Author Topic: If corny keeps any of the current D2 roster, I'm not on board.  (Read 1341 times)

Offline herd1990

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd begrudgingly keep Fricks and OAK.  I'd work hard at keeping Martin.  All others need to find a new home.  All others aren't cut out for this level of competition. 

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, MicDrass1, herdfan129, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

Online MUfan08

Re: If corny keeps any of the current D2 roster, I'm not on board.
    « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 08:13:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully he moves the remaining practice 5 player Braun out and he corrects Dan's recent mistake of putting Pruett on scholarship.

Give Corny the keys to the place, don't put stipulations that hold him up like we did Snyder (have to keeping Kueck on the staff) and expect him to win.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 08:17:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd begrudgingly keep Fricks and OAK.  I'd work hard at keeping Martin.  All others need to find a new home.  All others aren't cut out for this level of competition.
    I think Corny needs at least one assistant. You should apply.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, bighat, horsrman, BraveSaintStuart

Offline herdly4

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 08:19:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That?s where the rubber meets the road. It?s all about the roster not the coaching. We have 10 years where we have brought in  a few good players but the cupboard is bare. They need to get the bulk of our players on division  2 rosters and bring in some players. They also need to bring in some new blood for his assistants. Sick of Marshall people bring in some new blood. The first item on the agenda is getting rid of Cline. No energy and a personality that couldn?t get anyone excited about anything.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd1990, scope58, herdorbust2

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 09:02:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Clean house.  Keep Martin & Obinna .... Fricks for 10th man

All come off bench

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 09:13:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Delaware States Jevin Muniz (soph) in portal.  He scored 21 on Texas shooting 66%
    Season high 31 against Morgan state
    6.7 guard / forward

Also - Martaz Robinson in portal (grad).  17ppg / 7rb / 5 assists
    Physical with excellent mid range and pull up jumper
    24 on Longwood
    21 on grambling
    15 at Wake
    10 at texas
    Season high - 27 @ NC Central
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 09:22:38 PM by MicDrass1 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 09:21:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I think Braun, Nutter and Pruett will stay but we'll see.

Honestly who cares about the 11, 12 and 13 guy on your roster?

NBD imo

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 09:25:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Braun, Nutter and Pruett will stay but we'll see.

Honestly who cares about the 11, 12 and 13 guy on your roster?

NBD imo

Yup put connor and fricks 9/10
    Rest 11-13

Then they get pic and roll out

Bring in 5 starters and top 6th man

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 09:31:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yup put connor and fricks 9/10
    Rest 11-13

Then they get pic and roll out

Bring in 5 starters and top 6th man

Yea Conner and Fricks are 9 and 10

Not gonna play unless really work on their games and lift Fing weights 😂

The following users thanked this post: svherd, MicDrass1

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 10:36:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yea Conner and Fricks are 9 and 10

Not gonna play unless really work on their games and lift Fing weights 😂

I think Corny as HC will have a good weight lifting program for the team. His career started out at TN after signing with the Vols out of high school. GW had a decent weight lifting program and had some players with muscle. J.R got up to around 245 or so with PF Latece Williams at 6-8, 235, Marvin Black 6-7,225, Terrell McKelvy 6-7, around 230 and etc. Corny will want some bangers to rebound and protect the lane.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, jdonaccbus

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 11:56:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree. I?m on board with giving him a chance, but if he keeps these guys then it?s obvious he is just a DD clone.

I?ll get behind him if he proves he is running his own program. I?m not interested in someone who is going to continue the same poor roster management as DD.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: overherd1, herdorbust2

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2024, 12:00:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Corny needs at least one assistant. You should apply.

And you sound like you?re in the hand it to me crowd.  Really stupid dude!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, scope58, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2024, 12:00:45 AM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2024, 06:58:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree. I?m on board with giving him a chance, but if he keeps these guys then it?s obvious he is just a DD clone.

I?ll get behind him if he proves he is running his own program. I?m not interested in someone who is going to continue the same poor roster management as DD.

My biggest concern is him going to Dan as his mentor for advice or Dan pulling the strings behind him. There's a lot of reasons why a coach would insist on his protege being his successor and not all of them are good.  In fact, that creepy situation is probably my biggest reason for not wanting him as coach.  That and his relationship with the players may make it hard to do what's needed.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, miltonherdfan

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2024, 07:11:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My biggest concern is him going to Dan as his mentor for advice or Dan pulling the strings behind him. There's a lot of reasons why a coach would insist on his protege being his successor and not all of them are good.  In fact, that creepy situation is probably my biggest reason for not wanting him as coach.  That and his relationship with the players may make it hard to do what's needed.

