Author Topic: Speakin of NIL.....  (Read 462 times)

Offline ru4mu2

HerdFans.com

Speakin of NIL.....
« on: April 22, 2024, 10:12:44 AM »

Offline herd2win

Re: Speakin of NIL.....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 10:20:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • But then you have to live in Memphis which is a current war zone.  Nashville and Knoxville are nice but Memphis has turned into a bad city.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online svherd

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 11:17:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • But then you have to live in Memphis which is a current war zone.  Nashville and Knoxville are nice but Memphis has turned into a bad city.

I was just there for company business. The town sucks in every way.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 02:00:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I was in Nashville this time last year and the whole city smelled like Skunk Weed.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 03:36:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39974973/fedex-pledges-25m-5-years-nil-program-memphis

I'd be worried if it were any program other than Memphis.  I don't know if there's a G5 program out there that's done less with more.  They had the advantage of the "new" Liberty Bowl stadium through most the 70's, 80's, and 90s and didn't even make it to a single bowl game during that time.   They had The Pyramid for basketball and basically achieved a vacated Final Four with Rose who put them on probation.  They are now in the FedEx Forum and they have as many NCAA tournaments wins in the last decade as Marshall has.  Their Olympic sports haven't achieved anything like our national title.  For a program trying to look like a power conference program, they do their darndest to deliver non-power program results.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, HerdEcon

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 03:36:34 PM »