athletes who disclose their NIL arrangements.

Also effective immediately, Division I student-athletes who meet certain academic eligibility requirements will be immediately eligible at their next school, regardless of whether they transferred previously. Specifically, to be immediately eligible after a transfer, undergraduate student-athletes must have left their previous school while academically eligible and in good standing (not subject to disciplinary suspension or dismissal) and meet progress-toward-degree requirements at their new school before competing. For graduate transfer student-athletes to be eligible, they must earn a degree from their previous school, leave while academically eligible and be enrolled as a full-time postgraduate student while satisfying minimum academic standards.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/4/22/media-center-division-i-board-of-directors-ratifies-transfer-nil-rule-changes.aspx

HerdFans.com

Offline MUfan08

HerdFans.com

Re: Division I Board of Directors ratifies transfer, and NIL rule changes
    « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 06:27:57 PM »