This my biggest concern. We will know a lot about CJ with his roster management. If he doesn't make some major changes with the roster then he is not his own man. If he keeps players like Nutter and Pruett (Pruett is probably to political to remove) just because Dan gave him a scholarship, then we have a problem.  I afraid he will keep most of the players because they are Dan's boys? He had better emphasize an off season weight training program to the players; unlike Dan. The biggest need for Marshall basketball is players who can play at D1 then coaching.
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 09:41:32 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2024, 09:19:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This my biggest concern. We will know a lot about CJ with his roster management. If doesn't make some major changes with the roster then he is not his own man. If he keeps players like Nutter and Pruett (Pruett is probably to political to remove) just because Dan gave him a scholarship, then we have a problem.  I afraid he will keep most of the players because they are Dan's boys? He had better emphasize an off season weight training program to the players; unlike Dan. The biggest need for Marshall basketball is players who can play at D1 then coaching.

yeah, we're in desperate need of just a complete culture makeover in MBB, & it's just really hard to believe the 1 responsible for the mess is gonna hand-pick a guy that would be so drastically different than he was.

Offline Surbadger

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 09:48:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will go into the portal, he'll have to. We have way too many openings to fill.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online MUfan08

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 10:15:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Will Moore and Erich Harding want to open up their recruiting again they can now.

Recent changes allows players who have signed a LOI to open up their recruitment again if there was a coaching change.

https://www.on3.com//news/ncaa-alter-language-national-letter-of-intent-penalties-nli-coaching-change-release/

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2024, 10:18:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CJ has to be his own coach--not just Dan's pick. The ball is now in his hands, and he has to make HIS mark on the program.

His first hurdle is to remake the roster into a competitive division one basketball team.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, herdorbust2

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2024, 10:28:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope DD leaves Corny to try his best.  Hopefully cj can bring in a new style of play besides chuck up the 3 ball

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2024, 10:45:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The two Coaches that Corny talks about are DD and Gary Waters. Both of these coaches are big on loyalty, and in fact Corny is too. I don't look for any of the remaining players being pushed out, and Pruett will not lose his scholarship (As mentioned too much of a political mess). That leaves him four scholarships to find some players. To be successful, these transfers will have to be able to start, plus be the first man off the bench. If that is the case, then with Oak, Martin, Conner (moving back to 3), and Fricks we could be pretty decent. The key is going to be what he can do in the Portal and does he have enough NIL money.

As to playing style, if he can incorporate DD's offense with Waters Defense philosophies, it should be a very entertaining.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, horsrman

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2024, 11:42:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The two Coaches that Corny talks about are DD and Gary Waters. Both of these coaches are big on loyalty, and in fact Corny is too. I don't look for any of the remaining players being pushed out, and Pruett will not lose his scholarship (As mentioned too much of a political mess).

another reason why this looks like a "had to" deal on the part of CS.  "honor his commitment" (as he famously said in his huff statement), & prepare to move on afterward.

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2024, 04:53:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And you sound like you?re in the hand it to me crowd.  Really stupid dude!
    I am not in any crowd DUDE just saying if you want to make those decisions apply for a job. Otherwise your billboard kibutzing means nothing except you are a frustrated wannabe coach or something. And your opinion, like mine, means diddly the only difference is I don't belittle athletes calling them DII or less.
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 04:56:14 PM by Gaylen »

The following users thanked this post: gtrman4herd, horsrman

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2024, 04:53:43 PM »

Offline herd1990

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2024, 05:07:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not in any crowd DUDE just saying if you want to make those decisions apply for a job. Otherwise your billboard kibutzing means nothing except you are a frustrated wannabe coach or something. And your opinion, like mine, means diddly the only difference is I don't belittle athletes calling them DII or less.

It's a message board dude.  Get over yourself.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2024, 05:45:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's a message board dude.  Get over yourself.
    I understand that I am over the top on this its just I am tired of people denigrating the players. As fans we should leave personnel moves up to the coaches. I just don't feel it is our place to post on a board like this which can be seen by the players and their friends or family how worthless we (the posters) feel like they are.
    One of the first things I learned was you praise in public and criticize in private. That's especially true with kids.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline MUther

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2024, 06:19:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you praise in public and criticize in private

See, we just called that being two-faced.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2024, 06:19:04 PM »