Author Topic: "No Luck For Friends of Coal Bowl"  (Read 1597 times)

Offline lmckay92

• Rookie

HerdFans.com

"No Luck For Friends of Coal Bowl"
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:00:13 PM »

Offline guru shudu moonday

• All American
  • Member Since 12/2009
Re: "No Luck For Friends of Coal Bowl"
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:06:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • honestly, i think they  are too big of dumb*ss's to be chickensh*ts! unreal. this is a treasonous act against the state of WV. they're all take and no give..................... one day.
    If your so damn smart, why ain't you rich?

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:09:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And you're surprised?
    First that the News and Sentinel would be tacitly against the Marshall-wvu series? The folks that own that paper also produce the Blue and Gold News. I mean if the wvu athletic folks stop too suddenly the people with Ogden newspapers would break their collective noses.
    It may end. One of the participants -- wvu -- is afraid to play because it would hurt its perception as the elite program in the state and that may cause the money men (aka the state of West Virginia) from giving the big hog the big bucks. It may even out the government gravy train out and wvu can't stand for that to happen.
    No, its time to bring back wvu's real nickname: The CHICKENEERS!!!

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:13:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just don't see why anyone who is a Herd fan and has been $hit on for years thinks this is going to be different?  In two years, this is over.  There may be a game here and a game there to throw us a bone and keep the government out of it...but to think there is going to be a FAIR series played after this contract runs its course is not too smart.

Put aside all the logic about money and rivalry, etc and think about it.  You know it's not likely.  These threads are as pointless as that "resolution" that had two weeks of banter devoted to it.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The best thing that could happen would be for the Herd beat them the next two years in Morgantown and as the bus cranks up to come back to Htown after the final beat down tell them to not let the door knob hit 'em where the good Lord split 'em.

Offline lmckay92

• Rookie
    « Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:22:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They're chickensh*ts.

Offline scuberman

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 08:58:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "We have no room on our schedule, no one is interested in this game, we want seven home games, we are looking for better competition, we have already scheduled a CUSA school, we get nothing by beating MU, blah, blah blah."  Tired of the excuses.  If they don't want to play, we don't need to beg them.  We played football before this series and we will play after it is over.

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shouldn't have given them the game last year in Huntington.  We just need to win this year and finish it next year. They are obviously scared to play after we  kicked them around the Joan.  They were who we thought they were and we let them off the hook.
    "The Herd #1"

Offline Big City

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:33:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • **yawn** where's my coffee? What excuse are you going to come up with next week Mr. Luck?  ::)

There are much better programs out there to play on Saturday- Marshall needs to move on and get a bigger name locked in.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline cincymike

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 09:08:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Will there ever be an end to this story?  As for me, I'm tired of anything and everything WVU and wish we could all let it go and move on.

The continuous rehashing of all this bullshi$$ is borderline paranoia.  Let's kick their a$$ these last two games and move on!  Let's focus on taking care of the business we can control, like making a run in our own conference.

I have a dream....that one day I can go to my favorite forums, and not have to read anything about WVU...I have a dream!

Offline lmckay92

• Rookie
    « Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does not change the fact they are chickensh*ts.  >:(

However, there are aspects of this arrangement that make me glad the series is ending.

Offline svherd

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shouldn't have given them the game last year in Huntington.  We just need to win this year and finish it next year. They are obviously scared to play after we  kicked them around the Joan.  They were who we thought they were and we let them off the hook.

Yep, If we'd have finished business last fall, we could tell them to pound dirt now and not play the last two games.

We've gotta good shot at them this fall - Doc and Co. better take advantage of it.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love to hate them, but I don't understand the "they owe it to us" or "the state needs it"...let 'em go!  I have as much fun hating them as I do beating them.

Muck the Fountaineers!

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline scuberman

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Mr. Luck wants to cut ties, then lets do it.  No more basketball, baseball, volleyball, forensics, debate, or anything else that is competitive so he would not get the reputation of his priceless institution damaged by the poor sisters of the west.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »