Author Topic: How about the ladies and Recruiting there  (Read 1223 times)

Offline wasbarryb

How about the ladies and Recruiting there
« on: March 31, 2024, 03:13:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm seeing several threads on Corney and men's recruiting.  Any news on the women's side, she has at least four scholarship vacancies.  Clearly the women's program doesn't have the problems the men have, but they do need to replace multiple top performers.
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 12:56:18 PM by wasbarryb »

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

How about the ladies and Recruiting there
    « on: March 31, 2024, 03:13:30 PM »

Offline chris88

Re: How about the ladies and Recruiting there
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 08:53:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There was some talk in another thread about women's recruiting.  KC offered a girl from Parkersburg and some players on WV Thunder AAU team.

April 4-8 is dead period I believe and the spring signing period in April 17 - May 15 or somewhere close to those dates.

Most of ESPN top 100 already signed in early period in November....all but five. But that list is not a be all list that is always accurate. I looked up one girl from 2023 on that list and her production was very low as a college FR. Didn't have time to look at rest. I imagine KC is looking at D1/D2 portal entries and also her list of HS players she has been recruiting and trying to get a list together to target for schollies.  I'm sure the portal entries are changing rapidly and there will probably still be entries for at least a couple of weeks after NCAA Champ game. And there is always the chance that at least one or more current players on MU roster will not be back.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, wasbarryb

Offline Refiners

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 10:12:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really like her style of play and substitution pattern. I do wonder how difficult it will be to recruit to that system when every HS star wants to o to the next level and continue playing 35 minutes a game.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 12:24:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How many schollies do we have to give ? I believe the grads/seniors were Beewoman, Soup, and Shoehorn. Was Breadwinner Yeast on schollie ? I thought she redshirted.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline chris88

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 12:55:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How many schollies do we have to give ? I believe the grads/seniors were Beewoman, Soup, and Shoehorn. Was Breadwinner Yeast on schollie ? I thought she redshirted.

She did RS but may still been on scholly. Ro Scott was also on scholly. So by my math she should have at least 4
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2024, 01:19:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She did RS but may still been on scholly. Ro Scott was also on scholly. So by my math she should have at least 4

Timberlynn is definitely on scholarship.  I don't know if the freshman from Midland (Allie) is on scholarship or not. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

Offline MUonium

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2024, 01:59:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i have no clue who, how, where or when coach will recruit.
    i do know there are many D1 guards with varying years of eligibility who scored 10 to 17 points, some of those also having good rpgs and apgs.  saw a 6'6 center with good numbers.  many forwards too.  all from the Missouri Valley and eastward mid to low major conferences- maybe a hi-mid major or two.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, parshall2marshall, chris88

Offline GoHerd35

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88, MUonium

Offline chris88

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 06:40:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck and God Bless Terah wherever she lands.

From a scholly standpoint that should mean at least 5 to give.

Update: Actually there are 12 players on current roster. If all got full schollies that would leave only 3 available.  In WBB you have to offer a full scholly or none I believe....although others not getting one of the 15 schollies (men get 13, women 15 in D1) may get some other type of help via tuition waiver etc as you can carry 16 on team I believe. So KC has between 3-5 available.
    « Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 08:39:58 AM by chris88 »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2024, 06:55:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, parshall2marshall, chris88, luckytoes99

Offline wesnky

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2024, 07:01:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shouldn't MU be recruiting Coach Kim to stay home.  Many big time positions opening up with lots of nil money.  I loathe nil.

The following users thanked this post: HerdFanJ

Offline chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2024, 07:26:28 PM »

Offline gtrman4herd

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2024, 04:50:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck and God Bless Terah wherever she lands.

From a scholly standpoint that should mean at least 5 to give.

Update: Actually there are 12 players on current roster. If all got full schollies that would leave only 3 available.  In WBB you have to offer a full scholly or none I believe....although others not getting one of the 15 schollies (men get 13, women 15 in D1) may get some other type of help via tuition waiver etc as you can carry 16 on team I believe. So KC has between 3-5 available.
    Yes, full scholarship or nothing  for WBB, it?s a counter sport.
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for,
    And your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    *John Prine*

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2024, 04:50:38 PM »