Author Topic: Thundercast Tailgates This Weekend  (Read 300 times)

Online Doing it the Herd Way

Thundercast Tailgates This Weekend
« on: April 21, 2024, 05:00:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rus from the ThunderCast here. I wanted to give some shoutouts because so many people came by to express thanks for the tailgates at Football and Softball/Baseball, and the thanks needs to go to a bunch of people and not us.

Landscaping By Hillcrest paid for 100% of the food. Without them, we would not have been able to feed so many. We estimated somewhere between 500 people on Saturday and 100 people on Sunday. We also made sure the food did not go to waste and boxed up to-go meals and took them to people waiting on dinner by the Huntington City Mission. Landscaping By Hillcrest said they wanted this weekend?s events to be epic and made sure it was. If you ever get a chance to thank them by giving them your business or referring someone to do business with them, please do so.

Chris Lewis nearly single-handedly prepped and cooked the entirety of the food both days. He was assisted by his amazing wife and his good friend Brian Lucas. Together they put in countless hours and made sure everything was top notch. We cannot thank the three of them enough. The food was amazing and got rave reviews from everyone.

We outsourced the macaroni and cheese this year because I usually make it myself but could not sue to time constraints. Soul Food Twist made the macaroni and cheese and it also got rave reviews. They are located behind Dan?s Sporting Goods on 12th St. You can follow them on Facebook to see what the rotating daily specials are and when they will be open. They generally sell out every day so they stay open until they sell out.

And finally, the Big Green wanted to amplify the tailgates and also try to grow the Big Green membership. In sticking with the tailgate theme, they had custom oven/grill mitts made up with the Marshall logo, and gave those away to anyone joining the Big Green or increasing their annual donation by $60, the cost of joining at the lowest level. They gave away a 17? Blackstone tabletop griddle to one of the new/increasing members. The winner will be contacted on Monday. One new donor was from Texas and was only here in support of new Offensive Line Coach Cody Crill. Coach Crill had coached his son in Texas. He wanted to donate and do his part and he made his donation in Coach Crill?s name. I thought that was a very cool gesture and a very cool story.

HerdFans.com

Thundercast Tailgates This Weekend
    « on: April 21, 2024, 05:00:24 PM »

Offline herdfan93

Re: Thundercast Tailgates This Weekend
    « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 06:55:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rus from the ThunderCast here. I wanted to give some shoutouts because so many people came by to express thanks for the tailgates at Football and Softball/Baseball, and the thanks needs to go to a bunch of people and not us.

Landscaping By Hillcrest paid for 100% of the food. Without them, we would not have been able to feed so many. We estimated somewhere between 500 people on Saturday and 100 people on Sunday. We also made sure the food did not go to waste and boxed up to-go meals and took them to people waiting on dinner by the Huntington City Mission. Landscaping By Hillcrest said they wanted this weekend?s events to be epic and made sure it was. If you ever get a chance to thank them by giving them your business or referring someone to do business with them, please do so.

Chris Lewis nearly single-handedly prepped and cooked the entirety of the food both days. He was assisted by his amazing wife and his good friend Brian Lucas. Together they put in countless hours and made sure everything was top notch. We cannot thank the three of them enough. The food was amazing and got rave reviews from everyone.

We outsourced the macaroni and cheese this year because I usually make it myself but could not sue to time constraints. Soul Food Twist made the macaroni and cheese and it also got rave reviews. They are located behind Dan?s Sporting Goods on 12th St. You can follow them on Facebook to see what the rotating daily specials are and when they will be open. They generally sell out every day so they stay open until they sell out.

And finally, the Big Green wanted to amplify the tailgates and also try to grow the Big Green membership. In sticking with the tailgate theme, they had custom oven/grill mitts made up with the Marshall logo, and gave those away to anyone joining the Big Green or increasing their annual donation by $60, the cost of joining at the lowest level. They gave away a 17? Blackstone tabletop griddle to one of the new/increasing members. The winner will be contacted on Monday. One new donor was from Texas and was only here in support of new Offensive Line Coach Cody Crill. Coach Crill had coached his son in Texas. He wanted to donate and do his part and he made his donation in Coach Crill?s name. I thought that was a very cool gesture and a very cool story.

We used them in the last few years and we were very pleased with all they did which included a new driveway and retaining wall.  They threw in some landscaping without extra charge.  Christy Scarberry and her son are great people. We would definitely recommend them.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, chris88

Online W0lfman

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 09:03:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Excellent gathering you guys put together!  And the two dudes you mentioned above are top notch first class guys. Go Herd!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Big City, biggreenarms, chris88

Offline Big City

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 01:10:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank you sir, for the shout out.

I will take any opportunity to tailgate, especially when close friends are involved.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, 2xBison, biggreenarms, Doing it the Herd Way

HerdFans.com

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 01:10:27 PM »